Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Cutting the cable cord

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by Gatuar, Jul 22, 2023.

1. archigator_96

archigator_96 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2020
    You didn't miss anything.:D

2. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I suggest you watch this about Cinema HD:

CINEMA HD WARNING | OCTOBER 2022 UPDATE! - YouTube

I got rid of Cinema HD about 1 1/2 years ago because of the threat of viruses, Trojans. It's not worth the risk. The last time I used Cinema HD was just after Free Guy came out in the theaters.

I'm not so sure watching movies in theatres is worth the risk of getting investigated by the government either. People have been fined for watching copyrighted movies/content. If you insist on doing it accepting the virus risks, purchase a VPN which hides who you are and your location. The problem I had with VPNs are the cost and they slowed down my operating system which can cause buffering.

To me, Cinema HD is just another internet protocol TV source, IPTV. They are cheap/free, don't work well, and puts you and your operating system in a negative situation. I recommend you don't do it. Besides not getting updated which may have already rendered Cinema HD obsolete, the downloader app has been negatively affected by people downloading questionable sites like this that you can't just buy or download for free in app form.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2023
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. tommyvee

tommyvee GC Hall of Fame

May 16, 2007
    I used to get all the channels on satellite with a programmed HU Card on DirecTV. It was so cool. Even if you wanted to pay for it, you couldn’t get the access that this card gave you because of local blackouts and other licensing rights. You could literally get every channel. It was great watching my Niners or Warriors or SF Giants as if I was a local. Of course, like them cable box descramblers, they have a limited shelf life. Had to reprogram it frequently and of course there’s risk of it getting fried from the good guys.

Long story short, it’s easier to do the right thing, but it’s so much cooler to break the rules sometimes.

4. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    It's beyond breaking the rules. The act of taking another's rights is larceny. The IPTV sites in the US are being fined and shut down. People in Europe have been investigated and fined for committing the crime. Beyond viruses, it's just not worth it.

Yes, to streaming as it is increasingly the future of TV viewing. Many cable companies are restricting their service to being the ISP only or shutting down altogether. I've been streaming since August 2017 and have saved a bundle of money in reduced TV costs. My wife's employer gave her two Fire Sticks for Christmas 2015. I didn't know what streaming was and didn't figure out its importance until 2017. Doing little things like putting your fire stick to sleep when you are through watching TV, having enough Mbps speed to run your internet household and avoid buffering, and regularly deleting cache from your apps makes the experience much better.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    STD whores... Lol.

6. GatorToTheEnd

GatorToTheEnd VIP Member

Oct 4, 2014
    Pensacola, Fl
    You fell for their trick. If you go to an SEC+ game on the home page of ESPN app it will ask you to pay. You have to find the SEC+ submenu while logged in w your service and presto- game on.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. airgator96

airgator96 All American

May 16, 2007
    Jacksonville
    I cut cable and only watch the plethora of free games on YouTube every Saturday that people live stream.

It has not failed me the last 3 years. Jag games via OTA.

• Like Like x 1
  8. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Florida
    upload_2023-7-25_23-55-26.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  9. GratefulGator

GratefulGator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 15, 2016
    Boulder Colorado
    OK, Mr Buzzkill. The link you provided was a few years old. Also at the end of the video, it states that CinemaHD is ok, especially if you use a vpn, which then they try to sell you.

My friend's friend's cousin's sister's brother's uncle has used sideloaded CinemaHD on his Amazon Firesticks for years now and has not had any issues. He's unsure how it works on other platforms, but for Firesticks he tells me it works extremely well.

There is myriad Dizney movies available to stream for free, which may be the source of your consternation?

10. KronoGator

KronoGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Juggernautz

Juggernautz Don't tread on me! VIP Member

Apr 17, 2007
    Yulee, FL
    YouTube works for me!

12. tegator80

tegator80 GC Hall of Fame

May 29, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    Um, "people" live stream games? They are sitting in the stands with their phones?

13. tegator80

tegator80 GC Hall of Fame

May 29, 2007
    Richmond, VA
  14. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    1. Video is from October 2022 so 9 months old.

2. VPN's protect your identity and location, but don't protect you from viruses.

3. There are apps that can check out the safety of the sites you are using and the health of your device. I ran this on Cinema HD and found Trojans. Be unlucky enough to watch the wrong movie with a Trojan attached and you can damage your device.

4. If the truth is buzzkill, so be it. People in Europe have been fined and these sites are being shut down.

5. I don't see why you think Disney has anything to do with illegally watching movies from illegal sites. If you like Disney so much maybe you should spring for Disney+ or a package that includes Disney+. You can have all you want legally for relatively cheap.

15. tommyvee

tommyvee GC Hall of Fame

May 16, 2007
    So I’m paying for ESPN+ unnecessarily? I mainly use streaming devices so I’m not sure these “submenus” are accessible. Hmm

16. GatorToTheEnd

GatorToTheEnd VIP Member

Oct 4, 2014
    Pensacola, Fl
    So if you want anything that is ESPN+ ONLY you need to pay for the app. Anything SECN+ you can use your cable/streaming login that gives you access SECN. You just have to find the SECN logo on the mainscreen and go into that submenu to get the games for free - if you go straight from the home page they'll try to trick you into paying.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. tommyvee

tommyvee GC Hall of Fame

May 16, 2007
    Ok good to know. I can test this by logging out of my ESPN+ account and see. Thanks.

• Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  18. paidinfull

paidinfull GC Hall of Fame

Feb 22, 2017
    It’s has not been needed for football or mens basketball. What other sports do you watch? As I said already, a baseball game here and there, usually an away game or tournament. A few softball games, again, usually away games or tournaments, some also play on another softball platform that requires another sub. A women’s basketball game here and there, again usually an away game or tournament. Espn+ is mostly needed for niche sports. Gymnastics, tennis, golf, etc.

I’ve used rokus, firesticks, phones, tablets, and computers and don’t have any trouble locating the games. They do try to trick you into an espn+ sub though. If the game is on sec+, you don’t need an espn+ sub.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. StrengthAndHonor

StrengthAndHonor Senior

Dec 30, 2009
    Tampa Bay area
    Once the majority of tv consumers drop cable for streaming services I'm guessing cable companies will just jack up internet rates to make up for some of it. Seems were screwed either way. I finally dropped my Hulu Live after it hit $85 a month. In the beginning it was a bargain. Too bad there aren't more internet service providers.

20. airgator96

airgator96 All American

May 16, 2007
    Jacksonville
    Live stream from their home tv or pc