Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Donald Trump on the Congressional Medal of Honor

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by cocodrilo, Aug 16, 2024.

1. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    IOW - you will get all critical when a 24yr dem veteran says something years ago that can be (mis)construed as negative; you will back away from criticism when a pub draft dodger says something despicable about honorable U.S. soldiers. Faulty partisanship

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  2. murphree_hall

murphree_hall VIP Member

Jul 11, 2019
    What’s especially troubling is that this isn’t even a partisan issue like say, abortion or 2A. If Obama had said this I’d be criticizing him.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. docspor

docspor GC Hall of Fame

Nov 30, 2010
    totes Orange Fever.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. rtgator

rtgator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    General Patton died following a car wreck, while serving in Europe at the end of the war, and asked to be buried with his men at Luxembourg American Cemetery. I guess Trump would consider him a "loser" or a "sucker".

Last edited: Aug 16, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 4
  5. docspor

docspor GC Hall of Fame

Nov 30, 2010

Trump is the smallest "man" in the world.

• Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 2
  6. rtgator

rtgator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    FB_IMG_1723423428231.jpg

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. SotaGator

SotaGator Junior

Apr 4, 2014
    Imagine Old Blood and Guts in the same room as DJT ???

8. CaptUSMCNole

CaptUSMCNole Premium Member

May 23, 2007
    NCR
    I reject the premise of your question. I do not post on this board much anymore. The only reason I weighted in on Walz's service record is because it deals with obscure reserve issues that those of us in the reserves deal with and the wider public does not understand.

Once again, if Trump's comments had any impact on what Walz did 20 years ago, I would understand why you would want to drag me into this conversation. Last time I checked, that is the not case.

I do not think the wider public needs a reservist's opinion to judge Trump's offensive comments on the Medal of Honor. I think the public can judge that one their own. Or do you disagree?

As I pointed out in the Walz thread, I am not voting for either ticket.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. gator_jo

gator_jo All American

Aug 9, 2024
    That's what I am talking about. (Repeatedly)

It's not just a matter of supporting the un-American liar Trump. It's a matter of supporting the elected and powerful people who lie for him and empower the cycle of enabling.

It's not acceptable. It's a shameful stain on our nation.

I wish I could buy a beer for folks who I see calling out posters who are trying to peddle the tired line of "I don't support Trump. I just attack his opponents and support his enablers. But see?! I don’t support Trump!"

Bull***t. Sell that crap to the tourists.

10. rtgator

rtgator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Patton would slap this crybaby in the face!

FB_IMG_1632225425700.jpg

11. gator_jo

gator_jo All American

Aug 9, 2024
    Totally disagree. His comments are shameful and disgraceful. Disgusting, as usual.

Your background and service makes yours a voice worth hearing. Even if it may be just a small addition to the discourse.

To not say anything is unacceptable, at this point. To be silent is to be complicit, at this point.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. docspor

docspor GC Hall of Fame

Nov 30, 2010
    I have venmo & can save receipts.

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. Emmitto

Emmitto VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I have my own opinion, and it is firm, but I would love nothing more than to see Vance and Walz battle this out on TV. Maybe I’ll change my opinion via that exchange.

But the idea that I would vote for DJT because of this discussion is beyond the best of science fiction.

Just take it for granted that Walz loses this particular debate. And that means……..DJT???

It is like that RFKJ brain worm without even eating the dog that sleeps on the crunchy couch, or whatever.

14. obgator

obgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    VFW Admonishes Former President for Medal of Honor Remarks

“These asinine comments not only diminish the significance of our nation’s highest award for valor, but also crassly characterizes the sacrifices of those who have risked their lives above and beyond the call of duty.”

“While the Presidential Medal of Freedom maybe our nation’s highest civilian award, the Medal of Honor is more sacred as it represents the gallantry and intrepidity of courageous and selfless service members, often at the cost of grievous wounds and even their lives. It’s because of our Medal of Honor recipients that great Americans like Miriam Adelson have the freedom to live to their fullest potential and make such lasting contributions to our great nation.

We would like to remind Mr. Trump that the 12 times he had the honor of awarding the Medal of Honor as president of the United States, those were heroes not of his own choosing. He bestowed those medals on behalf of Congress, representing all Americans of a grateful nation. We hold the donation of their lives in service to our country in the highest esteem, and so should he”

• Like Like x 3
  15. G8tas

G8tas GC Hall of Fame

Sep 22, 2008
    The Orange Messiah was born without sin and must be protected

16. NavyGator93

NavyGator93 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2015
    Georgia
    Trump could curb stomp a Medal of Honor recipient on national TV and his followers would be fine with that.

• Agree Agree x 5
  17. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    What's ironic is how much Trump sadly diminished the meaning of the Presidential Medal of Freedom by awarding it to the likes of Devin "Cow" Nunes, Gym Jordan and, the worst recipient in the history of the award, Rush "Doctor Shopping Pillhead" Limbaugh. I'm proud of Bill Belichick for refusing to accept the award from Trump after the Jan 6 insurrection he caused.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. NavyGator93

NavyGator93 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2015
    Georgia
    Amazing that any American could support a pos like Trump with all he has said to slander the military. Puts someone like Limbaugh (a world class pos) over someone like Michael Murphy.
    Trump has zero honor and it's amazing the hypocrisy of the people that support him.
    IMG_8783.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. channingcrowderhungry

channingcrowderhungry Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    I didn't realize Belichick turned it down. Went back and read the story. Makes me like Bill even more.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. pkaib01

pkaib01 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1