Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Coronavirus in the United States - news and thoughts

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by GatorNorth, Feb 25, 2020.

1. GatorGuyDallas

GatorGuyDallas VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Plano, Texas
    I’m dying laughing here. I needed that...

Let’s hope we get to argue about it this fall and that there’s nothing bad on that front to argue about.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  2. dangolegators

dangolegators GC Hall of Fame

Apr 26, 2007
    No, you were a glass all the way full guy (and pouring over the rim) because you don't want anything to have a negative impact on Trump. Predicting 1000 total cases had no basis in any kind of reality. Did you honestly believe the crap Trump was telling you or was it just message board bravado?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  3. mutz87

mutz87 p=.06 VIP Member

Aug 30, 2014
    FWIW folks, this disease is hitting home for me. Thus far, my good friend's father died from it yesterday evening. Also found out another friend's mother tested positive. And today, my cousin--an ER nurse in a hospital outside NYC--texted me and the rest of the fam to say she's self-quarantining because she has all the symptoms (while awaiting test results).

• Friendly Friendly x 18
  4. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    I was going to thank you, but you get a best post ever. If I posted that in the Den, @unclenunzio would have a guy at my door with a tire iron.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. gatorstevelp

gatorstevelp Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Exactly......I was one that scoffed at the early reports coming out that said 3 million were going to die without prefacing how that could possibly happen. I am really an optimistic person to the core and believe we will have a viable vaccine long before J & J's which is slated to be rolled out in January. There are already over 80 vaccines in human trials plus if the drugs just approved are working as expected it will have a significant impact of the virus going forward. It still blows my mind that there are those that still ignore the distancing warnings.....NYC, of all places, to get a glimpse of the USNS Comfort Navy ship when it arrived on Monday

• Like Like x 1
  6. NavyGator93

NavyGator93 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2015
    Georgia
    That’s horrible. Sorry to hear that.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    The problem is mixing up what people want and what observations and basic knowledge show. You conflated the two. You can say what you hope to happen, but that isn't what you were doing. Hopefully, you won't continue to make that mistake.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Blessed is the True Judge. All of the sick should recover in the merit of your good deeds. Same for me, as I have pointed out. We debate here while people are suffering.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. gatorstevelp

gatorstevelp Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Well I wasn't thinking "Too Hot' when he said around here because I am definitely a newbie in these parts of the forum. Not sure my personality fits very well in this arena LOL

10. GatorGuyDallas

GatorGuyDallas VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Plano, Texas
    Hang in there mutz. The stuff that has made this thing so easily understood as a real problem have been the various videos from real life nurses and docs. I saw one from a nurse who did her first shift after her hospital became a major Covid intake center. She was so obviously shaken that you just know that they are dealing with a massive problem.

I’m sorry it’s hit home for you. My wife is an ICU nurse here and we are just hoping it never gets like that at her hospital.

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. dingyibvs

dingyibvs Premium Member

Apr 8, 2007
    If you see a house on fire, and you tell the occupants "don't worry, it'll rain in a few seconds", do you think you're just being a glass half full type of guy?

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  12. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    . I promised to be nice to new posters here, so if I get out of line with you, remind Me. I will save my clever and disguised insults that the mods are too (oops) to notice for the usual always wrong suspects!

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    This is true. I only disagree with Duchen when I'm wrong. ;)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 3
  14. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    A lot of people looking for best post Evers here.

• Funny Funny x 3
  15. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    GOP Gov Deflates Trump’s Claim There Aren’t Testing Issues: ‘Yeah, That’s Just Not True’

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. mutz87

mutz87 p=.06 VIP Member

Aug 30, 2014
    Honestly, it feels good to debate here, for the most part. It's a release. But yup that suffering is real. And to me though I follow the numbers, it's not about them. It's about lives.

17. mutz87

mutz87 p=.06 VIP Member

Aug 30, 2014
    I can relate :D

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  18. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Another Best Post Ever!

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. GatorRade

GatorRade Rad Scientist

Apr 3, 2007
    Yeah, I’m glad to see louisville admit his fault here, but I don’t think it’s fair to explain it as a “excuse me for not wanting people to die!” situation.

Louisville was confident there would be no problem and mocked the experts for their predictions. That’s a different deal. Anyway, I do hope Louisville’s and other smaller predictions still end up being pretty accurate. Things have a chance to get bad, and I’ve already had enough of this thing.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. LouisvilleGator

LouisvilleGator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 16, 2012
    Just like President Trump said, the next 2 or 3 weeks might be some of the worst weeks in American history. Between the deaths and the economic free fall, it’s going to be tough to stay positive the next few weeks. Let’s all hang in there. We can get though this. Ford just announced they have closed their two Louisville plants indefinitely. They had been slated to re-open April 14. Just a microcosm of what’s going on all over the country and what will be going on. 25% unemployment is probably too optimistic.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2