Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Election denier loses election, shoots up rivals homes

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by oragator1, Jan 17, 2023.

1. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

I mean you have one poll and I have one.
    Now... Tell me how he does vs Biden in polling compared to DeSantis?

The GOP leaders are much more interested in THAT line of polling.

DeSantis is beating Biden in several polls. That will matter once it becomes time to actually endorse and act.

Politicicians are frontrunners by nature. They will side with the one who has the best chance to win and this increase their own power.

2. GCNumber7

GCNumber7 VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    So Ron ‘culture wars’ DeSantis polling well is a sign that moderates are taking back the GOP? oook.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Personally, I had a problem with demonstrating in front of Kavanaugh's personal residence but it's still an incredible stretch to suggest that Schumer's support of those demonstrations led to the obviously deranged guy who stalking Kavanaugh. There is still only one party with a number of prominent office holders and candidates who have interpreted the Second Amendment as a vehicle to be used against what they consider a repressive government and there is only one political party whose de facto leader has openly supported armed paramilitary organizations.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  4. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    The equivocation and enabling is disgusting.

5. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Ok, then let’s look at all polls.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/e..._republican_presidential_nomination-7548.html

and it doesn’t matter what DeSantis is doing Vs Biden for the sake of my point, because if he’s not the nominee it won’t matter.

6. tilly

Apples to oranges. He is the anti liberal and y'all hate that.

7. tilly

Protesting in front? There was an thwarted attempt on his life.

8. tilly

It 100% matters, because politicians care about only themselves and they will latch on to the best chance to win. If Desantis keeps polling well against Biden, he will start picking up endorsements.

9. dangolegators

dangolegators GC Hall of Fame

Apr 26, 2007
    The difference is the fringe nuts are running the show in the Republican party.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  10. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    So you're saying the Schumer and the Democrats encouraged the attempt on Kavanaugh's life? Seems to be a quite a stretch to allege that encouraging a peaceful demonstration also encouraged a potentially lethal attack and by the way the attempt was thwarted (fortunately) because the perp had second thoughts and surrendered to law enforcement.

No matter how you spin there are Republican politicians who have promulgated the narrative that the purpose of the Second Amendment is provide a solution of last resort to what some consider an oppressive government.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. tilly

Not denying that. I'm saying their tme will run out

12. tilly

Cmon man. Some on the left call comments like that "dog whistles" all the time here. Its reckless to make such comments tody. For any cause or side.

Because both sides have nut jobs.
    Some shoot up political offices like the OP story...some shoot up softball games and others seek to assassinate SCOTUS judges.

Those nutjobs are looking for any words they can twist.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    We were told Trump would lose Republican support when he bashed POWs, gold star families, sided with Russia over out intelligence, lost the 2020 election, incited arguably the worst riot in US history, had his candidates lose in this midterm, for facing multiple indictments…and where are we?
    Exactly where we’ve been for 6 years, a complete lunatic in charge in every measurable way of the Republican Party, with people continually making excuses for him, ignoring reality to support him, and letting our country go down the crapper in the process.
    But sure, this reason will finally be the ticket we are rid of him, forgive me if I’m not holding my breath.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. gatorchamps960608

gatorchamps960608 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 4, 2020
    The GOP is just as high on their own supply over Ronnie D as they were Trump.

The fact is that Ronnie is an unpleasant little man that hates being challenged and scrutinized and will fold against what comes his way in the primaries let alone a general. Once presidential election voters learn more about him, they will start to hold their noses.

He won't lose as badly as Trump last time, more like a 79M - 75M kind of thing.

15. swampbabe

swampbabe GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Viera, FL
    Speaking for myself only, I hate him because he is an authoritarian asshole that hasn't done anything substantive for the people of this state and he has effectively merged all three branches into one.

In addition, he has wasted, by some accounts, 17 million dollars of state money to defend his blatantly unconstitutional edicts. We have intellectually disabled adults that have been on waiting lists for services for ten years. Pro-life my ass.

Everything is a cultural dogwhistle to racists and fools.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. tilly

You are contradicting yourself. His candidates lost in the midterms BECAUSE he is losing his grip on the party.

17. tilly

Pure partisan opinion on your part.

A republican could raise the dead and some of you would say he is terrible for contributing to overpopulation.

No one on the right loses sleep over partisan whining.

Trump is a whole different story. Many of us hate him for being a... Well... Deplorable.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Not at all…he still leads in all of the party polling for a reason.
    And the reason is that even if his grip goes from 90 to 70 (roughly his current rating in the party last I saw), that might tip swing state open races (and they were still extremely close even with Hobbs), but it’s not going to stop his party nomination. He still largely controls the party, even if it’s not as crazy dominant as it was a few years ago.
    I get that you and many other conservatives would love to write him off and have your party back or be able to say you’re a Republican without being associated with him, but it hasn’t happened yet and isn’t imminent.
    and honestly, republicans deserve this, they allowed his rise, his continued idiocy, defended him at every turn, so it shouldn’t be a shock he’s been insulated.

19. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    No, they won gop nominations for the midterms because he is the leader of the party and LOST in the midterms because people other than trumpist republicans voted.

20. swampbabe

swampbabe GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Viera, FL
    I gave you concrete examples and you chose to ignore them.

Typical.

You’re just as partisan, if not more so, than a lot of posters on this board, so spare me.

• Agree x 4
    • Funny x 2
    • Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner x 1