Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Coronavirus in the United States - news and thoughts

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by GatorNorth, Feb 25, 2020.

1. philnotfil

philnotfil GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Do you accept this as a valid source of data:
    Age-standardised mortality rates for deaths by vaccination status, England: deaths occurring between 1 January 2021 and 31 January 2022

2. duggers_dad

duggers_dad GC Hall of Fame

Jan 5, 2022
    Not all. There is one contributor who rejects both severe unicorn and moderate unicorn.

3. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    I get you want to focus on one thing and not accept that young and healthy people are little to no risk of this disease. When you realize that you will begin to understand how medicine works. You do not rush new drugs onto groups of people that are at little to no risk.

I have posted the numbers worked out to help you with this multiple times. But you are focused on the narrative for this particular disease.

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    You keep ignoring the real world statistics. That all ages, all vaccines, all countries, the vaccinated have a lower risk of severe COVID. Here's the recent stats from the state of WA. Look at page 3. The unvaccinated hospitalization rate for people ages 12-34 is significantly higher than the rate for the vaccinated plus boostered. How many hospital stays would have been avoided had everyone, all ages 12 and up, been fully vaccinated? Again, this is why for-profit insurance companies are happy to pay for vaccinations for all employees. Paying for the ounce of prevention is much cheaper than the pounds of cure.

You also ignore any and all questions on how to practically implement a plan that just protects the most vulnerable in our society. If we're talking about seniors living in care homes, that's doable. But what about the millions of Grandparents who are primary care givers to children? The millions of teachers over 50 years old?

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    You do not push a new drug that we are seeing more and more safety signals with on a population that does not need it. The risk benefit was never there for young healthy people.

We are seeing far more excess deaths since the shot. There is unfortunately a likely reason for that. As we all know that alpha and delta were far more problematic. You keep peddling the fear nonsense and be part of the 10% (I am confident we can move it there now)....

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Safety signals? Been researched and debunked already, except for the J&J shot and women of birthing age. 5.5 billion people have been vaccinated, and there isn't a single sign that the vaccine is causing a significant rise in deaths. Excess deaths? COVID is still a major cause, and did you know that in 2022, we saw a decrease in excess deaths as compared to 2020 and 2021? Yes, the more and more people who got vaccinated, the less excess deaths there were in N. America and Europe.

There was also no correlation between excess deaths and vaccination rates.

The website pandem-ic.com, run by Philipp Schellekens, an economic advisor at the World Bank, compared the vaccination coverage of world countries with their excess mortality. As shown in Figure 6, there was no correlation between vaccination coverage and excess mortality over the period between August and October 2022.

Thus Figure 6 shows that having a greater proportion of vaccinated people in the population isn’t associated with an increase in excess mortality. This contradicts the claim that COVID-19 vaccines are responsible for the excess deaths.

[​IMG]

Go an and blather about generational damage, safety signals, and other buzzwords all you want. The data simply doesn't support any of your opinions. And you know what they say. Figures don't lie, but liars figure.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. philnotfil

Apr 8, 2007
    Yes, there is one thing I'm focused on right now, your ability to interpret data.

The first step is to find a data set you are willing to accept. I offered up two data sets that you previously held up as evidence of your claims. Oddly, you now seem reluctant to accept either of these valid.

What data would you accept as valid?

Last edited: Apr 17, 2023
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. HeyItsMe

HeyItsMe GC Hall of Fame

Mar 7, 2009
    Whatever data it is that supports his delusional beliefs and tells him what he wants to hear. I love you and Cat for continually trying to educate him, but after a while you just have to give it up. He’s never going to learn, he’s just going to continuously respond to facts and data with childish laughing emojis, and he’s going to continue to regurgitate the same crap he’s been doing since Covid first started. He’s 100% delusional and will never accept that he was wrong. It’s a lost cause.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  9. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    People who believe in unicorns schooling other people.

10. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    I took the numbers and calculated them based in the situation and circumstances. You want to live in the tunnel our idiot public health officials have controlled you by. We literally just did everything the opposite of how we should have by using fear. And it sadly worked.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2023
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 11, 2011
    lol

12. mikemcd810

mikemcd810 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Let me just work on this hard data...

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    At least she’s working the problem. Which is a helluva lot more than virologists do.

• Like Like x 1
  14. philnotfil

Apr 8, 2007
    Which numbers did you use? What calculations did you apply to them?

15. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    I'm not sure what numbers Q used, or how they were applied. But this is how I picture him doing complicated problems:

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  17. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    They are in this thread. They show exactly who was dying. And you know that.

18. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    They are in this thread with the source linked.

And how did you know that is how I got an 800 on the GRE in math?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  19. philnotfil

Apr 8, 2007
    You have never clearly stated which numbers you used. I know, I've spent a lot of time trying to recreate your work and have consistently failed to find a way to make the numbers you post arrive at the conclusion you claim they support.

So, here is your chance to help us learn what you have already found out.

Here is the data set you posted:
    Age-standardised mortality rates for deaths by vaccination status, England: deaths occurring between 1 January 2021 and 31 January 2022

Of the 12 sheets in the file, which sheet should we be looking at, which columns on that sheet support your claim that the vaccine is useless?

20. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Then show your wish list work. Explain why the Brits paid to analyze the data say unequivocally that the unvaccinated die at a higher rate than the vaccinated. How about showing any correlation between the vaccine and excess deaths.

You've done nothing of the sort. And data that disagrees with you, the only thing you can do is question the validity of the numbers. Despite all the data I've seen disagreeing with you.

• Agree Agree x 1