Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

FCS Championship Game today at 2!

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by manigordo, Jan 7, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. manigordo

manigordo GC Hall of Fame

I don't understand your post at all. It is small college football. Of course there is a smaller audience. Jeez.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. ocalaman

ocalaman GC Hall of Fame

Jun 30, 2018
    I love watching the FCS playoffs and have been doing so since games started to be televised. And I always pull for Montana and Montana State. My wife and I have been to Missoula and Bozeman several times and been to both schools and stadiums. South Dakota State is becoming the new North Dakota State in building a dynasty. 2 years in a row as FCS champs.

• Like Like x 2
  3. duggers_dad

duggers_dad GC Hall of Fame

Jan 5, 2022
    Love the Interior West, especially South Dakota. SDSU has a spanking new football stadium and a newly renovated basketball arena. The program is going and glowing.

4. paidinfull

paidinfull GC Hall of Fame

Feb 22, 2017
    Looks the same to me, just with lower quality players. They still get nil deals and the league is still dominated by a couple of teams.

5. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    Commentators venturing that SDSU would be a top-25 FBS team.

6. 62gator

62gator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Tampa, FL
    South Dakota State 23
    Montana 3

Congratulations to 15-0 FCSNC SDSU.

They open @ Oklahoma State next season.

A 3 hour game, what a concept.

• Like Like x 1
  7. TWGator

TWGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Viera, FL
    How cool would it be to have a Championship Saturday, with this game first and then Michigan -Washington at 6 or 7?? But, nope, gotta wait until Monday night and miss most of the game because I, like a lot of Americans, have work early the next morning....

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. manigordo

I see your point, but disagree that it looks the same. What you may be missing is that you have vastly more players who play for the love of the game than to get into the league, much less emphasis on NIL and a LOT of kids who "play for their team."
    But that's just me...or maybe a few others. At the very least it is another football game before the drought!

Last edited: Jan 7, 2024
    • Like Like x 3
  9. ocalaman

ocalaman GC Hall of Fame

Jun 30, 2018
    There are a lot of FCS players on NFL rosters. Just not as many as from the big boys, of course, but they're not all inferior players. And still fun football to watch, IMO.

10. kalaniocc

kalaniocc GC Hall of Fame

I actually visited Brookings in 2003 and it was the smallest podunky town with the smallest university I'd ever seen!

11. paidinfull

paidinfull GC Hall of Fame

Feb 22, 2017
    I don’t disagree.

12. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    Well, the population of the entire state is just over 900,000.

13. ocalaman

ocalaman GC Hall of Fame

Jun 30, 2018
    More and more Californians moving to Montana, just like they've done to Colorado - much to the detriment of both states, IMO.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. 96Gatorcise

96Gatorcise GC Hall of Fame

Aug 6, 2008
    Tampa
    You claimed it is "real" college football. The type of football fans want to watch. Because many distain P5 football today. If this were true the game would get better viewing numbers even being small college football. Because it's the love of game fans want to watch. But the numbers don't bare that out.

15. Gatorologist

Gatorologist GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I'll watch the Div. 1AA, 2 playoffs before I'll watch most bowl games.

No BS, players digging deep, it means something etc.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    At last check, with the possible exception of Texas, people moving fro blue states to red states are conservatives. And I believe the reverse is true of red staters moving to blue states.

But SD is going, glowing and growing for sure.

17. manigordo

Maybe you missed all of the threads lamenting the changes these past months. Where did I say, "Most people disdain P5 football." They disdain the several moves towards semi-pro ball. Which is what I said while offering the FCS Championship to others. Don't put words in my mouth. I was simply trying to be helpful.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    Watching Interior West schools, late Saturday nights, has been salve for the soul for this (slightly) suffering Gator fan.

I discovered Josh Allen watching
    Wyoming games.

19. partdopy

partdopy GC Hall of Fame

Feb 1, 2012
    Number of viewers doesn't mean anything.

The average person doesn't know a thing about sports other than points and flash. FCS is more about college football and student athletes, traditions, etc... whereas FBS is about who can have the shiniest team. Just look at the Heisman winners. College footballs biggest award used to be for the players that best 'epitomize great ability combined with diligence, perseverance, and hard work.'. Currently it's for a QB who scores a lot and looks good. That's the sport in a nutshell.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. kalaniocc

kalaniocc GC Hall of Fame

yeah and they are driving up the real estate prices. we wanted to move to the flathead valley (whitefish area) but decided to wait after our second kid. prices were so much better back then, everything has exploded now.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.