Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

DeSantis at his best…

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by QGator2414, Sep 17, 2024 at 1:02 PM.

1. GatorNorth

GatorNorth Premium Member Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Atlanta
    1. I don't know how long it should/would take to clear the area but given the amount of brush in the photo @VAg8r1 posted, I would assume it would take quite a while if someone was imbedded in the brush in dark clothes lying along the ground.

2. How do we know the SS didn't say there was insufficient time/resources for their comfort? End of the day it's Trump's decision where to play. Might have been that it was a risk he was willing to assume.

I'm not saying the SS is perfect-they hardly are-but the facts are somewhat insufficient at this point to crucify them for the Routh incident

2. GatorRade

GatorRade Rad Scientist

Apr 3, 2007
    Ironic criticism from someone who is convinced that an entire worldview can be inferred from the presence of a single bumber sticker.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  3. okeechobee

okeechobee GC Hall of Fame

Sep 11, 2022
    We don't know that Trump overruled the SS on playing golf with a short notice. That's pure speculation. Funny how when the left speculates, it's always done in a way that belittles Donald Trump. Never to his benefit. Can Trump even overrule the SS on something like that? The government being in charge of his security, as a private citizen, does he even have rights to overrule them? I'm sure they listen to him to an extent, but in the end, they will be held accountable for his safety, not Trump himself. If your job is to protect the former president, you aren't given a pass if you listen to a bad suggestion instead of protecting the subject.

On clearing, considering that an SS agent saw the rifle pointed through the fence line from several hundred feet away, I'm guessing they could have swept the perimeter and found a person hiding in the shrubs pretty quickly. I'm assuming they have dogs as well. It's not like they were clearing Yellowstone National Park. It's a golf course and one they should know like the back of their hand. IOW, they know all the vulnerabilities present quite well.

I think you're just reaching for the sake of victim blaming. There is TDS and then there is what we're seeing now from several folks such as yourself who seem to think it's perfectly normal to blame a former president for his own murder.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  4. GatorNorth

Apr 3, 2007
    Atlanta
    Victim blaming? I said very clearly I need to see more facts before assessing fault, and that maybe Trump had input into the decision. That's now victim blaming?

Funny how you speculate as much or more than anyone on this board, yet when I say he might have had a hand in the decision it's belittling. If my saying that maybe he decided that playing on Sunday was a risk he'd take under the circumstances is belittling of him, then I'd suggest you buy a dictionary.

Just admit it. Trump could shit on your head and you'd thank him for the perfume.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. Trickster

Trickster VIP Member

Sep 20, 2014
    • Winner Winner x 2
  6. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    How many people put bumper stickers on their cars IF they aren't serious about supporting something? Plus donating almost 20 times to Dems in the last 5 years? This isn't that complicated. He's nuts, and he's a Dem.

7. okeechobee

Sep 11, 2022
    Your scenario here is a complete fantasy. You do not know if Trump overruled anyone or shrugged off any suggestions for his security. In fact, that seems like a pretty big stretch considering we're at the height of a tumultuous presidential race and he just got shot 9 weeks before this incident. You do not know if the SS had the proper amount of time to clear the area. You're just making up shit to devalue Trump's position as the victim in this situation. It is textbook victim blaming when you infer that the victim may have caused their own victimhood, even if in some sort of indirect way. It's like saying a woman could have worn pants instead of a skirt if she didn't want to be raped. It would be one thing if you had any evidence whatsoever that Trump overruled the SS agents or pressured them into throwing together a detail quickly, but you don't. Even if you did, it would still be victim blaming. That's how utterly crazy your words read right now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    The right wing has gone from Trump defiantly raising his fist memes to "my name is Karen, and I need to speak to the Secret Service manager"

9. GatorNorth

Apr 3, 2007
    Atlanta
    I can’t stop laughing that you’d post the verbal diarrhea quoted above and then call my words crazy.

A rape analogy? Seriously? That’s just beyond pathetic.

Clearly you’re losing control of rational thought at the prospect that Trump might lose the election so I hope you get the help you need. But I’m done with your silliness.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
  11. Gatorrick22

Apr 3, 2007

upload_2024-9-17_17-8-21.jpeg

12. Gatorrick22

Apr 3, 2007
    Hollywood is your go-to inspiration for a response? Madonna? LMFAO! :rolleyes:

13. Gatorrick22

Apr 3, 2007
    I want to see you test your theory...

14. demosthenes

demosthenes Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Just going to leave this here.

• Like Like x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. okeechobee

Sep 11, 2022
    Your dismissive and caustic attitude is the reason people are taking shots at a former president. It is people like you who can’t see past political differences to the extent that you strip a person of their individual human rights simply because they disagree with you. I don’t think you can see it, but the Democratic Party have become the party of war and the party of the inhumane. Stop blaming people for being victims of violent crime simply because they carry different political beliefs than you do.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Even when Trump was president the Secret Service was concerned with the difficulty of providing security at Trump's golf courses. While I obviously cannot say with certainly the chances are that the Secret Service recommended that Trump not play on courses bordering busy public roads such as Trump International and he rejected their recommendations. Third time today I posted this link.
    Trump’s golf outings have long concerned Secret Service.
    Same story although as is typical of the NY Post it places the blame on the Secret Service rather than Trump.
    Trump gunman exploited security hole that Secret Service has known for years

17. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I actually agree with DeSantis to the extent that he believes that Routh should be prosecuted for violation of multiple state statues including attempted murder. That being said the responsibility for doing so lies with Dave Aronberg the Palm Beach County State Attorney and the chances are they he would have almost certainly convened a grand jury with goal of indicting Routh. Intervention at the state level by the governor was still a political stunt.

18. GatorNorth

Apr 3, 2007
    Atlanta
    My dismissive and caustic attitude is the result of your histrionics not my political beliefs.

I’ve posted here for almost 25 years. Why don’t you review my posting history and tell me when I’ve stripped anyone of their human rights. I’ll wait here.

Meantime I think you should objectively check yourself for reacting the way you have to my initially saying 3 very simple and direct things.

1. I don’t know how long it should take to clear the course perimeter if the golf game was not on the schedule the morning of it’s happening.

2. Trump may have been advised of the risks and decided they were worth taking. He wouldn’t be the first protectee to be given input. Didn’t work out so well for that JFK guy when he decided to leave the bubble top down over secret service objections.

3. While the secret service has done plenty to criticize, I’m holding off here until we have more facts.

That’s essentially what prompted your saying among other things that I was belittling Trump, victim blaming, posting fantasy crazy and now denying human rights.

Methinks your problem isn’t me but what you see in your mirror, frankly, because the next negative thing I say about Trump in this thread will be the first negative thing I say about him. The rest of it is all a fantasy you’ve painted with a broad generic brush based on your political beliefs not mine.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2024 at 7:36 PM
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  19. ursidman

ursidman VIP Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bug Tussle NC
    Ahhh, 9 1/2 weeks, Kim Bassinger at her peak.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2024 at 7:38 PM
  20. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Have an entire Marine Division follow him around, posting an armed Marine every six feet around an entire perimeter so the gop can then bitch about the cost.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1