Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

FBI Executed a Warrant at Mar a Lago; the Investigation Continues

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by duchen, Aug 8, 2022.

1. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    I’m sorry, but how do you get to that whataboutism? I’m talking about the governor that we have now seen DeSantis become. It’s an entirely different question to who I voted for.

• Like Like x 1
  2. coleg

coleg GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2011
    We get to play "false assumptions today" Oh boy, I suppose you would have preferred ...... Ted Bundy. Come on, be better.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  3. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    We'll find out. Here's the latest from late July. Trump is the one that politicized the DOJ, as Eric has admitted as such. So I understand why you might think every President would do the same.

4. dangolegators

dangolegators GC Hall of Fame

Apr 26, 2007
    You are confused. If we were a dictatorship, Trump would still be president. We had an election. Trump lost. Then Trump tried to stay in power anyway. But we're not a dictatorship so he couldn't.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  5. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Donald Trump removed documents that were illegal to remove and transported and stored them improperly. The national archives informed him of this in May 2021. He slow walked them until they showed up in January 2022 and gained possession of some of those documents, but not all of them. They then turned the matter over to the DOJ. In May/June they met with him again to tell him to turn over the documents and formed a grand jury. This month, they received a warrant from the court as they had probable cause to believe that he committed a crime. At that point, they executed a legally obtained search warrant on his residence and removed documents.

That isn't how things work in Communist Dictatorships. That is how things work for the privileged in the US. If he wasn't privileged, this would have happened almost a year ago, as the archives would have turned it over as soon as he slow walked them and the DOJ wouldn't have given him so many opportunities to comply.

But you believe there are people for whom the law should protect and not bind and those for whom the law should bind but not protect, and you classify Trump as the first. So here you are.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    In summation boys and girls, if you don't want the feds barging in, be more like @AzCatFan and be less like Donald Trump.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    If any of the rest of us had classified documents in our homes and refused to return them, we would already be in jail. Yet he is the most persecuted man in the history of the world. smdh.

8. Gator515151

Gator515151 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 4, 2007
    [​IMG]

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    One of the biggest bully I’ve seen in my lifetime, and when something negative pops up, he’s always the victim. Always. Every single time.

• Agree Agree x 5
  10. philnotfil

philnotfil GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    The ur-snowflake

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Trickster

Trickster VIP Member

Sep 20, 2014
    Whether to bring charges is problematic. This was discussed in another thread, but I thought it worthwhile to post this:
    Merrick Garland’s impossible choice: Whether or not to prosecute Donald Trump
    I despise Trump and all he and his sheep stand for, but I'm very ambivalent about prosecuting him for his crimes against the country. On the one hand, his conduct was so unprecedented and outrageous that it must be prosecuted. On the other, it will further divide the country. His sheep would never accept the inevitable guilty verdict and would riot all across America.

But, would not prosecuting him unite us? Personally, I think we're too far gone.

12. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    You are obsessed with hunter. Odd.

13. Trickster

Trickster VIP Member

Sep 20, 2014
    Good lord, man, It's exactly the opposite! The Jack boots are Trump and his sheep. That you won't/can't/refuse to see that is simply astonishing.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. RIP

RIP I like touchdowns Premium Member

Feb 2, 2015
    My experience brings balance to yours. I know an absolute shit ton of pubs that KNOW it was stolen.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. FutureGatorMom

FutureGatorMom Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    I wasn’t confused. Were you? No one is confused. That’s a BS line that was put out there by people who don’t understand.

16. pkaib01

pkaib01 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    All of your hysterics aside, the fact you are upset about the search warrant without knowing the probable cause indicates you would be okay if trump did, indeed, break the law.

So is trump above the law?

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. pkaib01

pkaib01 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. FutureGatorMom

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    The Sentinel published a week long investigative report about the schools. Most so called teachers at these schools did not even go to college or were not certified. They are not held accountable for that or testing. I’m at a restaurant right now, but I’ll get that link. It was the Orlando paper so it might be behind a pay wall.

• Informative Informative x 2
  20. FutureGatorMom

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida