Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Elon Cleaning House

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by gatormonk, Oct 27, 2022.

1. Sohogator

Sohogator GC Hall of Fame

Aug 22, 2012
    When it finally goes tits up, they can put “X” marks the spot on the gravestone.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    You put a lot of your own qualifications into a statement that was pretty straightforward to me, that’s all.

3. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    I just read it a certain way. Perhaps the wrong way. Maybe Elon is an antisemite. However I suspect he doesn’t know enough to be an explicit antisemite. Over the past few years he has clearly gone down right wing rabbit holes as he has been chided by liberals. I suspect with him it is all about my team vs your team. I don’t think he has thought through any of this.

All speculation, I know. Whatever the case he has made it clear he is a giant douche, perhaps made worse by his Asperger’s and not really being able to relate to other people.

4. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Far-right conspiracy theorists accused a 22-year-old Jewish man of being a neo-Nazi. Then Elon Musk got involved
    Far-right conspiracy theorists accused a 22-year-old Jewish man of being a neo-Nazi. Then Elon Musk got involved | CNN Business

• Informative Informative x 3
  5. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    I mean, the guy traffics in far-right nonsense, which cant help but to be anti-Semitic because that's just how right-wing nationalism works (the Jews being historically stateless people, and thus excluded from basically every kind of nationalism except the Zionist kind). Whether he is himself or not, it seems like a pretty bad thing to agree with and call "the truth." Its not much different than the kind of stuff Henry Ford was publishing in his newspaper, whether he reviewed or approved every piece or not. Shadowy forces (like the Jews, or wokeness or whatever) working against them always have an appeal to these captains of industry because there is no other way to explain their own failings or market forces working against them in their view. Its not unlike the "deep state" stuff to explain failures of the government when you are in charge of it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    It looks like Elon Musk is really cleaning house at Twitter (now X) although I'm not sure that cleansing the site of advertisers is what the OP had in mind when he started this thread. Maybe I just don't understand the thought process of a genius like Musk considering that advertising is the platform's primary source of revenue.
    More Advertisers Halt Spending on X in Growing Backlash Against Musk

7. rivergator

Apr 8, 2007

8. gatorchamps960608

gatorchamps960608 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 4, 2020
    Elon now helping to promulgate Pizzagate nonsense.

9. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Posted from his Iphone, I bet ... :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Sohogator

Aug 22, 2012
    LOL good luck with that.

11. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    He's released 11 podcast episodes on the Apple Store since posting that ... boycott demands are for YOU and not him ...

The Charlie Kirk Show on Apple Podcasts

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  12. rivergator

Apr 8, 2007
    You scoff about Pizzagate, but it's real. IT 'S REAL!!!

FBI Make Major Announcement: ‘Pizzagate Is Real’

13. Sohogator

Aug 22, 2012
    Elon cracking up. He WANTS to see advertisers leave. Happily they are obliging him. Great job of cleaning house Elon! Love to see the mofo squirm.

Edit I had to use this story so what he really had to say wasn’t in the headline…

Elon Musk to advertisers: Don’t ‘blackmail’ me | CNN Business

edit to add this is ongoing live on cnbc now. As I type it appears someone has hit him with a tranquilizer dart…

edit to add he almost has it right..

Musk then said the boycott is “going to kill the company.”

Last edited: Nov 29, 2023
  14. Sohogator

Aug 22, 2012
    It’s actually an interesting interview (Sorkin is a skilled interviewer). Bad news is he thinks we’re all doomed. AI will be smarter than any human (even those augmented by computers) within 3 years. In other word skynet will become sentient….

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. slocala

slocala VIP Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Musk sounds like he is disconnected from reality. Sorkin is great, but he was not able to control a lunatic.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    Elon says current ad pull back may kill twitter. Finds zero fault with anything he’s done.

‘Go **** Yourself:’ Elon Musk Tells Companies That Have Paused X Ad Buys To Leave

Elon Musk told companies that have paused ad buys on X to “go ****” yourselves, saying an ongoing boycott would likely “kill the company” but the world would judge who was at fault.

“If somebody’s going to try and blackmail me with advertising, blackmail me with money, go **** yourself,” Musk said during the New York Times’ DealBook Summit on Wednesday. “Go. ****. Yourself.”

Musk went on to say the advertising boycott could see X fail, but that it would not be his fault. He declined to answer journalist Andrew Ross Sorkin’s question if he would use his own vast wealth to keep it alive.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. slocala

slocala VIP Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Sorkin’s observation that X has GenAI data for AI training is the real value. X owns all of that user generated material. Musk is playing a long game on copywrite law and AI training.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. enviroGator

enviroGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 12, 2007
    Just saw that.

There is absolutely no better way to get advertisers to return to your dumpster fire platform that telling them to go blank themselves.

Bud light should have tried that on their customers during the boycott.

Pure genius.

19. mrhansduck

mrhansduck GC Hall of Fame

Nov 23, 2021
    I don't know how many shareholders there are, but I have to imagine not all of them are as flippant about the prospect of the company dying as Elon seems to be.

20. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    I saw this yesterday. He has gone full on delusional narcissist ala Trump.