Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Fauci Resigns

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by gatormonk, Aug 22, 2022.

1. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    If you want to talk Christianity we can do that. But we have to start knowing you likely view life completely differently. I presume/assume you have a Supremacy of Man view of things. That is a huge factor. and there is nothing wrong with you having that perspective. But it makes a big difference in understanding where each of us are coming from.

With that said…DeSantis was not bullying fauci. Get out of here with that nonsense. A public figure took a shot at a public figure. A public figure that has ignored science and caused generational damage. So yes…get facui as far away from decision making as possible.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    Stop with this nonsense hysteria.

3. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Yeah, you can assume all you want about my perspectives, but the reality is that you are happy to cheer on cruelty as long as you think it benefits you.

And of course it is bullying. It wasn't a substantive criticism. Calling somebody an elf and talking about throwing them is not substantive. It is meant to belittle somebody and act like a tough guy while doing so. You just are a supporter of bullying people you don't like, which is why you are justifying it. Being a public figure in no way means that a person can't be bullied.

BTW, if I were to test your knowledge of public health and Fauci's knowledge of public health with something like a comprehensive exam, where you have to cite actual scientific literature and put together cogent arguments based upon them and have them graded by experts in the field, I'd bet pretty hard on him. I doubt you have even the table stakes knowledge to discuss the science of viral contagion and the literature on policy responses to such things.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  4. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    The irony of your position…

Par for the course though.

5. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Yeah, you got nothing. Par for the course. Keep supporting bullies and keep framing things in your mind so you don't have to recognize that is what you are doing and who you are right now.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    You keep blindly following bad science and deflecting by trying to “bully” (since you want to play play these childish games) others into silence.

It is a cute effort for sure.

7. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Pointing out that you don't have a background in the area where you are trying to claim superior knowledge to experts is not bullying. I didn't call you a name or threaten violence against you. I made a substantive criticism of your position based upon your lack of background making your criticism less believable.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    If you do not understand that fauci ignored natural immunity. Supported lockdowns. Baselessly pushed masks when it defined him. I can’t help you.

If your panties are going to get in a wad and try to silence another over a public figure metaphorically calling to get a public figure as far from decision making on healthcare as possible due to his record on handling the pandemic. That is on you. I agree that fauci needs to be as far away from decision making on public health as possible now. He has done enough damage.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Yeah, he did no such thing. You just don't like that he doesn't view it in the same way that you do because he actually knows the scientific literature of natural immunity and you don't.

The scientific literature would not define what we had here as a lockdown (that is the policy used by China, Turkey, and others, which involves orders to not leave your home except in emergency circumstances). What we had here was a patchwork of policies such as closing jobs, schools, and places of public congregation). There is a scientific literature that has studied the impact of a variety of NPIs on disease spread. Have you read it?

Interestingly, nobody fought masking as a public health measure for SARS. It was only when somebody told them to wear a mask that they fought it. There is a substantial literature backing the mechanism of masking effectiveness.

Who is trying to silence anybody? Pointing out that something is bullying and unethical is not an attempt to silence. If you are comfortable backing bullies, and you seem more than comfortable and in fact seem to like it a lot, that is on you. I'm just going to point it out when you do.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. DawgFanFromAlabam

DawgFanFromAlabam GC Hall of Fame

Apr 18, 2007
    He lost me when he began pushing hydroxychloroquine and ingesting bleach…oh, wait…

• Funny Funny x 4
  11. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Fauci isn't the villain. In the end, history will record the US COVID failures as another Trump disaster. Here are some of Trump's COVID "highlights:"
    • Trump didn't take the virus seriously enough from the start--"It's only 15 cases. It will soon be zero."
    • The failure to accept the WHO COVID test, and instead, create one from scratch, which delayed testing ability
    • The haphazard travel ban that only banned people with Chinese passports from entering. Meanwhile, 7 planes a day were landing in NY from China, with zero testing or isolation policies
    • The promotion of hydroxychloroquine as some sort of miracle cure, despite any scientific evidence it helped
    • The mixed messages on lockdowns coming from the Trump admin. Remember "Liberate Michigan?"
    • Trump himself not following guidelines, including not wearing a mask in public for more than 100 days after the CDC said everyone should
    • UV light and bleach
    • Nearly a quarter million US citizens dead from COVID, and Trump's response, "It is what it is."
    There are plenty of more examples. These are just off the top of my head.

There is no winning in a pandemic. Only minimizing losses. Especially with a novel virus that we have little to no information. What should have happened is leadership, from Trump down, following the Pandemic Playbook left by previous administrations. But Trump thinks he knows everything about everything, and ignored it. That's on Trump, not Fauci.

• Agree x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
  12. tampajack1

tampajack1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Back it up. What did he say that he didn’t retract? Also, at a time when no one knew what to make of COVID-19, he was surprisingly accurate in his predictions as to when there would be breakouts.

13. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    Your so cute.

All upset that a public figure used a metaphor about another public figure.

When you get your panties in a wad about some of the stuff said around here…I might take you seriously on this.

Until then. DeSantis is correct that we need fauci as far from Washington and those making decisions on public health policy.

14. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Always fascinating to me when people define their morals from a purely comparative standpoint (I'll only be moral if you do it first!). Of course, the same people would tell you that morals aren't relative.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    All I said is I will take you more seriously on this when you start getting all upset about some of the stuff that is posted about others/trump/desantis/etc…

Just not going to pay much attention to you crying about a public figure calling out a public figure and trying to call me out for agreeing with the idea of the metaphor.

It defines your weak argument. But it is cute that you think you somehow made a point.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Yeah, deep metaphors there. Calling somebody an elf because they are 2 inches shorter than you and disagreed with you...substantive stuff. But we all know why you like that sort of a thing. And we also know you will try to obfuscate why you do.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    Your faux outrage is cute!

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Who said I was outraged? Just pointing it out. This is the level of people that we are dealing with. Rather than cite studies and discuss the substantive points, they are happier calling him an elf and physically threatening him from behind their security, while their supporters cheer it on because that is who they are. And you have demonstrated that, so you have played your role in our demonstration. Good job!

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    He/she full of ignorance

20. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    LOL!

DeSantis is the Gold Standard for following the science through this. No one was going to be perfect. Unlike fauci...DeSantis did seek the data and information necessary to make decisions and has made the right one far more than the wrong one. Thank goodness he only kept our schools closed through the spring of the 2020 school year (we should have reopened in the Spring over the joke of distance learning) and reopened in the Fall of 2020. The damage in Florida will be far less in the long run thanks to DeSantis and those who provided the data for him to make decisions based off of.

The only thing you have shown is your faux outrage for DeSantis and attempt to bring me into it. When you start showing your outrage for what others on too hot call DeSantis/trump/others...I might actually think you are genuine and serious about the matter.

I agree with the point DeSantis made. We need fauci as far from public health policy as possible.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1