Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Coronavirus in the United States - news and thoughts

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by GatorNorth, Feb 25, 2020.

1. RIP

RIP I like touchdowns Premium Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Probably go to a bar.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    You have moved from posting Clay Travis' takes on coronavirus to defending a bunch of recently formed sketchy medical supply dealers. Let me know when you go full-on pro-cryptocurrency or need help to get money out of a foreign country...

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  3. vaxcardinal

vaxcardinal GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Maryland finally made it back in the top 10

4. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    You must be a Trumpster and haven't been wearing a mask. The funny part is I hate trump. Didn't
    I posted legit sites to buy KN95 masks. Now you are tucking your tail and running to the next libbie conspiracy theory. Better hit Mother Jones to see what's next for your marching orders...

upload_2020-6-29_12-53-5.png

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. vaxcardinal

vaxcardinal GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    exactly what are gloves protecting? The virus isn't going to go through your hands to infect you.

6. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Sure you did. I am sure it is all 100% legit. No question about it. They wouldn't say they were legit whether they were or weren't. That would be dishonest and nobody would ever be dishonest in the medical supply industry. No empirical evidence to the contrary that might make somebody a little wary of companies recently formed by people outside of the industry shipping in largely unregulated products targeting the elderly...

But yeah, let's discuss the solution. So how many masks would you say are in the supply chain from these many recently formed, brand-new-to-the-industry "vendors?" Think they have a few hundred million masks at a time? If we gave each senior a box of 5 of these, they would need over 250 million masks. Think the small jersey company can provide that?

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  7. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    You wear gloves so that the virus doesn't get on your hands who then often times touch your face. I know when I wear gloves I'm definitely more conscientious about touching my face with gloves on than without.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. RIP

Feb 2, 2015
    Damn you, now I'm questioning the authenticity of the masks I bought. They're strictly for my MIL (73 years old) for when she can't avoid going out in public.

9. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Honest PPE Supply

I already gave this website out many pages ago. Can't fix obtuse. Lord knows i've tried. You keep digging that hole. Think you are almost to China. Maybe you will dig right into Wuhan and let us know how many actually died over there.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Where did you buy them? You just want to be careful in that industry. Florida's FBI offices spend huge amounts of their resources on medical supply fraud, but if you bought them from an established medical supply dealer or major retailer they should be fine. I just don't tend to trust pop-up companies in that industry.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. RIP

Feb 2, 2015
    Honest PPE Supply

According to their FAQ section they've only been around since February.

• Like Like x 2
  12. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    They are fine, he's butthurt because he's wrong. My mom has had them for well over a month now. Have many people from her nursing home that also bought from there. But let this guy keep playing keyboard detective.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. RIP

Feb 2, 2015
    Eh he does make a good point though. I'm sure you can use them but it is a little sketchy since the company has only been open since February. KN95 masks are still extremely difficult to find from major retailers. I have no clue how to verify if these masks are what they say they are. Ugh.

14. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Great, another recent medical supply pop-up (but they have honest in their title, so they must be honest, right?). And this one "isn't motivated by greed!" "They care about us." Nope, sounds totally legit. Nice charitable folks there. They just want to save our lives! So how many of these totally legit masks can they supply?

Our Story

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Holy crap! Man, so they are trying to make a profit? Those bastards! Lets string them up. Heck, I wanted to build them a statue and now here you are ready to knock it down already. Dude, the level of butthurt displayed here is immense. It's comical at this point.

16. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    I'm sure they're fine for that purpose, even if those KN95 masks are "sketchy", surely they are as good as a cloth mask. Which is all people are actually recommended to wear in those "can't avoid going out" situations.

It should be noted that KN95 is not even a U.S. standard, it is a Chinese standard. U.S. masks are N95. Chinese masks are KN95. So the fact they are selling masks based on a Chinese standard is immediately sketchy right off the bat. I'm sure I've seen reports of hospitals getting burned with Chinese masks that they found to be all but worthless, but again... that is in a hospital setting. Maybe these are not the same Chinese knock offs. In either case, I would feel OK using those as a "going out in public" mask - assuming those guys actually fill orders and are not just a total scam. But it's not like cloth masks are difficult to come bye. So really... what is this guy's point with continually linking this board to these Chinese non 3M masks??? No idea.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    No, they aren't trying to make a profit. The are selling them because they care about us and want to stop price gouging and can do so because they have special long-term relationships with "foreign manufacturers" (you know, unlike every major company at this point) that give them access to products that nobody else has. And they are selling them to us because they care, not to make a profit. Seems legit.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  18. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    Those are not N95 masks, and if they are not from a reliable vendor how do you even know if they are *legitimately* certified as KN95 (which is a Chinese standard). You seriously just trust any random pop-up internet site as legit?

If you want to get a real 3M N95 medical mask , it's basically impossible to find. As are any of the various types and brands N95 mask that would *normally* be sold at retail or through direct sales in the United States. No legitimate retailer will sell them to you. I have some N95 masks that are branded Milwaukee tools (that i had leftover from a couple of years ago from a sanding/painting project), and those have also been unavailable since the Pandemic started. Normally you could walk into a hardware store and just grab them. But they haven't been available since March, and probably won't be for a very long time (I'm assuming they are still producing, but must be selling directly to hospitals and large customers, I assume there must be some way for paint contractors and larger customers that have specific applications to obtain them).

Hell, you said "go search Google", Google actually blocks searches of N95 masks under their shopping section! Seriously. Give it a try. Absolutely nothing comes up except a message that they've blocked search results with "excessive price increases". Interestingly, they do allow results to come up for the KN95. Probably because there is less demand for Chinese counterfeit masks in the U.S. than there is for legitimate N95 masks, which indeed are still pretty much locked out from retail sales.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007

What's The Difference Between N95 and KN95 Masks? - Smart Air

KN95s | COVID-19 | Oklahoma State Department of Health

Study: Think Twice About Reusing KN95 or Surgical Masks | MedPage Today

Again, Google is your friend. Seems good to me. Much better than a cloth mask and i'm willing to spend extra if for a loved one who has a higher risk for Covid19.

20. Orange_and_Bluke

Orange_and_Bluke Premium Member

Dec 16, 2015
    Stop poo pooing The dudes masks... Do you ever concede? Never seen it.

• Agree Agree x 1