Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Etienne should go to Colorado

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by beachgator23, Dec 14, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThomasD89

ThomasD89 GC Legend

Oct 9, 2011
    The worst part about it is he looked like he was actually trying.

• Funny Funny x 5
  2. spike718

spike718 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Lots of people really piling on the ETN can’t pass block wagon. So he isn’t a great pass blocker. Rarely did we bash him for that while he led UF in touchdowns this year. I get the angst with him leaving for a rival but man…tough crowd.

he leaves, he is the worst pass blocker in college football history. It was so bad it outshines his running and receiving skills. never in human history was his inability to pass block been seen before. lol.

He will get a chance in the NFL and be able to spend 24 hours a day (which coaches cannot do in college) being coached up and may succeed and he may not. He wouldn’t be the first back to not be able to pass block in college become a solid in pass protection in the nfl. Or he may not. I don’t really care.

But I do hope Georgia sucks next year. Regardless of whether or not ETN plays for them.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. antny1

antny1 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2019
    I see some coping by fans for sure. He's a talented runner. But pointing out his blocking issues is pertinent in that it may explain why he didn't get the carries he and his family felt he deserved. I noticed his whiffs here and there during the season but I didn't pay attention to just how much it hurt us then because his good plays made me forget it. In hindsight it probably has more to do with him leaving and going to a rival than just our record. Again, he had a hand in wins but he also hand a hand in the losses as well.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  4. kryptonite

kryptonite GC Hall of Fame

Dec 12, 2008
    Those are things Napier did. You can only disguise your defense so much for bad blocking. The defenses we faced accounted for that, and Mertz often rolled into pressure by designs made to get the ball out fast. A qb just has to have 2-
    He has been called out in these forums for poor blocking last year. This isn't all just sour grapes. Many of his attempts are cringe-worthy.

• Like Like x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  5. murphree_hall

murphree_hall VIP Member

Jul 11, 2019
    Yup. I don’t notice details in football like I do in basketball due to inexperience, but I didn’t specifically notice consistently bad pass blocking by ETN. I remember all RBs and lineman whiffing on blocks from time to time. I’ll take the experts word on pass blocking ineptitude, but I have to say from my casual eye, his running talent superseded any blocking deficiencies.

• Like Like x 1
  6. pd_gator

pd_gator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 6, 2013
    Florida
    And hope they get drafted by their measurements & combine. Off topic, I wonder how some NFL GM's have jobs? Draft me the guy that's gone to war with his teammates over someone that is a combine guy. ESPECIALLY at QB.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. antny1

antny1 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2019
    I mean it does and it doesn't. A few of those clips resulted in drive killing plays. Maybe it doesn't matter as much with a team that has a better offensive line but I'm not sure it outweighs the negatives when we struggled on the offensive line already.

That brings up an interesting point. People thinking he will lose touches at Georgia may be wrong since they will have a great line most likely and in that situation his running ability will outweigh his blocking liability

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    10 carries a game for a couple years is plenty of film for the NFL

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. SuperMOM

SuperMOM GC Hall of Fame

Jan 31, 2016
    I was talking to a vendor at the Mall of GA today. I said I want to buy up all the UGA stuff and burn it. I was wearing my Gator shirt. He laughed and commented on ETN . I told him, ETN is going to find out the grass ain't always greener and the guy commented that the grass is much greener at Georgia. I told him he was transferring because he's having to split carries and the guy seems to think he's going to get 25 carries a game.

I said congrats on getting Florida's backup RB to come start at UGA.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  10. pd_gator

pd_gator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 6, 2013
    Florida
    Think he'll get that many/gm with 6 RB's to share with? It's possible as I'm honestly not sure of their depth chart.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. SuperMOM

SuperMOM GC Hall of Fame

Jan 31, 2016
    They signed 3 this cycle.

Signed 2 last year and got a transfer from Tenn.
    Signed 2 in the 2022 class.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. pd_gator

pd_gator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 6, 2013
    Florida
    Hmmm, quite a crowded room. Him & Bowens should be roomies as they sure ate up kirbys bullshyt.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    They just want to be on the winning team

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. pd_gator

pd_gator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 6, 2013
    Florida
    Ride the coattails of others in front of you mentality.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Or be a great player amount others, not a leader.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. pd_gator

pd_gator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 6, 2013
    Florida
    Yes!! Followers that can't or won't lead.

17. murphree_hall

murphree_hall VIP Member

Jul 11, 2019
    Hate to say it but right now, the grass is greener on the UGA side in football until further notice. I wouldn't trade places with a UGA fan or alumni, but I have to admit that our programs are in different worlds right now. Who knows... maybe next year is the year things swing back in UF's favor. I think we are some years away from the good guys getting back our position at the top.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. willymayshayes

willymayshayes GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Was out there today as well. Had to return the "UGA Dad" yeti that my daughter got me.

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. SuperMOM

SuperMOM GC Hall of Fame

Jan 31, 2016
    That’s funny, my daughter pointed out that same sticker to me. My car is 11 years old and I still wouldn’t put it on there.

20. ThomasD89

ThomasD89 GC Legend

Oct 9, 2011
    Go where the eyeballs are.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.