Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Creed Whittemore Commits to UF.

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by candymanfromgc, May 7, 2022.

1. fox

fox GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida Beachland
    Had to hurt to expect to be the man and Pearsall steps in.

Receivers will get a lot more catches when our QB can find and deliver crisply and consistenly.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. 2oldgator

2oldgator GC Legend

Jul 14, 2021
    Dunnellon fl
    I hate that he’s not coming to Florida, but I think I understand.
    Wish him good luck and smooth sailing wherever he goes.

3. tommyvee

tommyvee GC Hall of Fame

May 16, 2007
    Interesting.

4. tommyvee

tommyvee GC Hall of Fame

May 16, 2007
    Ships opening up…

5. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Of which MSU are you referring? I completely agree about routes not well designed and fooling no one. I say that because our WRs are not getting separation or apparently not being open. I also wonder if our routes and concepts do not lend well to a QB finding open WRs. We remember the logic of Spurrier's offense and his good QBs knew where he WRs were going to be, so much so that they would throw the ball in advance of the WR making a cut or before the route developed.

If what you say is true then we are in for a long road, again. If Napier cannot see the flaws in his system and is determined to continue with he and Sale at the helm, what can we expect? At this point, I would be happy if we closed out this cycle with the class in tact. I don't believe that staff will add much to it and the chance is there that other players are shown the light by other staffs.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. DieAGator

Apr 3, 2007
    I guess he didn't see that as an opportunity, for whatever reason.

And why wouldn't they be? Why wouldn't Pearsall, Henderson, and Whittemore be on the field together? Is that too complicated for staff to design or do they think that would confuse our QB? I have no answers.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. DieAGator

Apr 3, 2007
    I thought the passing yards against tennessee were somewhat overrated. If it was by design why wouldn't the staff have a two minute offense? Why would staff be afraid to go for it, and instead they sit on the ball instead of trying to score?

8. eastowest

eastowest GC Hall of Fame

May 13, 2007
    Must be Miss st
    He just visited last weekend

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. upstategator

upstategator GC Legend

Nov 1, 2017
    The passing game is pedestrian at best. Billy has a really good zone running scheme but he needs someone to help him with the passing attack.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. alvaro319

alvaro319 Freshman

Sep 10, 2018
    Whittemore needs more plying time..... I'm sure that's why Creed decommitted.

11. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Wittemore plays the same receiver position that Pearsall does, so they are NEVER on the field at the same time.

12. DieAGator

Apr 3, 2007
    Is Whittemore one of our top 3 or 4 WRs? I would have thought so. How hard is it to switch positions where, if you can run the route, you ARE playing that position?

13. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    I
    guess I missed that

14. apkgator

apkgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    2 catches a game? For who, our WR? They average 10 a game in total
    Routes are routes.....they are designed fine. Our QB struggles to get them the ball when open. I would also like to see Trent on the field more, but if they want to head elsewhere then good luck.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. MCB51

MCB51 Moderator

Nov 23, 2015
    FL
    Isn't a coach that came over from USC west? Supposed to be pretty good? AR had over 400 yards passing against ut-so the ball is being passed-I think it is because of his brother-maybe they both play at the same school-big brother may transfer

16. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I think our receivers coach is pretty good so far, but he is making an error in judgment by not having our two best possession receivers on the field at the same time, and they are Whittemore and Pearsall. Instead he has them stacked behind one and other at the same receiver spot.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  17. DieAGator

Apr 3, 2007
    Explain that. Well designed but AR is unable? I guess Kitna's just not ready.

2 catches a game mean, each WR gets 2 or 3. The math makes sense.

Were you in agreement with the slant called with game on the line? Worst call of the season. I bet AR makes that pass less than 50% in practice. I think they could have done better than a coin toss. But if what you say about our play design is true, AR isn't going to get any better because he can't ready Ds and cannot find open receivers. As our offense is concerned, I hope that AR is the part that needs to improve because I can't stand to think we are stuck with the offense, as we see it, for the remainder of CBN's tenure.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. apkgator

apkgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    2 a game for 5 different WR is fine with a run based team we have now.
    I did not like the slant call.....because our QB doesn't throw it particularly well. But let's not cherry pick one play call as an indictment of our routes. Two different things.
    I fully agree this offense will be hampered as long as AR is the QB and doesn't improve in a number of aspects. I also believe AR won't be the QB if he doesn't improve in a number of aspects.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  19. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017
    Wish we can get em back but won’t be upset if it doesn’t happen. Don’t think this has much to do with Trent because let’s be real, Trent is a David Nelson type at best no matter who the QB is.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. apkgator

apkgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Agree, I like them both a lot....but we may be better served by a portal WR that can bridge the gap till Wilson/Mizell/Jean/Patterson are ready

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1