Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

FL/GA Scrimmage Friday 10/28

Discussion in 'GatorGrowl's Diamond Gators' started by Gatorgal04, Oct 27, 2022.

1. jaxgatorlp03

jaxgatorlp03 Sophomore

Nov 8, 2019
    For sure. Not too worried about BT though, unless he finds himself in a rough slump. I actually have confidence in him when he steps to the plate

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. All I see, might be rough early on getting back but physically he's got it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Matherly87

Matherly87 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 3, 2016
    Ocala, FL
    My guess would be....
    Tall and Lanky
    You're welcome

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  4. 74nole

74nole GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Marianna, Fl
    Bahahaha! You’re killing me Smalls!!!:ninja3:

• Like Like x 1
  5. GatorLegend

GatorLegend VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I was also at the baseball game in Jacksonville but entertained visitors for the football game and didn’t have time to post. Won’t go into much detail since so much of game was reported already.

I was one of the people that ran into Tebow and Champ Bailey at the ticket office. Was having trouble with my electronic tickets so they sent me to the box office to get paper replacements. When I got to the box office they sent me to window three. I recognized the player as a Georgia grad and NFL hall of famer sitting in the chair but couldn’t remember his name. So I’m thinking to myself, could this guy possibly be the ticket manager at the ballpark? He asks me if he can help me and I sorta reluctantly explain my situation to him. He tells me, I think you need to talk to this man, and then Tebow steps over to window three and says, oh, you’re definitely getting in for free! I suddenly remembered Champs name and I said, OK Tim, I thought something was up when I saw Champ Bailey sitting at the ticket window! They both laughed and told me the real ticket lady was at window one. So while I waited in line for her I saw two other notable Gator fans speak to Tim. Brad Wilkerson’s dad introduced himself and told Tim he enjoyed listening to him preach at a local church. Then our shortstop, Josh Rivera’s mom said she could only pull up one ticket on her phone but the university was supposed to send her four. I noticed there were two large TV cameras filming the whole thing.

During the game both teams had scoring opportunities early but While Florida took advantage of just about every opportunity they had after the first inning, Georgia couldn’t convert on any. Florida got out of a couple early jams with DP’s. Here’s one example of Georgia’s misfortune. With runners on first and third with two outs in the second, Waldrep uncorks a wild pitch that bounces off the backstop so hard that it comes back to the catcher who dives to catch the ball. As he gets back to his knees, the runner on third is caught halfway home and turns to go back to third. The catcher nails the runner in the back with the throw that ricochets into left field. The runner on third gets up off the clay, and then our left fielder notices that the runner that was on first is now two thirds of the way to third base with no where to go. Our LF runs the base runner back to second and then throws to second where the runner was tagged out. All of that and UGA remained scoreless.

• Winner Winner x 1