Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

"Florida Gators athletic director reveals details for stadium renovations"

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by Gatorrick22, Jan 12, 2024.

1. tegator80

tegator80 GC Hall of Fame

May 29, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    I am not a stadium architect, but I can not fathom how you can add to the fan experience without removing seats. And when I say "removing seats" what I am really talking about is a whole new stadium. The aisles are what they are. You can remove seats to allow more sideways room but IMO you can NOT give you more depth to allow chair back seats, legroom, and easier walking space.

Methinks it is all a ruse to get the money folks on-board and then give them the bad news later. ADA is a noble pursuit, but as I said, build a new stadium if you have too many wish-list items. Truly baffling.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. archigator_96

archigator_96 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2020
    It would be a pretty simple calculation with a couple of assumptions. The sound power level of each fan would have to be assumed to be the same. But, what paidinfull said is correct, a noticeable increase would start at 3dB, a doubling would occur at 6dB. But since the dB scale is logarithmic you have to really increase the number of sources to get the doubling of sound you are looking for.

3. Crusher

Crusher GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    They do call it "attendance" for a reason.

Of course they count everyone in the entire stadium including the players on the field.

4. Claygator

Claygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Answer the question I posed. Because I will.