Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Democratic National Convention - Chicago Aug 19 to 22

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by PITBOSS, Aug 18, 2024.

1. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    Not the con man traitor draft dodging rapist fraudster felon. "Anyone but" is real.

2. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
  3. Orange_and_Bluke

Orange_and_Bluke Premium Member

Dec 16, 2015
    Try to be honest and objective though.
    Seriously. I’m a conservative and I absolutely hate that Trump is representing my values.
    Progressive Kamala is not an option for me man. If you could only see it from my view.
    I’m very much stuck.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    Probably shouldn’t vote for him…

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. NavyGator93

NavyGator93 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2015
    Georgia
    She should fumble on purpose because right now the DNC is up 73-3. They are RUTS.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    Except, you know, to the extent that it “bothered” his entire party so much they convinced him to step down.

You should do the same with your octogenarian.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Point taken, but complacency gets orange guy elected in November. The margin needs to be wide enough to make his whining about rigging ring hollow.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Even if Republicans tried to persuade Trump to drop out and they will never do so since they're either members of the Cult of the Donald or or if they're not they've been so cowed and intimidated by the Cult that they're never going to suggest that Trump step down. As far as Trump himself is concerned he won't step down because his ego is such that the concept of self-sacrifice is beyond him and perhaps even a more significant factor mitigating against Trump stepping down is that he is running to stay out of prison. If he is elected he can make the federal cases against him go away and at a minimum delay the state cases for at least four years.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 3
  9. GatorPrincess8

GatorPrincess8 Princess of Basement Dwellers VIP Member

I gave them a fair listen, but inflation, the border, Gas, and grocery prices soaring and you can sit at home and actually believe this country is better off than when Trump was President???? Judge Trump all you want to, but he didn't sleep his way to the Top.

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 2
  10. GatorPrincess8

Thanks! Apparently, I have a "Stan".

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. coleg

coleg GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2011
    Please notice that inflation is a global event and the US is fairing better than most countries. That addresses your gas price and grocery price issues. The border? Tell me you are aware that Trump influenced the non-passage of a bipartisan bill to assist with that, and also note that Trump's first two years in office he had the House and Senate and a friendly Supreme Court and failed to fix it. If you wish to compare moral, ethical and character issues I can assure you Trump does not compare well.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  12. NavyGator93

NavyGator93 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2015
    Georgia
    I'm hoping we don't see complacency from the Dems. I'll do my part, both with my vote and by working the polls to help the democratic process along.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  13. ursidman

ursidman VIP Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bug Tussle NC
    Inflation caused by pent up demand caused by the pandemic and at least some by the stimulus checks we all got
    Republicans at trump’s urging killed a bipartisan immigration bill that would have enacted the most restrictive policy in most of our lifetimes
    Gas is an international commodity. Price goes up when demand is high (ie when the economy is doing well) and drops when there is less demand like during the pandemic during trump’s administration.

No he was born at the top and was a multimillionaire while still in elementary school. But A trump supporter pointing fingers at someone’s sexual history? How quaint. Bless your heart.

• Winner x 7
    • Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • Wish I would have said that x 1
  14. HeyItsMe

HeyItsMe GC Hall of Fame

Mar 7, 2009
    Trump didn’t sleep his way to the top, but rather inherited millions from his daddy that he then got to waste on his multitude of failed businesses. Homeboy sure has had a tough life.

15. GatorPrincess8

If that's what you believe I am not gonna stop you, but none of that is true.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 8
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. enviroGator

enviroGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 12, 2007
    What a disgusting thing to say... even worse coming from a woman.

You should be ashamed.

• Agree x 5
    • Optimistic x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
  17. ursidman

ursidman VIP Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bug Tussle NC
    Not a belief but reality. Do you not “believe” the price of a commodity fluxes with demand? That’s basic economics and capitalism - not a belief. Do you not “believe” the demand for gas/energy declined when the world’s economies diminished greatly during the pandemic? That’s reality.
    trump was gifted millions at a very young age by his daddy per reports and a book by a family member.
    There was a bipartisan border bill that on the Republican side was authored by a very conservative Senator - Langford. Reality.
    So, that is reality - what you have is something other than reality.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  18. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Okay, let's take one claim: gas is an international commodity. Let's test that proposition. Let's say that you are a business with a substantial amount of gasoline. You can get $3.00 per gallon in the US or $3.50 in Brazil. Where will you sell your gasoline?

19. pkaib01

pkaib01 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    If you want to refute it, do it on a factual basis. Do not just waive your hand in dismissal as if @ursidman was making falseshoods. Just not cool.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Speaking of the border.
    Migrant crossings plunge at US-Mexico border
    EL PASO, Texas – Kari Lenander runs migrant shelters in west Texas and New Mexico where every green cot has regularly been filled for years. Now most of the beds are empty.

Along the U.S.-Mexico border, migrant apprehensions plunged in July from a year ago, to the lowest level of the Biden era, according to U.S. Customs and Border Protection statistics provided to USA TODAY.

Migrant crossings have declined every month for the past five months. The results mark a rare victory on one of the Biden administration's toughest political battlefronts, as Vice President Kamala Harris prepares for next week’s Democratic National Convention. CBP is expected to publicly release the new border data Friday.

• Like Like x 1