Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Corruption in the SCOTUS

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by Sohogator, Apr 6, 2023.

1. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Conservative Jan. 6 investigator: 'I got receipts' on 'unethical' Clarence and Ginni Thomas (msn.com)

Most Democrats in Congress and the Biden Administration, although highly critical of the Thomases, haven't gone so far as to join AOC in calling for Justice Thomas' impeachment. But now, someone on the right — libertarian/conservative former Rep. Denver Riggleman (R-Virginia) — believes there is a solid case for impeaching him for "unethical" conduct.

Riggleman wrote, "Clarence Thomas is, at the least, unethical. Should be removed from the bench. His wife, Ginni Thomas, is disturbed. Come at me. I got receipts." In 2022, Riggleman was a senior technical adviser for the January 6 Select Committee, and NJ Advance Media's Matt Arco notes that he "collected and analyzed the data collected from cell phones and other devices" — including communications from Ginni Thomas.

In an article published on September 24, Arco explains, "The (January 6) Committee heard from Ginni Thomas in 2022 after it was unearthed she sent weeks of text messages imploring White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows to act to overturn the 2020 presidential election. The 29 messages the pair exchanged came in the weeks after the vote in November 2020, when Trump and his top allies were still saying they planned to go to the Supreme Court to have its results voided."

In one of her texts to Meadows, Ginni Thomas promoted the debunked conspiracy theory that the 2020 election was stolen from Trump and wrote, "Help This Great President stand firm, Mark!!! ... You are the leader, with him, who is standing for America's constitutional governance at the precipice. The majority knows Biden and the Left is attempting the greatest Heist of our History."

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. enviroGator

enviroGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 12, 2007
    I really liked Biden's idea about term limits for the Justices, and the rotating in and out of justices every 2 years, such that none serve for more than 18 years.

The fact that Trump was able to put 1/3 of the judges on the court in just 4 years, and they could well be on there for the next 40 years or more is pretty screwed up. Not even considering that 2 of the 3 selections were primarily due to shenanigans from the R controlled senate.

• Agree Agree x 1