Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

FBI Executed a Warrant at Mar a Lago; the Investigation Continues

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by duchen, Aug 8, 2022.

1. vaxcardinal

vaxcardinal GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I don’t think the big issue was the mixing of personal and business email. It was the fact that she had classified emails

2. philnotfil

philnotfil GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Since Last Year, CIA Lost Record Number Of Human Assets. Why?

Captured, Killed or Compromised: C.I.A. Admits to Losing Dozens of Informants
    Counterintelligence officials said in a top secret cable to all stations and bases around the world that too many of the people it recruits from other countries to spy for the U.S. are being lost.

That was the headline in the New York Times in October 2021. The following day, this appeared in the UK Times:

Is a super-mole betraying the CIA’s spies?

Dozens of agents have vanished but intelligence chiefs would far rather blame it on tech wizardry than plain treachery
    And this week:

Classified Material on Human Intelligence Sources Helped Trigger Alarm

Documents related to the work of clandestine sources are some of the most sensitive and protected in the government. F.B.I. agents found some in boxes retrieved from Donald J. Trump’s home.

• Winner Winner x 3
  3. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    This is unwarranted speculation.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. philnotfil

Apr 8, 2007
    Do you remember in 2017 when we extracted a source from Russia because the intelligence community was concerned Trump had revealed information that could identify them?

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  5. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    Clinton had every right to “have” classified communications as Secretary of State! The problem was they were mishandled through a server that was not properly secured to handle classified materials. By all accounts this was unintentional. A serious issue, but definitely overhyped by partisans hoping to push a criminal angle or score a political blow against Clinton for 2016.

Still, it’s a far cry from hoarding a stash of top secret or TS/SCIF documents in physical form. These are the highest level of classification! Apples vs oranges to Clinton. The evidence against Clinton showed 3 documents with classification markers. These were 3 that fell through the cracks and were recovered off the server.

The “whataboutism” to Clinton just don’t hold up. It’s actually a ludicrous comparison based on the volume of documents and their classification levels. 3 classified emails vs 300+. Trumps crime is literally 100x worse, but when you consider the higher levels of classification and Trumps subsequent actions it gets far worse even than that. Trumps actions are so egregious you have to question his intent with the documents and whether he really is a traitor to the country. Actual treason I think is on the table with this, not “hyperbole” treason, actual treason. If he planned to sell or profit off these stashed documents there is no other way to look at this. To be clear there is not yet evidence of “intent”, but it’s hard not to consider transacting with them as a strong possibility.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  6. pkaib01

pkaib01 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    I still can’t wrap my hands around the fact that she is even entertaining a substantive motion. If I filed such a motion for a client other than Trump, I’d be rebuked faster than Dad introduces a new alt-right post about “Bad Libbie.”

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    . Exactly. A civil injunction affecting two criminal proceedings.
    Judge Cannon should have transferred the case to the duty judge who oversees Reinhardt. The government has told her very softly that she is out of line, but she has missed it. Her exercise of civil jurisdiction is interfering with the administration of the warrant by the Judge who has it and a grand jury presided over by a Judge in DC. I would not be surprised to see the DOJ take this up, and fast, if she orders a master. The appointment of a master could have been accomplished by motion practice in the criminal search case directed to the District Judge.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. pkaib01

pkaib01 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Oh good lord... empty classified folders. What a mess for the DNI.

• Informative Informative x 5
  10. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007

Wow.

Things will get real in a hurry if they find these documents were transacted or given to foreign governments. I would assume the docs themselves are long gone, but it is interesting to me the DOJ obviously had someone tipping them off to the movements of these boxes.

Where are the “lock her up” people on this? It’s truly mind boggling. The old adage is every accusation Trump brings about his enemies is a confession. The crazy thing with these classified documents is Trump chose to do this years AFTER all the lock her up nonsense. So it wasn’t even a “confession” at the time. I guess it just planted some seeds in his mind for what was possible.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2022
  11. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    OMG. I guess they have to try to match those folders to what was in them. I wonder if they have tracking to match them up and assess what is missing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Anyway, there is the defense: not illegal to possess the folders. Just the docs.

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. pkaib01

pkaib01 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Yeah... that's the mess I was referring to.

I don't think the folders have tracking numbers. I also don't know if forensics can identify the missing contents beyond the coversheet (which at least has the document classification).

Fingerprinting the non-empty and empty folders is going to be interesting.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  14. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    thank you for posting this. this has not been discussed enough in this thread or by the press

• Like Like x 1
  15. StrangeGator

StrangeGator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Chicago
    Fingerprinting the most sensitive docs could be very interesting.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    which part?

loss of assets at record levels?

suspicion of compromised human intel asset data?

fact that DT has files with human intel info in unsecured areas?

17. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    prosecution of anybody found with prints on files they were not authorized to view will be interesting. It will certainly give DOJ leverage to encourage cooperation

18. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    sorry, but it wasn't unintentional, and Obama knew she was running a private server even after permission had been denied

missing from the Hillary discussion is when the WH computer systems were compromised and the source of the infiltration was the state department, the same state department that was routinely communicating with Hillary unsecured server.

Agreed that the two are not comparable as the top secret scif documents were never shown to ahve been communicated to Hillary. That said, Hillary should have been prosecuted and forced to turn over the server before it was wiped. A special master should have been appointed to help determine what was or was not personal.

Think about it, Hillary gets prosecuted, no longer potus candidate, we likely avoid DT.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  19. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. philnotfil

Apr 8, 2007
    It is certainly speculation, but the dots do line up.

• Agree Agree x 2