Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

DeSantis wins in a landslide

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by gatormonk, Nov 8, 2022.

1. gtr2x

gtr2x GC Hall of Fame

Aug 21, 2007
    I dont recall Youngkin's political campaign in Va being anywhere near DeSantis' recent actions, verbal or legislatively. In fact Youngkin shied away from Trump support. Since being elected he has shifted further towards the DeSantis model, but still not really close IMO, but who knows where he ends up.

2. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Interestingly Youngkin was considered a mainstream center-right Republican and was nominated through a party convention because the Republican party leadership in Virginia feared that Amanda Chase, a hardcore Trumper somewhat similar to MTG, Kari Lake and Lauren Boebert would win a party primary and end up losing in the general election. Although not as extreme after he was elected he began governing as DeSantis lite focusing much more cultural issues than he did as a candidate. By the way for people who aren't familiar her Amanda Chase the picture below says it all.
    [​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. rtgator

rtgator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Screenshot_20221115-121209_Google.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. duggers_dad

duggers_dad GC Hall of Fame

Jan 5, 2022
    There was a Red Wave and it hit FL. I’m still shaking my head. DeSantis wins FL by a greater margin than any FL Governor since the Civil War. Democrats hold no statewide seats. And both houses of the state legislature hold supermajorities.