Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

DeSantis passes Trump in latest round of polls...

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by tilly, Dec 7, 2022.

1. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    you left out the communism part. everyone knows that if you don't support trump you are a communist, right?

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    You called Colorado "authoritarian" for protecting gay people with an anti-discrimination law. Is the federal government "authoritarian" for using the Civil Rights Act of 1964 to help end segregation in public accommodations?

3. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    then it would seem that you would have an issue with DeS refusing to expand medicaid to help so many poor, living children in Florida. This is the problem with so many anti-abortion people, they only care about the kid before it is born but once born into what is often terrible circumstances, they are willing to do little to nothing to provide support for the now living, breathing human being. Perhaps we should focus our efforts on helping the oens taht are alive before we spend so much effort on the fetuses that the parents do not want for their own reasons

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
  4. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    Then it would logically follow that the human race should maximize birth and get rid of birth control, Mormon and catholic style, if that is the goal.

How is terminating an early term fetus, with no substantial brain activity, no current consciousness, no prior consciousness, no feeling/pain different than birth control that prevents the formation of potential human life?

5. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

The civil rights act doesnt force content on designers. I have to serve everyone, but I have religious freedom to limit my content. But authoritarians are hoping to end that.

6. tilly

Lol. If you're looking for yet another abortion debate, this ain't the thread.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  7. tilly

No question. You're talking to someone who has spent the last 12 years helping in such ways 9-5 5 days a week.

I think conservatives get an F in this department. But like I said, its a moral numbers game with me.

• Like Like x 1
  8. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Do you think a bakery can hang a "whites only" sign? It's "authoritarian" for the law to prohibit that?

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  9. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    You indicated that abortion is one of your top issues and framed it in a way (“millions of unborn lives”) that suggests debate.

I just wanted to clarify if you think birth control was also causing millions of unborn lives that needed to be saved.

• Off-topic Off-topic x 1
  10. Emmitto

Emmitto VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Why would they ever do that? Winner coming and/or going. Abortion absolutists are also motivated by all the poor kids born into poverty becoming impoverished public school attendees and then poor adults involved in drugs, crime, and government benefits. Fix the root problem and all those other issues vanish too. How are rich people supposed to pass out all the money to each other if they get the whole platform down to that singular plank?

11. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    The religious motivation seems to be that god wants all the souls to be born including souls of early fetuses that have no cognitive function, and government needs to enforce the birth, as God wishes, but once they are born, God washes his hands of the issue and society has no obligations for the welfare and well being of the child.

12. rtgator

rtgator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Agree. Someone threw a sticky substance on my car because it had a Bill Nelson for Senate bumper sticker. So, I don't put bumper stickers on my car anymore.

They can steal my yards signs and throw sticky stuff on my car. But it just makes me more determined to vote them out of office.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. rtgator

rtgator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    What more do we need to know? Final vote counts. That's all that matters.

Rally attendees and boat parades don't get counted on election day.

14. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Yeah, someone needs to look into that. Seems unfair. Maybe a constitutional ballot amendment to make the number of boat parades more important than counting the votes?

• Funny Funny x 4
  15. tilly

No. They cant hang a "straight only or "LGBTQ only" either.

But i could refuse to do a site for the Black Panthers or one saying God hates gays.

I can limit my content. You guys keep using the "whites only" scenario like thats what is happening here and ot is not.

Can a Jewish baker refuse to promote a Muslim event? Yes.

Can a Black butcher refuse to serve kosher meats to Jewish people? Yes.

Can a health food store refuse junk food to obese people? Yes

Can Curves Fitness only serve women? Yes.

Can a black baker refuse to make a klan cake? Yes.

I'm done with this one sided crap.
    It is authoritarian to force people to promote content that offends them 9r violates their sincerely held beliefs.

Heck most liberals would agree with that
    You wanna open that can of worms. Good luck defending the klan when they sur the black baker, or the Muslim when he sues the Jew, or the white dude that wont serve the Black Panthers.

It is absolutely nuts how you can be so blind to your sides very own version of authoritarianism. But as has become typical with the far left, you think its ok if its for the cause you hand pick.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  16. tilly

1. I was answering a question.
    2. Pre conception contraceptives do not stop a beating human heart. That is where I draw my line. I am not of the belief that it is a human being until conception or at least a heartbeat.

17. tilly

[​IMG]

18. mrhansduck

mrhansduck GC Hall of Fame

Nov 23, 2021
    I'm not sure if the first hypo is settled law or not - where both sides are relying upon religious affiliation. It's an interesting question.

Alito made a Klan argument. I'm not sure that anti-discrimination laws would apply there.

Samuel A. Alito, Jr.

Okay, Justice -- then I really will stop. Justice Jackson's example of the -- the Santa in the mall who doesn't want his picture taken with black children.

So, if there's a -- a black Santa at the other end of the mall and he doesn't want to have his picture taken with a child who's dressed up in a Ku Klux Klan outfit, that -- that black Santa has to do that?

Eric R. Olson

No, because Ku Klux Klan outfits are not protected characteristics under public accommodation laws.

19. duggers_dad

duggers_dad GC Hall of Fame

Jan 5, 2022
    Anti-discrimination laws are inimical to human agency. If a baker refuses to bake your cake, find one who will.

For the overwrought: there are already laws against violence and fraud.

20. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    On the other hand wasn't obvious that there was voter fraud in 2020 considering that the candidate who supposedly won held drive-in rallies with a few hundred attendees at that very most and for a good part of the campaign didn't hold any rallies at all while the guy who actually won (at least according to him and his sheep-like supporters) held rallies with thousands of attendees not to mention his boat parades with hundreds of participants.