Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Coronavirus in the United States - news and thoughts

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by GatorNorth, Feb 25, 2020.

1. gator_fever

gator_fever GC Legend

Nov 3, 2013

Just the beginning of what these crooks have unleashed on the world economy.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  2. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Whoa!!! Are you suggesting Trump lied to the American people?

• Funny Funny x 4
  3. mutz87

mutz87 p=.06 VIP Member

Aug 30, 2014
    Your nonexpert guesses have no bearing other than it’s leading you astray.
    The fact is it’s a deadlier virus than past ones and we are in a different situation than recent pandemics. The response isn’t some globalist conspiracy and if you’d reject this type of thinking it will allow you to be more objective and better informed.

I like you fever. but come on enuf is enuf with the conspiracy theories.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  4. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Meanwhile, Italy has surpassed the 2,500 death mark. Simple extrapolation, comparing populations, and that equates to about 14,000 deaths here. Hopefully, Italy has hit its peak in terms of infections and deaths since the nationwide quarantine. Just imagine the total had the country done nothing.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Nevada is shutting down for 30 days.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. gator_fever

gator_fever GC Legend

Nov 3, 2013
    Then guess and show me I am a conspiracy nut when we look at it down the road.

8. docspor

docspor GC Hall of Fame

Nov 30, 2010
    So, Trump’s getting played big time? What a great leader. Would have never seen that coming. I didn't vote for the cowardly child. You?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 17, 2020
  9. demosthenes

demosthenes Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    There is no way for you to be wrong. If we save hundreds of thousands to millions of lives, you'll tell us that it was all an overreaction. If a bunch of people still die, you'll tell us that it didn't accomplish anything, so it wasn't worth doing. There's no reason to even attempt to have a conversation because you're not thinking rationally.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  11. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    The same highly-educated and well-informed people who have been informing our politicians and industry leaders to this point.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    They would have taken it seriously earlier if they had been told by the people they follow to do so

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007

• Like Like x 1
  14. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    To eat us. “It’s a cool book.”

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. gator_fever

gator_fever GC Legend

Nov 3, 2013
    Nope we wont have as many per-capita wise as much of Western Europe even with them having stricter lockdowns is my guess. This is just overblown big time. Imo for specific reasons now.

16. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Good to hear. We're all in this together. I didn't take it too seriously until the sports leagues started shutting down.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. AndyGator

AndyGator VIP Member

Apr 10, 2007
    No better social distancing than sitting on a bench talking to yourself. Well, laughing loudly at your own jokes helps. :cool:

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. philnotfil

philnotfil GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    What would the specific reasons be?

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    Yep, I'm not going to be so lame as to suggest trump caused the outbreak, the same way these misinformation loving Trump folks would say Obama "invented" ISIS or whatever other nonsense they come up with. Of course Trump didn't cause the virus.

However, there's no doubt the delay in the governments response made things worse. The way we didn't really track people returning from China and Europe made things worse. The lack of tests made things worse. The travel ban from China was a good thing, but it seems Trump thought "boom, Travel ban, all our problems are solved". It's like they forgot that American citizens coming back can bring back the virus just the same as a Chinese national coming here on vacation.

Again, could this same scenario have played out under any administration? Maybe, I do believe most administrations would be hesitant at first to go to "travel ban". So despite Trump being a lying fool, my gut tells me we probably end up in the same place regardless. Hesitant to want to shut down the economy, until the epidemiolists finally get across that the hospitals will be overflowing and the numbers of possible dead. They just needed to see it happen in Italy first. Hopefully that we saw it there first, means we maybe acted quickly enough to not be worse than them.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  20. gator_fever

gator_fever GC Legend

Nov 3, 2013
    The wealthy globalists wanting things to get back on the path to where they had them. Trump and the populists movement in the West resulting in BREXIT etc. are a huge threat to their long term interests. They will take smashing the western economies for a while to stop that movement.

They have had enough with Trump redoing their crooked trade agreements like NAFTA and getting their Pacific trade agreement derailed. They see this populism as a huge threat long term to them.

• Funny Funny x 1