Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Creed Whittemore Commits to UF.

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by candymanfromgc, May 7, 2022.

1. TJtheGator

TJtheGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Orlando, FL
    Encouraged to look for other options.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. manigordo

manigordo GC Hall of Fame

Kind of the way I have been looking at it. Put your best players on the field. I hated not seeing more of him as he is sure handed and can win fights over 50/50 balls. Sorry that we lost Creed because of his failure to see the field.
    I am just a fan, but I have played, coached and seen enough of TW to know he should get more reps.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. GatorGhost

GatorGhost GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    It is kind of painful watching Shorter out there and not get playing time, but they do play different positions. I'm sure, like everyone before them, this staff got excited with Shorters meaaurables and improvement in practice and thought they'd turn him into DK Metcalf. And I just realized he has another year of eligibility :/

Is it bad to want him and AR to go into the draft? Try to find a team that likes their potential and takes time to coach them up without the pressure, something they need and we just can't give them.

4. gator34654

gator34654 GC Hall of Fame

Jun 5, 2007
    College football is all about scoring and you had better be very good at throwing. Show me a top team that can't pass and catch with consistency. UT coach is very creative and innovative and has ut in the top 5. Once DM gave Trask the chance, UF flourished. We don't have that. Why would talented wr's want to come/stick when we have such an anemic passing attack? Remember, its all about getting into the nfl.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. florida72

florida72 Senior

Dec 31, 2019
    Oh well. It sucks but UF will move on.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc GC Hall of Fame

Oct 8, 2013
    Shorter is having a pretty damn good year despite the QB troubles. He is 2nd in the SEC on avg yards per reception. He has also made some damn good catches this year. If I was gonna single out a player for their play there are much better options than Shorter.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Nelson did make an nfl roster so he’s not so bad.

8. shane4three

shane4three GC Hall of Fame

Dec 24, 2014
    And so it begins. Heard this early and didn’t want to believe.
    Offense not overly appealing.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. shane4three

shane4three GC Hall of Fame

Dec 24, 2014
    You and I both. Big loss. This kid will be good.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc GC Hall of Fame

Oct 8, 2013
    I know we all liked Creed for his speed and potential at the position based off what Trent did for us last year, but if I'm not mistaken wasn't Creed our 3rd lowest rated commit and lowest rated WR in this class?

Could we just be making room for his teammate Hamilton @bobbybaker86

11. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Say that again?

12. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    No, don’t believe so. They should not have taken a legacy’s commit if that we’re true. But you are being optimistic which is a thumbs up. But since we could take as many as possible and sort it out in the fall, I highly doubt it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    You think that maybe he was asked to look around by our coaching staff?

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. paidinfull

paidinfull GC Hall of Fame

Feb 22, 2017
    I think he wants to be a qb. The teams he’s interested in are offering him at qb. His brother’s pt may play some part in it, but I don’t see it as the deciding factor.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  15. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Isn't he better than the one we have committed for 2023? Sorry, forgot his name.

16. paidinfull

paidinfull GC Hall of Fame

Feb 22, 2017
    Because one guy on this forum thinks so? The recruiting services all strongly disagree with that assessment. As do our coaches, obviously.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  17. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017
    id take Turboo over Creed right now if that’s the exchange. And here’s another thing….i dont DISLIKE Creed, im just not too worried about him decommitting and going elsewhere. If he does, he does. If we get him back, im fine with that too. He wont make or break this class is what im trying to say.

Let’s ALLLLL just sit back and let this play out. A long way away from signing day

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. GatorGhost

Apr 3, 2007
    Yeah I know we have bigger problems, just realizing he's left several plays on the table from not playing fast, running better routes, highpoint balls, positioning himself better with that huge frame, dropping balls. He's still the first choice and has made many catches though.

I'm just thinking out loud, is it worth keeping him as #1 another year or could he do better getting coached up in the NFL with no pressure and more individual work to reach his potential? Maybe he does get enough development for next year and balls out, but like with the Nayquan discussions, is it time to give the younger guys performing better a chance, like Trent. Gotta trust Billy anyways.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. GatorGhost

Apr 3, 2007
    The timing after a big loss makes me think it has something to do with his brother's playing time, though it's probably not the only factor.

Who knows, family gathered hoping to see big brother ball and thinking he'd have done better than the ones out there, or that they didn't like the offense too. He must have talked to his brother before making that decision.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Makes sense