Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Deion Sanders chaotic culture turns into locker room violence in Colorado

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by Gatorrick22, Aug 4, 2024.

1. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    This for anyone that ever had the idea of hiring Deion Sanders to coach our beloved football team. Nope... never... ever... do I want that clown anywhere near the Gators' football team/program. And even thought no serious Gator fan entertained that thought, there were some people on TOS that did. Though I have long suspected that those people are not really Gator fans to begin with.

Here's a taste of what is really going in with Deion's Colorado football team.

There has been a sudden shift in attitude within the Colorado Buffaloes locker room. While the initial hype surrounding Deion Sanders has dwindled, he has brought more than his "Louis Luggage" to Boulder. The urgency to win has increased as this season is expected to be the final one for Shilo and Shedeur Sanders, along with Travis Hunter.

Coach Prime has reiterated that he's not leaving Boulder with his kids, but rebuilding a program from scratch isn't his forte. Nor is fostering personal development among players. Many programs pride themselves on nurturing talent, but that’s not Prime's approach, and it's becoming apparent. He desires "ready-made" players who can deliver immediate results. It's not about gradually building up; it's about achieving success right now.

This approach has its flaws, and the foundation of Coach Prime's Camelot is starting to show cracks. What was portrayed to the public as an outstanding program is missing the mark. Sanders seizes the spotlight in front of cameras but then vanishes until the next media opportunity. Outside of these appearances, it’s all about promoting his products and services. The real question for those skeptical of the hype is why there’s constant turnover within the program?

Some players aren't suited for "Prime Time," or at least that's what the CU staff wants everyone to believe. But conversations with those who've left Boulder reveals the true nature of the culture within the Buffaloes program. A few former players have spoken anonymously to Athlon, fearing retaliation, if they went on the record.

"It's like a real-life Grand Theft Auto video game," one former player said. "There are many distractions with fights, guns, and money floating around. The environment is unlike any I’ve come from before."

https://athlonsports.com/college/co...e-turns-into-locker-room-violence-in-colorado

• Informative Informative x 8
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Gatorrick22

Apr 3, 2007
    Some people here will confuse doing real football drills that look like two players might be fighting, but most of the one-on-one drills are legitimate training tools used by some coaches still even today. That is not what was is going on in Boulder, according to the writer. These are fist fights... gambling... guns on tables... death threats... And other looker room cancer antics to settle toughness in the locker rooms that seem to be condoned... or tacitly approved.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2024
    • Informative Informative x 5
  3. eastowest

eastowest GC Hall of Fame

May 13, 2007
    He sounds perfect for F$U...
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  4. iam4uf

iam4uf GC Hall of Fame

Apr 12, 2007
    Gainesville
    Didn't they have locker room fights last year as well?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. UF24ou14

UF24ou14 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2009
    Yeah, but they weren't affected by it as evidenced by their play on the field. Oh, wait...

• Funny Funny x 9
  6. Gatorrick22

Apr 3, 2007
    It looks like other sties are catching on to that original Athlon article that I posted here. Yeah, that is one coach that can kiss any job in the SEC goodbye.

Here are more details and another view of what's going on in Boulder, Colorado. One more reason why I felt we needed to give Cormani McClain a second chance... even though I had no idea what he was suffering through.

Glad he's a Gator and his getting a well deserved second chance with the good guys in Gainesville.

READ THIS OTHER ARTICLE, BELOW FOR MORE DETAILS.

Florida Football's Cormani McClain noted in behind the scenes deep dive of Colorado

Last edited: Aug 4, 2024
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. floridagatorman

floridagatorman VIP Member

Sep 30, 2021
    I'm having trouble finding any mention of locker room fights from last year. Sometime last year Kentucky did have a locker room fight video leak but I don't remember anything from CU.

To be clear, I'm in no way defending Deion. I went to CU for grad school and they have fallen off my list completely after being my second team ever since. Everything around that program is just gross right now. Like 2017 UCF except without the wins.

• Like Like x 2
  8. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007

• Like Like x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Thanks Rick. Neon Deion is a perfect poster boy for that scumbag clown show in Tallahassee.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  10. floridagatorman

Sep 30, 2021
    The really unfortunate icing on the cake is all the Florida fans on here who acted like we were inviting someone guilty of an unforgivable crime into our program when we let Cormani commit. Now I've never been more invested in seeing this kid start within 3 years and get drafted.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. floridagatorman

Sep 30, 2021
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Gatorrick22

Apr 3, 2007
    Yep... and one more reason NOT to let FSU into the SEC... EVER! That football program is rife with that kind of character.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  13. antny1

antny1 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2019
    Yeah but what does any of this have to do with urban Meyer? Article loses all credibility without references to Gator teams from 15 years ago...

Last edited: Aug 4, 2024
    • Funny Funny x 10
  14. ETGator

ETGator Long-Time Gator Stuck In East Tennessee Moderator VIP Member

Sep 15, 2007
    I don't follow that program but thought there were some. Current news is over-shadowing last year and all I found (before stopping) was:

Deion Sanders, CU Buffs might want to chill on bragging about fights

Deion Sanders upset Colorado players didn't join in fight at practice

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
  15. gbranton

gbranton GC Legend

Sep 3, 2023
    Huntsville, AL
    “Culture.”

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. hhpgator

hhpgator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 13, 2017
    Hopefully this sheds light on the toxicity that brought Cormani back. He was lured away with lies and cash, only to learn green isn’t always greener pastures.

Quote from an article:
    “Another former player went deeper into the violent incidents within CU's football program, recounting three separate alleged occurrences over the past year, each unfathomable in any normal locker room.

This insight sheds light on what happened with former five-star talent Cormani McClain and why his experience in Boulder was negative.

"Cormani was taking a lot of heat from everyone," said the former player. "At the same time Coach Prime was saying he was in the doghouse and needed to improve, Cormani was getting bullied by Shilo (Sanders). After the Oregon State game, Shilo slapped him several times, which left Cormani screaming 'I'm going to kill you' repeatedly. After that, you could tell he wasn't mentally there. It's hard when the coaches you trust are calling you derogatory names on the practice field."

• Informative Informative x 3
  17. hawaiigator

hawaiigator GC Legend

Sep 9, 2018
    Soon, the “Every program does this” guys are going to come

• Agree x 4
    • Like x 2
    • Funny x 2
    • Winner x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • Wish I would have said that x 1
  18. foot

foot Senior

Mar 24, 2008
    But Deion was praying for him? What a clown and a fake.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Gatorrick22

Apr 3, 2007
    A way of life?

It's always phrased that way... I wonder why they do that?

20. Gatorrick22

Apr 3, 2007
    Nope, not even close... That behavior is what we consider a cancer in the locker room.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1