Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Deion + Saban’s recruits = natty

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by okeechobee, Sep 9, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. okeechobee

okeechobee GC Hall of Fame

Sep 11, 2022
    I’m not so sure. His heart is in those kids.

2. 96Gatorcise

96Gatorcise GC Hall of Fame

Aug 6, 2008
    Tampa
    Who knows how long he will coach. It's obvious that his feet are giving him problems.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. okeechobee

Sep 11, 2022
    Even if CU loses to Oregon and USC, that won’t change anything. Anybody who’s really paying attention to what’s happening at CU right now knows it’s just a matter of time before Prime gets an O-line and a D-line full of four and five star recruits. He’s playing with scrap heap players on each side of the ball right now who have only two games of experience working with each other.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. grant1

grant1 GC Hall of Fame

Nov 10, 2009
    I imagine that he would do free commercials in lieu of funding NIL.

5. partdopy

partdopy GC Hall of Fame

Feb 1, 2012
    CU is hardly a no name school, they have a national title from 1990 and are 27th on the all time NCAAF win list. It's impressive what the guy's done and as a Colorado alum myself I hope he succeeds (got my MBA there) but it will be interesting to see them play Oregon, USC and Oregon State as well as Utah near the end of the season.

6. okeechobee

Sep 11, 2022
    Ehhh… I could easily see him pulling a Bowden and coaching into his 80s, god willing. Even if he has to get a prosthetic leg, he’s not going to stop coaching those kids.

7. okeechobee

Sep 11, 2022
    Losing to those three teams won’t change anything, as he has already far exceeded everybody’s wildest expectations for his first season with a totally new locker room of players. But I’d say it’s likely CU will win at least one of those three games to put his stamp on the season, along with other games they will be favored to win. Just going to a bowl game is a validation. Vegas had CU winning three games this year.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. paidinfull

paidinfull GC Hall of Fame

Feb 22, 2017
    Saban recruits more than one kid per year, and Bama isn’t paying one kid more than any other school in the conference is paying their entire roster.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. gatorogue

gatorogue Junior

Jul 15, 2009
    Primetime is a charismatic and talented individual. Loved watching him in the NFL and at the same time helping the Braves in the playoffs way back when. Freakin awesome. He talks a lot but he backs it up. And now he's showing how to coach in the "new" world of college football, NIL, portal and all. He essentially sent almost every Colorado player from last year's team packing. Brought in players from Jackson State, from the transfer portal etc. College football is a totally different animal since the days of under the table booster payouts, student athletes, amateur status, infractions, etc, and all the other pollyanna BS. Some of the past NCAA rules governing NCAAF were so antiquated and just plain wrong. But now it's a whole new ball game. I don't like the direction things are headed but it is what it is. I think that the big schools will now absolutely consolidate their power in a game ruled by dollars. It's now officially a semi-pro league, farm system, whatever. Its entertainment. And right now, Deion is just playing the game. I think he stays at least until he needs a new QB.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    That’s really …. fill in the blank. Kids play for money period. If Colorado can afford to play with the big boys then they will. Saban buys a new staff all the time and keeps buying top classes. There’s no mystery and being 2-0 against moderate teams does not scare Satan one bit. I’ve expected some teams to emerge as new contenders now tgat we have cheating above board and accepted by all. There’s a long way to go to have the money machine with the big boys.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Catch up. It’s always been a game of money and buying championships. The stakes just got raised astronomically and we will see who the real players are very soon. Kids don’t play for bicycles so teams are about to show their hands if they think they can afford big boys rosters.Tens of millions annually for rosters or ny6 games will be the pinnacle for the second rate teams.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. colombiangator

colombiangator Freshman

Aug 26, 2018
    Could care less what he does!
    “Neon Deon” will always be Gatorbait! :alligator:

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  13. duggers_dad

duggers_dad GC Hall of Fame

Jan 5, 2022
    Deion said their aim was to “dominate from the beginning”, to “impose their will.” Hard to imagine Billy talking that way.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    I would love to see him humiliated. What a douchebag.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. 62gator

62gator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Tampa, FL
    Coach Prime gonna cause a lot of teeth gnashing. I know a good tooth-yanker, if y’all need a recommendation. :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. swampspring

swampspring GC Legend

Dec 13, 2009
    I didn't mean to sound like I'm denigrating their program. I lived in Denver and used to go to Boulder all the time, one of the nicest campuses I have been on. However, they haven't had much to talk about in an eternity...I could be wrong but the last time Colorado was on anybody's mind was when Kordell Stewart and Rashaan Salaam were there. Shoot, for kids nowadays, the Gators being title contenders was an eternity ago (don't @ me) That's what I meant by no-name.

That team is must-watch tv...and definitely has Spurrier's seal of approval (probably already posted but whatever): Steve Spurrier Makes Bold Claim About Colorado-Nebraska, Alabama-Texas Games - Sports Illustrated

“I think Rick Neuheisel said it, he said, ‘Who would’ve ever thunk that the second week of the season, Boulder, Colorado is going to be center of college football when they play Nebraska,” Spurrier said. “I know a lot of people think Alabama and Texas is big, but to me I think Colorado and Nebraska is the biggest game in the nation this week.”

Spurrier, the legendary former coach of Duke, Florida and South Carolina, had plenty of praise for Sanders’s team and staff.

“I love Coach Dykes and TCU, and they had a heck of a year last year, but this is historical. A team that was nowhere, and now all of a sudden they’re beating one of the best teams in the country,” said Spurrier. “A lot of the media, whatever, say, ‘Well, he’s really loud, and this, that and the other.’ Well he’s a ball coach too, and he’s got his guys prepared and he’s got a good coaching staff.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. MarineG8R

MarineG8R GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2014
    I’m too expensive unless one brings Scotch. In which case I will have a few drinks and get to work. It will be painless……

for me.

• Funny Funny x 3
  18. hawaiigator

hawaiigator GC Legend

Sep 9, 2018
    No, it’s a moot point

19. willymayshayes

willymayshayes GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Aside from the fact that he wears gear with that exact word?

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  20. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    upload_2023-9-9_22-1-37.jpeg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.