Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Creed Whittemore Commits to UF.

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by candymanfromgc, May 7, 2022.

1. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I have to wonder what they told his older brother for him to just dump the Gators for MSU. It can't simply be lack of playing time this year. Or is it totally unrelated to his recruitment?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. tommyvee

tommyvee GC Hall of Fame

May 16, 2007
    Looks like Trent’s still there…

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. apkgator

apkgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I think he will finish the season then leave

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. StrangeGator

StrangeGator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Chicago
    No single player can bring the program back to where it needs to be but Creed was one of the best athletes in UF's class and the second fastest behind Mizell. Who do you think is that caliber athlete? This was a huge loss IMO.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. apkgator

apkgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    That caliber athlete? Of our skill players... Gates, Dijon, Wilson, Mizell, Denson, Jakeem, Castell that caliber for sure. Jean I haven't seen enough of. Truth be told Patterson is an incredible athlete, great hoops player.
    Creed is a heck of an athlete, no question. But this class is loaded with athleticism. And Cormani might just raise the bar higher.

• Like Like x 3
  6. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc GC Hall of Fame

Oct 8, 2013
    Just How sold was Creed at being a WR? With him primarily playing QB I can see shades of K.Toneys 1st couple years here mildly struggling to actually learn the position of Receiver despite his amazing skills with the ball in his hand. There is such commitment to mastering ones craft that more times than not its the "other" things that hold back insanely athletically gifted kids.

For me, Holding on to Wilson and Mizell is more important. Wilson is a beast.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. bogator

bogator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Fort Myers
    Not sure how I feel about this. Creed is a very good athlete, but we have lots of athleticism at WR in this class. Also will ultimately have a numbers crunch. If he wants a chance to play QB it probably makes sense for him to go elsewhere because with our numbers and our board I’m not sure if that is something that makes sense at UF. Was happy when he committed, but get why he would decommit, and I’m not too upset about it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. TrueGator

TrueGator GC Hall of Fame

Nov 11, 2014
    .. or, maybe it's what his brother told him???

• Agree Agree x 3