Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Coronavirus in the United States - news and thoughts

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by GatorNorth, Feb 25, 2020.

1. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    No surprise there. People close to him have said that Trump doesn’t even bother reading daily intelligence reports. He already knows everything that he needs to know. Too much reading, too many words. Cuts into his Twitter and golf time.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 5
  3. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    South Korea prepared. And if you choose not to prepare, like Trump did, you are going to be behind. Instead of these comments about the impossibility of preparing, why not you post what steps Trump took after the IC warnings and compare those to what the South Koreans did. Because we didn’t have to crash our economy. We could have engaged in a South Korean response if we had competent national leadership. Instead we have a complete shut down on major cities and a $2 trillion stimulus.

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. 96Gatorcise

96Gatorcise GC Hall of Fame

Aug 6, 2008
    Tampa
    I think America has seen it in everyone of his pressers. Look how he has to look directly at the paper and then reads like a 5 yr old doing a "what I like about summer presentation"
    Now put a detailed threat assessment in front of him.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    Wow. Trump followers are using the same excuse they used with our war in Iraq. “Oh nooooow i see you were right and I was wrong”

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    If this is true and Trump is behind it, he needs to be in prison:

"President Donald Trump’s latest target, Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer, told a radio station Friday that medical supply vendors informed her they’ve been told “not to send stuff” to her state amid the battle against COVID-19.

Whitmer, a Democrat, didn’t say if the orders were coming from the White House or if vendors may have been intimidated by Trump’s feud with the governor. But she did appear to link the problem to the president because she told WWJ-AM in Detroit that she tried Thursday night to call the White House to discuss the issue.

She couldn’t get through to Trump, who was at the time trashing Whitmer — whom he referred to as “that young ... woman governor from Michigan” — to Sean Hannity on Fox News. “We don’t like to see the complaints,” Trump said in a phone interview."

Gov. Gretchen Whitmer says medical vendors told not to 'send stuff' to Michigan

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  7. gatorpika

gatorpika GC Hall of Fame

Sep 14, 2008

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  8. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Your posting questions doesn’t respond to any posters’ factual information. You have been complaining about Trump’s lack of advance notice and, of course, you were wrong. What should have been done about international travel? Shut it down. Coopt airlines to bring US citizen or permanent resident travelers home. Like in war, when air carriers are engaged by the government. Really easy. And it should have been done earlier. Did you read about the Miramar couple who can’t get back into the country because they have the disease? They went on a cruise because Trump told them to carry on as usual and to travel. Should Trump have told them that? Now they are sick and stuck because they listened to Trump and the kind of falsehoods you have been spreading. Based on the intel he had, Trump lied. And has been lying about a coming and now existing national emergency. 15 cases going to zero? See, there is real danger in listening to Trump and doing what he says. So, keep defending Trump. He poses a danger to the country. Meanwhile, We all note your latest shift in the assessment of the disease that it is a surprise. Upthread and in different threads, you underestimated this and belittled the mitigation efforts. You just continue posting the lates talking points. Which are dangerous to people if they listen to the political points. This is a time for truth and you have not offered truth.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Your post misrepresents the link. This family called the doctor. The Doctor heard the symptoms and the cough and diagnosed them. They are not sick enough to be tested even if bed ridden. And the doctor told them that they made a mistake going outside on a bike ride because of the viral load in New York. So, your response to this post is untrue. What is your motive for falsely representing what the link says?

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. docspor

docspor GC Hall of Fame

Nov 30, 2010
    this is his MO. I’ll give you federal assistance if you give me praise. The weird thing - & I experienced it with an extreme narcissist that I worked with - is they manufacture praise but then seem to really think it’s genuine.

the infantile notion that he only has to be a leader for people who kiss his ass is totally contrary to democracy. War crime?

• Agree Agree x 6
  11. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Well, NY gave their first update today, 122 dead and 6k new cases.
    Yesterday their early update was 53 dead and around 5500 cases.

12. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Not when we had intelligence he has. And we need to lead, not follow. There is No excuse for the incompetence. This isn’t a hindsight issue. Trump admits his incompetence when he talks about how surprised he is. He had information. He chose to ignore it and try to lie it away.

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. 96Gatorcise

96Gatorcise GC Hall of Fame

Aug 6, 2008
    Tampa
    This thread is making me drink already. Should be a fun day, hope I don't get banned!!!:D:D

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    This. I saw this yesterday. Very important that people see what is happening and where we are now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. RIP

RIP I like touchdowns Premium Member

Feb 2, 2015
    I'm worried for your poor liver :p

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  16. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Overall though not bad news so far today for the US. Unless they update their numbers later today, most states have been stable or showed a slight decline. MD and NC are the 2 exceptions. A lot of states still out there though too.

17. dingyibvs

dingyibvs Premium Member

Apr 8, 2007
    What do you mean "even now"? We're one of the farthest countries from the origin and one of the latest to be affected. We're just getting started while many have peaked or are close to it. Now is probably as good as it's ever gonna be compared to say much of Western Europe and much of Asia (minus Japan, IMO they've been intentionally lackadaisical to portray a safe image in an effort to save the Olympics).

Almost the entire western world isn't ready because they thought it was a faraway virus that'll never touch them. It's pure hubris with a hint of racism. Heck, we have plenty in the states who didn't think we'd be affected despite what's going on in Italy. Most of the Asian countries took it seriously and have suffered far less per capita losses despite having less warning, less advanced healthcare, and have had thr virus for longer.

• Winner Winner x 5
  18. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Correct. Either you kiss his arse or he uses the power of POTUS to punish you and everyone that relies upon you.

Why do you think Cuomo did a 180 on how the scumbag is handling this?
    Cannot fathom how anyone can support that pos at this point

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Happens on the weekends. There is always a bit of a pause on Saturday for some reason.

20. channingcrowderhungry

channingcrowderhungry Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    If it was just limited to the morons that want to take their advice from Rush I wouldn't care. Problem is those people potentially affect other folks.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1