Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Elon Cleaning House

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by gatormonk, Oct 27, 2022.

1. okeechobee

okeechobee GC Hall of Fame

Sep 11, 2022
    Or you’re working really hard to make everyone believe it is. Which begs the question why you have to work so hard to prove something that is so obvious? It’s almost like you have marching orders.

2. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    Yea. I’m paid to post on the political board of Gatorcountry by George Soros. He’s taking over one college sports fandom at a time.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Seems like the part of the equation you are missing here is that half their advertisers left ... hence ... more users with less money coming in ... We all know you worship Elon Musk, but let's be honest here, advertising on Twitter doesn't appear to have same appeal as advertising during the Super Bowl ...

4. okeechobee

Sep 11, 2022
    Many of Twitter’s advertisers have come back, including Apple. I mean, if you just need to keep repeating it to yourself so as to not feel a total loss, who am I to judge you? But the guy crashed two rockets and a lot of cars before those companies became a success, so I think he’s earned some leverage to where we should give him more than a few weeks to prove what can be done with Twitter.

5. okeechobee

Sep 11, 2022
    The forum is dedicated to one of the largest and storied universities in the U.S. with tons of influential alumni and donors, along with a high volume of traffic who access it daily. It absolutely would be a target of propaganda dissemination. Curious that you would downplay it in a such a way.

6. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    I see the guy who has posted more than any other poster on this thread to defend the honor of a billionaire who made a series of business mistakes (often nonsensically) is back to accusing long-term members here of being paid by some anti-Elon Musk coalition.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. WC53

WC53 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 17, 2015
    Old City
    How much would said coalition be willing to pay?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  8. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    they came back after they got major discounts to do so. If this chitshow continues, I suspect they will jump ship again

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. duggers_dad

duggers_dad GC Hall of Fame

Jan 5, 2022

10. Sohogator

Sohogator GC Hall of Fame

Aug 22, 2012
    He’s insulting almost all of the posters in this thread. Very nasty! Ban hammer time?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  11. swampspring

swampspring GC Legend

Dec 13, 2009
    Let's be fair, the guy can barely post a link to a gif right. You don't seriously expect him to really know anything about tech do you? He's a fanboy and no one ever wants to see their idol fail. I admire his convictions.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. dangolegators

dangolegators GC Hall of Fame

Apr 26, 2007
    If Adolf Hitler, Mae Tse Tung, and Elon Musk were walking down the street, I'd say 'wow, look at those 3 assholes walking down the street'.

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    Would you invest in a company where the CEO is arbitrarily decided by Twitter users? Insane. Unless it’s a joke.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  14. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    The rumor (grain of salt) is that he was asked by some of the investment funds to find a CEO with proper expertise before they would be willing to invest more.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. docspor

docspor GC Hall of Fame

Nov 30, 2010
    I consider myself a bit of an Elon fanboy, but this weird pursuit of celebrity IMO is not good bidness. I probably can't name 10 CEOs. I think there is a good reason for that. I think twitter can work, but I think it would be good for him to fade out.

16. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    I rarely use Twitter, but I did actually vote yes that he should step down.

1. Because he isn’t doing a particularly good job
    2. More importantly he has far more to offer elsewhere.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Emmitto

Emmitto VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    You have to take all “genius” with the idiocy it typically involves.

I admit I am what some would call a “fanboy.” You can dig up posts of my admiration for his SpaceX and Tesla accomplishments. I still do admire both. SpaceX is indisputably a huge step forward for humanity. That tech is the kind that will filter down to the plebeians eventually, classic NASA style. That’s how a gov baby should work.

Tesla too. He made a lot of the tech public domain. Another long term public benefit. Also a big gov baby.

I also realize he’s never lived a moment when the world wasn’t his plaything. He doesn’t understand that people exist who work harder than him and are actually smarter and also struggle to pay the bills. He can’t reconcile dilemma at that level.

And he is also as dumb as anyone else you know in any number of ways. He is basically down the stupidest of rabbit holes now, so far that he has his own legion of MusQeteers.

Take the good, leave the bad. I say it to my students continuously.

Elon struggles to understand how many numbers are between 0 and 1. And that is basically Twitter. This was doomed from the moment of billionaire powerplay conception.

Even a phony poll is about as dumb as it gets for a $44B purchase. Even if he is covering for a pending change anyway, what a dopey wannabe Jedi mindtrick. It’s for children.

• Like Like x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  18. docspor

docspor GC Hall of Fame

Nov 30, 2010
    I would not "invest" in twitter (directly) no matter what. But, I have not bought an ind stock in 20 years.

19. docspor

docspor GC Hall of Fame

Nov 30, 2010
    who doesn't? are you being coy? there are more numbers between 0 & 1 then there are integers (even though both are infinite!?!?). While not EZ to prove, it is actually EZ to demonstrate which is kinda cool. Cantor stuff is weird AF. 35 years later I recall my first lesson on Cantor & diff magnitudes of infinity delivered by my super smart friend while we were tripping.