Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Coronavirus in the United States - news and thoughts

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by GatorNorth, Feb 25, 2020.

1. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    we are probably debating technicalities here, but it seems to me a common strategy among slower incubating diseases is to reduce the infection threat to the point to where heard immunity is reached and at that point there aren’t available people to spread the disease. That is typically what happens with MMR, when vaccination percent gets below something like 85%, the disease have enough to spread.

Of course that isn’t going to work with rapidly incubating diseases because the nature of the disease and nature of the human body, so the best you can hope for is perhaps modest disease spread reduction, but primarily providing enough defenses to prevent severe disease.

If I had to fault “authorities” for anything, it was not explaining this. It started out as a discussion of infection prevention and herd immunity, and then changed to the severe disease argument. That at seemingly conflicting communication was one of several things that caused such authorities to lose credibility.

2. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    LOL! If you think I still need to take a shot designed for the alpha variant after getting presumably BA4 or BA5…you may not get there. You just might be too far gone! LOL!

And that would include if I were actually at risk from the disease. Which I am not. Does that mean I am immune from a bad outcome from Covid? No. But the data speaks. You continue to be controlled by the propaganda as you just might be one of the very few incapable of getting there?!

Last edited: May 7, 2023
    • Funny Funny x 2
  3. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    And here we have Scientific American advocating to ignore RCT's and Systematic Reviews LOL. I mean holy crap, just because the data proves masks don't work doesn't mean ignore all the data. WTF is going on with science these days? This is batshit crazy. But the Maskidiots of the world can't come to terms that their god is a fraud.

Masks Work. Distorting Science to Dispute the Evidence Doesn’t

Placing randomized trials above other types of research such as observational, lab and modeling studies, has interfered with the COVID response. A randomized trial approach that allows a few studies to cancel out a huge body of research from other disciplines has no basis in science.

4. duggers_dad

duggers_dad GC Hall of Fame

Jan 5, 2022
    Thanks to the profound hysteria and panic-induced carnage of 2020 to present, the “no virus” camp has gone from extreme fringe to fringe.

5. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Virology.

6. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    “Oh yeah ? What madrasa did you graduate from ?”

7. dangolegators

dangolegators GC Hall of Fame

Apr 26, 2007

8. mikemcd810

mikemcd810 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Viruses are real
    Masks work
    All children should be vaccinated

Just figured I'd try to steer things back this thread

• Like Like x 1
  9. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 11, 2011
    I’m giving out syringes of Pfizer to children for Halloween this year. Suck it, Q.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. HeyItsMe

HeyItsMe GC Hall of Fame

Mar 7, 2009
    Another post with the word propaganda in it, impressive. Do you have any other words in your vocabulary or is it limited to a few big words to try and make you seem smart? Listening to factually correct data based on peer reviewed studies and taking the advice of doctors and scientists who do this for a living is definitely not falling for propaganda. You know what is, though? Listening to our dipshit, wannabe fascist governor and his crony surgeon general who has been proven to falsify and leave out data that doesn’t fit his narrative. Don’t worry, though, one day you’ll see them for the frauds they are. Actually, no you won’t, lol.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. pkaib01

pkaib01 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    @dangolegators - people have said less on this thread with more words! :p

upload_2023-5-9_7-7-38.png

12. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    Another ad hominem. And yes Ladapo and the others I listed a post or two above (might have been on the other thread) have been proven far more right on Covid compared to the authoritarians who peddled propaganda and fear.

Last edited: May 9, 2023
    • Funny Funny x 2
  13. philnotfil

philnotfil GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Ladapo had to cut data out of his paper to appear right. To me, that seems different from being proven right.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. HeyItsMe

HeyItsMe GC Hall of Fame

Mar 7, 2009
    That’s literally the definition of falling for propaganda, not those of us listening to proven facts and studies. He’s completely dense.

15. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
  16. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    Ladapo was right. And is right. Note how many people are taking the shot. And it is not because only Ladapo. It is because doctors know there is no need anymore for the shots. The only people pushing the shots are Pfizer/Moderna/idiot public health officials via advertising. Is there a doctor here or there working for a large corporate outfit likely that might still recommend these shots to bill out in their place of business? Sure. But the vast majority of doctors have moved on and have moved on for quite some time.

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. philnotfil

philnotfil GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    You keep posting recent data that shows the shot is highly effective at preventing deaths, yet you say that the shot isn't worth it. It is almost like you have trouble understanding data.

Ladapo could only get his results by deleting data. We have his Word file, with the tracking turned on, showing that he deleted the sections of the report that disagreed with his desired conclusion. If he was correct, the majority of other studies should have also arrived at his same conclusion. Yet almost every other study on the topic disagrees with him. The early drafts of his own study disagree with his conclusion.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    The disease is not dangerous. You don’t need it. If you want to put your body to work unnecessarily…go for it.

Seroprevalence has relocated the shot for high risk groups meaningless as well.

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    The facts are these drugs would have and should have never been authorized for healthy people. We allowed fear to be used as propaganda to push a one size fits all approach on an entire population without using basic medicine to determine who was at risk. But you keep taking the shots if you are part of the minority still consumed by Pfizer/Moderna.

• Funny Funny x 3
  20. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    There was no new disease. No unique symptoms. No remarkable autopsies.