Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Donald Trump on the Congressional Medal of Honor

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by cocodrilo, Aug 16, 2024.

1. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I think his supporters will donate their money to him, as they usually do, this time so that he can live comfortably in Caracas, Venezuela, which he considers a safe haven from crime and from U.S. courts.

• Like Like x 2
  2. phatGator

phatGator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2007
    Dayton, Ohio
    Trump’s statement is one of the stupidest things he has said. He is his own worst enemy!

One thing I don’t get in our culture, is why in praising one thing do people have to denigrate something else at the same time? He could’ve easily praised that woman and said it is an honor to get that medal, without mentioning the Medal of Honor at all.

Nobody is going to think the civilian medal is a higher honor than someone who went above and beyond the call of duty at the risk of their own life.

For those who might be interested in stories of Medal of Honor awardees, Malcolm Gladwell has a new podcast series called “Medal of Honor.” The stories are fascinating, and the sacrifices almost unfathomable.

• Like Like x 3
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. enviroGator

enviroGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 12, 2007
    Hold on! You go too far.

There is nothing semi about that crew! lol

4. enviroGator

enviroGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 12, 2007
    He thinks anything that pops into his head is the greatest thought anyone has ever had, and he can't wait to share it with his worshipers.

No filter ... from tangent thought to mouth.

It is kind of a gift for an entertainer. But not something I would want in a politician.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  5. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    It's not specific to our culture. I don't remember the poster's handle, but someone on here did an excellent job describing the manifestations of narcissistic personality disorder. The tendency to view thing in strict dichotomies was one of the characteristics frequently displayed by Trumph.

• Like Like x 1
  6. gator_jo

gator_jo All American

Aug 9, 2024
    Don't you mean "about Donald Trump" ?

7. phatGator

Dec 3, 2007
    Dayton, Ohio
    I tend to see those plus/minus comparisons a lot, even here on GC.

8. phatGator

Dec 3, 2007
    Dayton, Ohio
    He definitely does it, which I find irritating, but he is also definitely not alone in doing it.

9. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I read this a little while ago on another board. It says it all.
    • The Medal of Honor is so revered that it's the only decoration specially emblazoned on headstones in Arlington National Cemetery.
    • The Medal of Honor is so revered that when an Active Duty recipient wears it in uniform, it is customary, though not technically required, for all officers, no matter their seniority, to initiate a salute.
    • If a buck sergeant is in uniform and wearing their Medal of Honor, the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff will more than likely salute first.
    • The Medal of Honor is so revered that the children of recipients are guaranteed a nomination to any of the Service Academies. They still must compete for final admission, but the incredibly difficult nomination process is entirely waived for their application.
    • The Medal of Honor is so revered that recipients and their dependents are entitled to special military ID cards for particular privileges at commissaries and priority on military air travel.
    • The Medal of Honor is so revered that every state offers some degree of special license plate for drivers who are recipients.
    • The Medal of Honor is so revered that recipients receive an automatic special pension from the VA that's tacked on to any other pensions, retired or medical, they may have. Adjusted for cost-of-living regularly, it's currently $1671.16 per month.
    • The Medal of Honor is so revered that all living recipients are entitled to an invitation to every presidential inauguration and inaugural ball.
    • The Medal of Honor is so revered that a fragile, cowardly, insecure, and deeply narcissistic piece of shit like Donald Trump can't stand knowing he'll never receive a similar universal respect.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  10. ursidman

ursidman VIP Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bug Tussle NC
    I think trump was scrambling verbally to fluff up Miriam Adelson, who is worth billions, to ensure the money keeps flowing. In doing so, he tried to compare the medal he gave her as thanks for her financial support to the nation’s highest award that is earned in combat only through grave personal sacrifice. It was a monumentally stupid thing to say. But i think he was just looking to fluff up what he did for Adelson. Everything, no matter how sacred, is transactional with him.

• Agree Agree x 7
  11. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007

[​IMG]

12. kygator

kygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I gave you an agree but I don't think it's a gift for an entertainer if almost everything out of your mouth is stupid.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. tampajack1

tampajack1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Because of Trump, the Presidential Medal of Freedom is no longer worth shit. His comparison of it to the Congressional Medal of Honor makes things even worse. Everything this guy touches turns into shit.

• Agree Agree x 7
  14. obgator

obgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    what is he blabbering on about? Is it that hard to make a straight apology?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. channingcrowderhungry

channingcrowderhungry Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    Has he ever apologized for anything? Or even hinted that he made an error or any kind?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. obgator

obgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Just some weird misguided belief that making an apology makes one look weak when it’s quite the opposite.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. channingcrowderhungry

channingcrowderhungry Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    Dude litterally sharpies a hurricane path onto a map rather than admit he made a minor mistake. Deranged

• Agree Agree x 7
  18. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
  19. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    I'm sure he has no idea what he should be apologizing for. To him, being rich and healthy (especially if you're giving him money) is a far bigger and better thing than sacrificing yourself for your country.

20. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    Not in the ways you see them displayed by Trumph. GC posters are amateur narcissists compared with Trumph.