Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Coronavirus in the United States - news and thoughts

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by GatorNorth, Feb 25, 2020.

1. NavyGator93

NavyGator93 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2015
    Georgia
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. sas1988

sas1988 All American

Nov 16, 2016
    Denver
    I actually know what I'm talking about here fella. My father did just that, and nobody could have stopped him.
    I guess you were just a o.k. with the dumping of hundreds of thousands of mentally ill onto the streets by the Bush admin?
    The fact that prisons are full of the mentally ill & drug addicts (due to mental illness or abuse for the most part) doesn't get a squeak but on the coronavirus thread from conservatives. Let them fry is the entire point for repubs on this issue. Hell, most I speak with at work don't think of mental illness as anything but personal failure of some sort.
    Personal responsibility is now NOT what all those mentally ill people are in prison for, but illness? My how times change.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  3. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    And who cares about older people, right?

• Winner Winner x 2
  4. RIP

RIP I like touchdowns Premium Member

Feb 2, 2015
    They had a good run. F em.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    That's what you said. I'm against all death. But I'm not naive enough to believe the covid numbers. I know a lot of people on here are lemmings so there's nothing that can be done about that. You guys are being spoon fed Covid numbers that Fauci knows are garbage. Testing with a PCR threshold of 40 tells me the Govt doesn't care for facts.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  6. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    I remember when you declared that deaths was the only metric that mattered (back when death numbers were much lower when we started the summer surge). You simply believe whatever numbers get you to the conclusion that you want and dismiss the rest.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Deaths "Of" Covid matter a great deal. Deaths "with" Covid, I don't care about. Hospitals have 98Billion reasons to throw Covid on a patient. You keep thinking everyone is pure and good.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 4
  8. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    No, they really don't. If you declare somebody has Covid, you spend considerably higher amounts caring for that patient and placing it on a death certificate doesn't have anything to do with the amount of money they get. If you have somebody shot who is Covid positive but asymptomatic, you have to take the precautions, spending money. You, as a hospital, are eligible for funds because you have to spend the extra money caring for them, even if you list C-O-D as traumatic brain injury as a result of a GSW.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007

Oh, so hospitals are getting $50k per patient and you don't think that would make hospitals want to have as many people test positive as possible? Especially considering Hospitals were hemorrhaging money when they stopped elective procedures? And we aren't even discussing the joke PCR threshold that even Fauci said isn't right.

Do hospitals get more funding by marking deaths COVID-19 related? | abc10.com

Keep defending the indefensible. It's fun to watch. Lemmings are alive and well everyone!

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  10. RIP

Feb 2, 2015
    From the article:

"Claims with inaccurate diagnosis or DRG would be subject to recoupment and/or other potential civil or criminal charges for false claims."

Lemmings indeed.

I guess you are saying that the dips in deaths and hospitalizations (between waves) from COVID are strictly due to hospitals not wanting to look suspicious?

• Winner Winner x 2
  11. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Right, I'm sure they will use that reliable PCR test to make sure they are "covid positive".

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2020
  12. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    How much extra does the hospital spend to care for each patient that tests positive?

13. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    imagine what the death rate would be now if not for the advances in protocols made since the spring..smdh..

if a foreign power were killing this many americans daily we would be nuking somebody

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    You find out. Seem like some hospitals are getting $50k per patient. I guess in your world that seems reasonable. Not in my world.

15. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Oh, so you have no clue what it actually costs, but you think that hospitals are making big money on this, even though you don't know what it costs? Profit=Revenue-cost. Apparently, you think knowing only revenue matters. Goes back to my point about ignoring things that don't get you to your preferred conclusion.

• Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. RIP

Feb 2, 2015
    Hmm. Explain the dips between waves please. If hospitals are so greedy that they purposefully diagnose COVID for $$ then why would they slow down every so often?

Last edited: Dec 2, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Yep, it's a money grab, and hospitals aren't immune to making it. You keep your head in the sand. So, person comes in with a broken arm. Gets a BS covid test with a PCR threshold of 40 but shows no symptoms. Arm gets set, Doctors and nurses wear necessary equipment and send the patient home and the hospital gets an extra $50k. Sounds reasonable to me...

• Come On Man Come On Man x 4
  18. gators81

gators81 Premium Member

Apr 8, 2007
    atlanta
    So hospitals make the most profits off elective procedures. Procedures have been put on hold because resources are needed for Covid patients, it’s also risky to bring healthy patients into hospitals with Covid patients. Wouldn’t it be in the best interests of the hospitals to suppress the Covid numbers and get back to the profitable elective procedures? It’s not the the reported 50k to treat Covid patients is profit, it offsets the expense of treating the patients. I’m pretty sure the hospitals would come out ahead performing elective procedures and having an empty Covid ward.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. gators81

gators81 Premium Member

Apr 8, 2007
    atlanta
    Wait, I thought your claim was 50k for Covid on the death certificates, now it’s per positive test?

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. RIP

Feb 2, 2015
    You really think this is how it works? That a positive test result with no COVID treatment and subsequent hospital stay gets you $50k? Per the article you posted the $50k number was for California, and the actual rate varies by market. It sounds to me as if you are the one with his head buried in the sand so far that you could almost drown in the Indian Ocean.

• Winner Winner x 1