Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Florida State Guard

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by tarponbro, Jul 14, 2023.

1. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Ahhh, the ignorance is bliss crowd. Carry on.

"According to the report, the State Guard has blown through two leaders in eight months as even higher-ups question the mission, fearing that DeSantis is creating a private force he can use to put down riots and conduct law enforcement activity. “The program got hijacked and turned into something that we were trying to stay away from: a militia,” said retired 20-year Navy veteran Brian Newhouse, who previously led one of the State Guard's divisions and filed a number of grievances including that the State Guard mandated training on Sundays, with no time off for church attendance."

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. GatorNorth

GatorNorth Premium Member Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Atlanta
    Seems the mandated Sunday training would be toast under the recent SCOTUS/postal worker case.

3. tampajack1

tampajack1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    California is going to have to ramp up its state military in order to thwart any attacks from Florida. I would expect that eventually most of the states will have their own nuclear weapons.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    There's been a Yevgeny Prigozhin sighting in Tallahassee. He has experience leading a private army, but can DeSantis really hire a foreigner?

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Emmitto

Emmitto VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Well let’s see how the visit to the 10th floor of some random hospital where he drinks the Novichokarita goes first.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Sohogator

Sohogator GC Hall of Fame

Aug 22, 2012
    Well Ron’s a Fascist so……

Last edited: Jul 15, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  7. Sohogator

Aug 22, 2012
    I thought Meathead Ron was a self pronounced Christian? Ah well is see I answered my own question. Most who loudly announce it - aren’t.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Sohogator

Aug 22, 2012
    As the world 5th largest economy they snicker in Ron’s general direction. They’d fire a boatload of nukes on hypersonic missiles and call it a day.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Gator515151

Gator515151 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 4, 2007
    Thanks, now I know I am voting for Ron. When the too hot libs stoop to calling people who are not racist racist it tells me there is something about that person that scares the crap out of the libs.

• Winner Winner x 2
  10. G8tas

G8tas GC Hall of Fame

Sep 22, 2008
    Since Trump was called a racist first shouldn't you be voting for him?

• Like Like x 1
  11. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    “The program got hijacked and turned into something that we were trying to stay away from: a militia,” said retired 20-year Navy veteran

so why ignore these comments?

12. homer

homer GC Hall of Fame

Nov 2, 2015
    Florida has a national guard already. Its commander in chief is the govna.

Is the new group different other than it’s called the “state” guard?

Florida National Guard - Wikipedia

13. swampbabe

swampbabe GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Viera, FL
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  14. murphree_hall

murphree_hall VIP Member

Jul 11, 2019
    I spent many years in the Florida National Guard. It’s a top notch organization that is well equipped and manned. I couldn’t imagine needing these extra people or wanting them around messing up stuff.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. uftaipan

uftaipan GC Hall of Fame

May 31, 2007
    Fresno, CA
    Yes, there’s a difference. I’ll explain when I have a few minutes. Much like the Space Force, it’s important to separate the idea from the man you don’t like. This isn’t a bad idea if it’s done the other way states do it. And it will still be a good idea after a Democrat is governor.

• Like Like x 1
  16. UFLawyer

UFLawyer GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    Here is what I imagine when I read some of the attacks by you folks

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. phatGator

phatGator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2007
    Dayton, Ohio
    State defense force - Wikipedia

Most states have these, and they fall under various names such as guard, or defense force, or military reserve. In some states, the force is inactive. The purpose of most of these is to provide assistance in times of natural disasters or civil unrest.

It’s interesting that 20 of the states have naval forces, although some of those are inactive. Years ago when we were at the small arms firing school at Camp Perry on Lake Erie, Ohio’s Navy - all two boats - had the job to keep idiots from motoring their boats into the posted restricted zone where the bullets would fall into the lake. A couple of times cease-fire was called so the idiots could be chased away.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2023
  18. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Do other states authorize their state guards to act outside of their own state’s borders? Do they abuse disabled retired marine officers in training?

19. chemgator

chemgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    We mean that Disney is out of control. Only by having a more powerful force than Disney has can we defeat it. I heard that an amusement ride that is virtually identical to "It's a Small World" has been set up in Camp Blanding, and troops are forced to sit through the ride for hours at a time with no earplugs and their hands tied to their ankles. Only with this kind of training can we hope for a peaceful resolution to Disney Wars.

• Funny Funny x 3
  20. UFLawyer

UFLawyer GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    No Marine I know would call the sheriff to claim he was abused because he was shoved into a Van. Navy guy? Maybe. But a Marine….never. I call BS on the report.

• Like Like x 1