Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

First Regional bracket projection

Discussion in 'GatorGrowl's Diamond Gators' started by TheBoss, Feb 15, 2024.

1. TheBoss

TheBoss Premium Member

Jun 22, 2010
    Gainesville
    Not that anyone is getting ahead of themselves a day before the season starts, but D1Baseball created a 64 team bracket, based on their preseason rankings and the summaries they have done for each conference.

Gators got a 2 seed, based on their #2 ranking. Others in our regional are noles, Liberty and JU. We are matched with the #15 Coastal Carolina Regional for a Super. Others assigned there are UNC, ArizSt and Samford.

My first comment is now we know for certain that reality will be something different. We may not face ANY of those seven other teams, but it's a worthwhile effort to build excitement and anxiety for tomorrow. It also is interesting to note several other SEC teams- of course- are projected, but the two regular season opponents in our Regional- noles and Dolphins- are the only non-conference teams on the Gator schedule that make the 64. Notably no scUM listed. (After I typed that, I went back and double checked because I rememberd that some people call them Miami.)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1