Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Florida Transfer Portal 2022 & NFL Declared (Live List Post #3)

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by exiledgator, Nov 28, 2022.

1. okcgator

okcgator GC Legend

Sep 24, 2015
    Dayton
    Well that’s what he does right? Spills shit early then complains about it sucking the oxygen out of the room.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. spike718

spike718 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    trey Dean posted his invite before last years combine and he returned to Uf so it might be more common than we know to get invited as a jr and return to school

3. shane4three

shane4three GC Hall of Fame

Dec 24, 2014
    He didn’t say the opposite and second are you ok with 7 losses and getting stomped by Osu and losing to Vandy. We all get the build to sec champ status but that doesn’t mean can’t win 8 or 9 games. It’s possible and ok to go 8-4 or 9-3 while your building to sustainability.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  4. shane4three

Dec 24, 2014
    That didn’t mean lose to all rivals and Vandy while watching FSU run wild in the portal. When he got MM from Baylor I said nice job Billy. I support Billy but some people are not objective at all. Eg thinking our portal class will be close to FSU. Just not possible and not objective.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. shane4three

Dec 24, 2014
    Now into second year so those that think it should take 5 years to win 9 games have to say he’s not a rookie anymore. We are past winning “now” when your in your second year. Mentality wise shouldn’t we expect to see progress? And one way to determine progress is wins. So to make progress in Year two we’d say ( I’d hope) another win or two would show just that. So this year it should be fair to say to 7 reg season wins with a bowl win to get to 8 wound show progress and yet we are being told it’s possible and ok we may be a 5/6 win team.

6. okcgator

okcgator GC Legend

Sep 24, 2015
    Dayton
    I’m sure losing to UK, Vandy, and FSU weren’t in his plans either but they happened. He also probably didn’t expect to beat Utah or win on the road at A&M. He also probably didn’t expect the near entire roster of a 6-7 team to stay either. Objectively what is impressive about what FSU is doing in the portal ? The best player they landed is the CB from UVA who no one on this board knew existed until some site named him the best DB in the portal 2 months ago. What game changing player have they landed. Which one of their transfers would you take over the HS players we landed in December? FSU has placed a priority on portal guys that’s fine but their HS class would probably be sitting around 30 if not for Williams. Is that what you want a HS class between 20-30 and a portal class propped up by shear numbers?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  7. shane4three

Dec 24, 2014
    I want 6-7 highly ranked transfers that can step in like below. Would like 10-11 overall. Need another qb now, a starting WR, one more big time Ol to replace White, a Safety, and an edge that can get after it like Verse.
    FSU
    Fiske- #1 DL. Great addition.
    Cypress- #2 DB and big time addition
    Jackson- immediate starter on DL
    Bell- #1 TE
    Morlick- excellent TE prospect
    Byers- immediate OL starter
    Jones and Roddick- both OL. One will start and the other will provide depth.
    Edmond- good back up piece if not part time starter with high upside.

On the low end they picked up 5 starters but probably 6-7.

Review last year’s portal class:

Best LB- portal guy Bethune from UCF
    Best DB- portal guy Robinson from SC
    Best DL- portal guy Verse
    Best Wr- Portal guy Wilson
    Best Rb- portal guy Benson from Oregon
    Qb- portal guy

Their doing very well getting high quality players.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. kryptonite

kryptonite GC Hall of Fame

Dec 12, 2008
    Just a question. Why are you obsessing on FSU when Michigan and LSU have as good or better portal classes and far superior high school classes than FSU? Would you rather us model the suck at high school recruiting and hope to fill major roster gaps every year through he portal of FSU or the model of building the roster right?

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  9. MarineG8R

MarineG8R GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2014
    He’s portal obsessed

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. kryptonite

kryptonite GC Hall of Fame

Dec 12, 2008
    If so, why obsess about the ones that FSU got over guys like Jordan Burch, Kiyuntai Goodwin, Aaron Anderson, Jordan Jefferson, etc.all of whom are at positions of our need and better IMHO opinion than anything FSU got.

11. MarineG8R

Nov 19, 2014
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. apkgator

apkgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Who exactly posted or thinks "it should take 5 years to win 9 games"???
    Making absurd statements that no one remotely suggested only distracts from serious discussion

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. shane4three

Dec 24, 2014
    Haha, some continue to talk about the time it takes. In fact there a constant theme on here. Some of us disagree. Even losing all we lost with next year’s schedule I think 7-5 is very doable with a bowl win to get to 8. We should see progress in year two. My inference is that standards have been lowered. It’s never ok or acceptable to go 6-7 at the University of Florida.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. apkgator

apkgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    "Review last years portal class"???
    The QB portal guy was there before Norvell...he played against UF in 2019
    Robinson wasn't in last years class either, he's been at FSU 2 years
    Benson was a low 3 star coming off a major injury that FSU fans lost their minds cause of a wasted ship Wilson caught 12 passes at ASU....Pearsall caught 48 on the same team
    They had some nice portal pickups, so did UF. They have recruited high school poorly and are much more reliant on the portal than most schools. Your obsession with this is odd

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. apkgator

apkgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Translation....you just made up the 5 year thing. Newsflash, everyone expects progress. The standards haven't been lowered

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. shane4three

Dec 24, 2014
    Again, reading through this board I’ve read 25 times over the last year “it’s gonna take time” and not translation, it’s my interpretation and opinion.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  17. LS1

LS1 All American

Sep 9, 2015
    Marysville, OH
    I have seen a lot of folks say Napier should get five years, which is a fair statement IMO. Haven't seen ANYONE say they don't expect us to have a 9-win season until 2026.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  18. scooterp

scooterp GC Hall of Fame

Feb 15, 2012
    Of course he did :confused:
    Not shocked in the least. He is so bad it almost seems intentional

19. shane4three

Dec 24, 2014
    FSU’s class is #1 or #2 in anything I’ve looked at. That being said, major props to Kelly. He walked into a mess at LSU and did big things in less than a year. His portal work has been very impressive. His thorough and detail in coaching aspects have been beyond impressive. What I respect most about Kelly is his urgency and intensity.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. MarineG8R

Nov 19, 2014
    Anyone think USC (West Coast) tampered.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1