Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

DeSantis passes Trump in latest round of polls...

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by tilly, Dec 7, 2022.

1. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

Did I say otherwise? I said there is a battle. One she has lost to date that will do as I said. Who started the battle is immaterial.

2. tilly

Have as many threads as uou want. But I wont always rehash the same answers in every thread. THIS thread isn't about that, and heck yeah a lot of the animosity is due to politics. To try and act like it isnt is disingenuous.

3. tilly

I have said repeatedly that DeSantis is wrong about Disney. Called it pandering.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. tilly

I listed several polls. Reliable sources attached to them all.

5. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    Gonna have to see the education sample before I take them seriously. Also its a year before the primaries even start, so its all mostly meaningless lol.

6. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Passing illegal laws that you know are unconstitutional so you can score political points is not pandering, it is an abuse of the office. Pandering would be holding a press conference and expressing your vehement disagreement and making threats. Much like lying in a press release or on twitter isn't illegal but writing it down, signing it, and submitting it to the court is.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Call it what you wish, pandering or passing illegal laws to score political points is much worse than overreach. We can and should have debate about where to draw lines in terms of how far a reach government agencies have. These are mostly policy debates, and can be healthy in a democracy. Even if we eventually agree to disagree on where the line should be drawn.

But pandering/illegal laws to score points is beyond overreach. There is no justification for these actions other than to own/piss off the other side. There is no policy debate, and is unhealthy in a democracy, because it leads to retaliation. And often the retaliation moves the needle even farther in the other direction as the original action. This leads to a death spiral where eventually nobody wins.

I can live with politicians who I disagree with their policies, but understand where they are coming from. Often, I would draw the line in a much different spot. But politicians that engage in scorekeeping politics, whatever you call it, including pandering? That's a no go for me.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  8. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    The only real polls are the ones on Facebook and Brietbart user polls. I still see Trump signs and bumperstickers everywhere, so how could he be losing? The lame stream media, including the liberal FoxNews, wants to make him look bad.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
  9. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    Gotta see where Qanon lands on Ron, he could be a servant of the lizard people child sex cabal

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. tilly

It isn't meaningless in that the orange god that no one could separate from the gop is clearly at risk.

11. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    If only he would lose his gripe.

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. gator10

gator10 GC Legend

Nov 23, 2015
    If you want inflation out of control, stock market tanking, and boys turning into girls, keep voting for Biden and the dems.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I also listed several polls in post #71. They're remarkably inconsistent ranging from an extreme of DeSantis at +20 to an extreme of Trump at +29 and by the way the last one covers a more recent period.
    [​IMG]

Edit: DeSantis does top Trump by 5% in the most recent poll.
    https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/3767275-desantis-tops-trump-in-hypothetical-2024-matchup-poll/

Still predicting that whether or not he is the party's nominee Donald Trump will still end up destroying the Republican Party adding the caveat that the Republican nominee regardless of who ends up with the nomination can still win the election if one or more the following occurs, Biden is the nominee and he completely implodes cognitively; the US is involved in an unpopular foreign war; or the economy is in a recession resulting in a significant increase in the unemployment rate and/or inflation remains high during 2024.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2022
  14. enviroGator

enviroGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 12, 2007
    Certainly, any Pub politician is going to start out in the negative w/ Dems. But some folks go the extra mile to be the turd in the punch bowl and DS fits that bill.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. obgator

obgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    [​IMG]

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
  16. rtgator

rtgator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Trumpers stole all my Dem signs. Fact. No exaggeration.

17. enviroGator

enviroGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 12, 2007
    I think one of the reasons you don't see more flags and signs and what not for Biden is folks know it will invite violence from the Maga crowd.

• Agree Agree x 4
  18. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Even so, in lifetime boat parades, the score is like Trump 854 - DeSanctimonious - 0. What more to people need to know?

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  19. demosthenes

demosthenes Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    It’s just a different mindset from my own. I weigh everything on the balance and I can’t think of a single issue (from a mainstream politician) I would conclusively say it will always cause me to vote one way or the other. That’s why I think of it as a one-issue vote. Obviously you care about a great many other things but it sounds like abortion will always trump (pardon the usage) all the other issues.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. tilly

I seriously think millions of unborn human beings hold that much value.