Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Fauci Resigns

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by gatormonk, Aug 22, 2022.

1. StrangeGator

StrangeGator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Chicago
    I'll avoid any discussion about Fauci and the pandemic and only say that a governor has no business belittling another public servant. There is no excuse for it. I knew DeSantis was a gargantuan asshole but he just out-assholed himself. What are young people supposed to think about behavior like that? What should their parents say.

At the risk of being banned, I'll add that anybody who praises behavior like that is also an asshole.

• Winner x 6
    • Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Wish I would have said that x 1
  2. philnotfil

philnotfil GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I like my gold standards to do better than average.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    and they are Christians, morally superior you know

4. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    Is that your nice way of calling me an asshole?

LOL!

I am sure @mdgator05 approves. o_O:D

5. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    Well fauci is in the bad category and DeSantis is in the superior.

Thank goodness we were not following the damaging policies that kept so many down and sett them back.

6. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    Who has said anyone is morally superior?

7. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Do you think that people should insult and demean those with differing opinions? Is that what they teach at your church?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. philnotfil

Apr 8, 2007
    We had more people die per capita than California (even when you adjust for age, we get a little closer to California, but they still did better). And this is what you want to celebrate? The gold standard would be states like Utah, or Washington, or Oregon, states that had half our per capita deaths. Those would be gold standards.

9. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    This was a great post, but I think we should all understand that when the alluded-to poster received such a comment, that for them . . . "it moved." We should give them no such satisfaction and I'll leave it at that.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    I think discussing on a political message board public figures taking shots at public figures has nothing to do with what goes on at Church the vast majority of the time. If there is a seriousness to the situation with regards to the Church it would be a completely different situation. This was a shot taken at me to try and shut me down. DeSantis using a metaphor had nothing to do with the Church. But you all want to make it that to deflect from the reality that his metaphor was correct. We do not want or need fauci anywhere near public health decisions. He has done enough damage already!

11. swampbabe

swampbabe GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Viera, FL
    DeSantis gold standard? More like pyrite

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    Based on demographics Florida is the second oldest state. We killed it (no pun intended) when it comes to navigating this disease considering the risk gradient. And that is just looking at it with tunnel vision like you are doing.

When you consider the fact we did not shut kids out of school like other states. And shut businesses down like other states. We caused far less damage in the grand scheme there as well.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2022
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. philnotfil

Apr 8, 2007
    Age-adjusted California still did better than us.

If you want to look for states who did a great job navigating this disease, check out places like Utah and Washington, they had half our per capita deaths. That is what the gold standard does.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    Just stop. Florida not only did fantastic as a whole when it comes to directly dealing with who the disease kills. It also looked at the big picture. The reality kids need to be in school. The reality people (It was evil to put kids in masks) need to see faces (masks are a complete joke when it comes to Covid as well).

We shut down for longer than we should have. Yet we are the Hold Standard for leading people to realize how bad the lockdown policies were. We have done generational harm. Thankfully Florida will not feel the indirect damage done like so many other states will.

Time to let fauci and his tunnel vision go. Doctors with tunnel vision are dangerous and cause real damage. As we have witnessed.

• Creative Creative x 1
  15. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Is it Christian to insult and belittle those you disagree with? Simple question, yes or no?

16. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    This is too hot, facts are not welcome here. Stick to emotions and propaganda only please. :)

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
  17. HeyItsMe

HeyItsMe GC Hall of Fame

Mar 7, 2009
    Lol at people need to see faces. I worked retail for many years, people are assholes and I’ll gladly take not having to see their faces on a regular basis. This has been another hysteria drum beaten by the right wing during the pandemic. “Don’t wear masks and protect your fellow neighbor who may be immunocompromised because I need to see your face!”

Last edited: Aug 26, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  18. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    Trying to equate a public figure using a metaphor to describe what should happen to a public figure who has caused generational damage to being Christian just does not appear to be of topic.

Do you think calling Ron DeSantis "Deathsantis" is Christian? Do you think the demeaning those who voted for trump as crazy is Christian. I don't think that is of topic either. Yet we see plenty of that aimed directly at people here. Compared to a political speech metaphor.

19. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    Masks are a complete joke. If you want to wear one. Go for it. If it is not a N95/KN95 you are doing nothing but virtue signaling. Forcing kids to wear them in school is evil and damaging. They need to see faces for growth and development.

Most understand it was just propaganda at this point. People wanting to feel like they were doing something. Along with virtue signaling. The immunocompromised who understand risk will still be wearing a N95 like they did before this disease. The rest...

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  20. g8trjax

g8trjax GC Hall of Fame

Jun 1, 2007
    DC still not giving it up...gotta get an A for covid virtue signaling and monkey pox!?!. :emoji_joy:

Georgetown University Mandates Masks for Students During In-Class Instruction
    August 26, 2022

Georgetown University will require its students to continue wearing masks during in-class instruction this fall amid lingering cases of COVID-19 and nationwide monkeypox outbreaks.

The school said Wednesday that the mask mandate applies to students in classrooms and teaching laboratories and does not apply to “informal gatherings” at places such as libraries and study spaces. Students heading into the third fall term since the pandemic must mask up on university-sponsored public transportation and in university health care facilities.

Unless they have an authorized medical or religious exemption, students, faculty, staff, and visitors to Georgetown also must have received a primary series of COVID-19 vaccinations.

Georgetown University mandates masks for students during in-class instruction amid COVID-19 cases

• Like Like x 1