Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

FBI Executed a Warrant at Mar a Lago; the Investigation Continues

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by duchen, Aug 8, 2022.

1. gatorjnyc

gatorjnyc VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    That's what I thought too, until I heard it on the news. This isn't a federal charge so it's more likely than not.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Probably just getting cynical. It seems too many of these type either skate or get treatment that us mere mortals would never get.

3. back2back2006

back2back2006 GC Legend

Mar 1, 2017
    Shallotte, NC
    Speaking of the FBI, here are some tips for the conservatives on here to prevent the FBI from Article 4ing you and your family.

4. tegator80

tegator80 GC Hall of Fame

May 29, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    If I may opine (really philosophize), I have no problem with Pelosi being the representative for a bunch of silly, rich folk who were born mainly with a silver spoon in their mouths. If she is their choice to do their business in DC, why is it MY problem? This is EXACTLY the same way with Cheney.

And to these two, if Pelosi's group does not have enough functioning brains to realize that she is a pox on the national and even worldwide stage of politics and they need to have the courage to move on to Plan B or C, well that is a collection of stupid people who are too stupid for their own good. Kind of a pity. Not that is a tragedy for the national/world stage (that is another topic) but rather they don't have the skill to know that the only way a representative government works is that we voters do OUR job. And as of right now, we just don't in enough ways. Too distracted - or worse - to do the correct work.

Tip O'Neal famously said, "All politics is local", meaning without local support and focus, you do not have the basis for doing the "noble stuff." I helped give Eric Cantor his retirement papers because he forgot this fundamental.

Liz forgot this. And now, she is going to start the "RINO Party" and get LOTS of support from the MSM and the Democrats. Kind of like Norvell getting LOTS of support from us Gator faithful. Maybe it isn't quite what it appears on the surface.

You may add addendums to this or accept it outright. But if you give us a "but Trump!" retort, well then please just ignore me from now on. I prefer to get the country back on track and have no use for any soccer fans cheering on their team.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Off-topic Off-topic x 1
  5. tegator80

May 29, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    Geez Louiz, I know football games can and do revolve on the bounce of the ball on a play or two, but we are talking about a single game's outcome and not the success of a program or the sanctity of the game of football (ie, not corruptible). Wanting FSU to lose a game is one thing. Cheering because the refs are making obviously incorrect calls during the game to change the outcome is quite another (call it "Swindle in the Swamp, reversed"). No one, and mean NO ONE, should be cheering this because of the hate for FSU. Everyone should be "pro-sports competition" focused and "anti-sports competition and corruption" embracing way more than a FSU hating gene. WAY MORE.

Guys and gals, this is a Battle Royal of grand proportions. This isn't your FSU losing (or winning:)) a game, this is about the corruption of the football competition and sports in general. Simple analogy speaking, either Deshaun Watson (not a nice person) has been found guilty of stealing defensive signals via his DC on the sidelines based on real thievery and paying off the refs to look in a different direction, or it is blatantly a collection of refs who have decided that the game is too "affected" and are unilaterally changing the game "for its own betterment", regardless of the consequences, planned or unforeseen. Or even like the owners in "Rollerball" who decide someone has gotten too big for their own good.

This post, while no doubt an attempt to reason the nuances of a football bouncing on the ground, is missing THE salient point: if things were going well, the bounce of the ball in a game can NOT corrupt the sport of football. EVER. This case is HUGE. We will either find out how truly stupid/corrupt Trump has been and this is the culmination of an effort to get him caught or this is a blatant attempt to re-write the US Constitution. There really isn't any more nuance than this.

Hate FSU (ie, Trump) all you want. But if you think you are going to get justice by corrupting the game of football to get there, you are wrong. And we aren't talking about sports competition, we are talking about the most powerful country in the world (and likely history) being no longer what built it. And everyone should be VERY concerned. I know I am.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2022
    • Off-topic Off-topic x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  6. pkaib01

pkaib01 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I am truly speechless. If that was your goal, congrats!

7. tegator80

May 29, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    So, how IS your soccer team doing? Are you having fun in your stadium throwing punches at the opponents? Have you decided that knives and chains are within reason yet?

Am I bothering you because you have to watch the next "Cat's Got Talent" video on YouTube?

You may stop posting to (and reading) my posts because you have all you need: righteousness and YouTube videos. Good for you.

Sucks for our country. And BTW, this isn't an engagement to you, it is for the folks who decide to educate themselves (or are fence-sitters) and peruse Too Hot. I want them to realize that their instincts are mainly correct (if not completely). You? I feel sorry for you. I truly do.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Off-topic Off-topic x 1
  8. pkaib01

pkaib01 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Still speechless.

9. pkaib01

pkaib01 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I've never seen someone go off the reservation over place of prosecution discourse.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. danmanne65

danmanne65 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 2, 2022
    DeLand
    Or until they write their books.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. pkaib01

pkaib01 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I recall Manafort had trials in both Eastern Virginia and DC districts as a result of output from the Mueller investigation (Rule 18 FRCP). Of course, those were the prosecutions.

I don't know if the feds take the multiple potential venues into account when packaging evidence from a search.

12. philnotfil

philnotfil GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    If this is a blatant attempt to re-write the US Constitution, what evidence would we expect to find to support this hypothesis?

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. gatorjnyc

gatorjnyc VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Don't disagree. Guess we'll see what happens.

• Like Like x 1
  14. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Raising an interesting question, what would they prioritize monetizing their relationship with Trump by writing books or their health and safety since making their identities public would be the equivalent to putting targets on their backs considering that a relatively significant percentage of members of the Cult of the Donald are both fanatical and armed?

Last edited: Aug 20, 2022
  15. pkaib01

pkaib01 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    When you have too many people making excuses.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  16. GatorNorth

GatorNorth Premium Member Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Atlanta
    Seriously?

I think a former POTUS try to overturn a lawful election by putting forth false slates of electors, hacking voting machines in multiple states, perpetuating lies about election fraud and retaining numerous confidential and top secret documents after failing to give them back when asked or in response to a lawfully issued subpoena (after having his lawyer sign a demonstrably false certification that they'd all been returned), and ultimately claim they were either planted by the FBI or previously declassified (huh, were they there or not?) with no proof of either is far worse for this country than the FBI executing a document search pursuant to a court ordered search warrant and entering FSU's campus.

But what do I know?

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    Yeah, but you probably thought the moon landing was real too.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. BossaGator

BossaGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    Arlington, VA
    I’ll take “Tortured Analogies” for $1000, ghost of Alex.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. demosthenes

demosthenes Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    “We will either find out how truly stupid/corrupt Trump has been and this is the culmination of an effort to get him caught or this is a blatant attempt to re-write the US Constitution. There really isn't any more nuance than this.​

Hate FSU (ie, Trump) all you want. But if you think you are going to get justice by corrupting the game of football to getthere, you are wrong.”​

Your post is threadbare of both fact and reason. Assuming only two possible outcomes? Assuming an investigation is “corrupting the game”? Some odd takes on the situation.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. back2back2006

back2back2006 GC Legend

Mar 1, 2017
    Shallotte, NC
    Considering Trump's 4th Amendment right was violated by the partisan FBI and DOJ,. he is suing them to the Stone Age and if it makes it to the Supreme Court he will win against the libs...again and again and again and again.

• Funny Funny x 4