Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Coronavirus in the United States - news and thoughts

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by GatorNorth, Feb 25, 2020.

1. duggers_dad

duggers_dad GC Hall of Fame

Jan 5, 2022
    Ironic, the reference to ignorance.

2. philnotfil

philnotfil GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    The fact that you believe the data shows exactly what you have always said indicates that you lack a basic understanding of statistics.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    Mark Twain seemed to understand statistics well enough.

4. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    You will get there my friend. This was one of the larger wealth transfers that has taken place…

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    At this point just about everyone (regardless of whether they have taken the shot) has had some form of Covid.

And I know you are smart enough to know natural immunity was superior.

The coercion of people to unnecessarily take a new drug while ignoring basic science is one of the bigger scandals we will see in our lifetime. And it caused generational damage to public health. That with the lockdowns and shutting the most vulnerable who were at almost no risk out of their development were unconscionable decisions. The propaganda used was powerful and sadly caused far more damage.

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    You can go read the data and what I posted. But you want to focus on a one size fits all approach and read the data in a manner that pushes that narrative. An approach that ignores basic medicine.

7. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Know the problem with NI? You need to get infected and recover before you attain it. And unvaccinated, hospitalization and death rates are high. Know something else? Hybrid immunity is even better than NI with no vaccine.

I could believe like you, if I ignored the mountains of scientific evidence and studies published in respected, peer reviewed journals. Just make up my mind and claim whatever I think is right, and everybody who doesn't think this way is creating generational damage! And all that evidence to the contrary? Ignore it is possible. When you can't, claim data integrity issues, even when you have zero evidence.

No. Sorry. I can't do that. That's just not who I am.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  8. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    Everyone has been infected basically. The problem with you is that you ignored science and those that had gotten Covid. You supported coercing them to take a shot. You supported keeping them from doing things less protected people who took the shot could do in some areas with idiots putting in stupid regulations.

You will get there eventually…

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. docspor

docspor GC Hall of Fame

Nov 30, 2010
    [​IMG]

10. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    COVID in Florida: State removes over 32,000 cases from count

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Before the vaccine, the risks of dying from the disease was very high. COVID quickly became the third leading cause of death, with one and two being non-communical diseases. Look at the many, many charts showing unvaccinated deaths per capita versus vaccinated. Had we not shut down, our total death rate would've been much higher.

Since the vaccine has been introduced, the many, many charts all show lower hospitalization and death rates among the vaccinated. Even those with prior infection, as hybrid immunity is the best possible. Why shouldn't everyone be vaccinated if every chart shows it lowers risk of severe COVID.

Every chart, from every country, using any vaccine shows the same thing. You can be an idiot and ignore these facts. You are entitled to your own opinion. But not your own facts. And the facts don't support your position at all.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. philnotfil

Apr 8, 2007
  13. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    I have linked the hard numbers excel sheet from England multiple times. As they were updating them and calculated the numbers accordingly. I understand the narrative you want to push. Which ignores young healthy people are at little to no risk and seroprevalence. These drugs should have never been authorized for young healthy people. They should have pulled authorization for young healthy people a long time ago. But they had/have dug too deep.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
  15. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    Covid became the third leading cause of death because heart attacks, strokes, diabetes, pneumonia, etc., were reclassified as Covid deaths.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  16. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
  17. philnotfil

Apr 8, 2007
    Interesting, you posted that link last July and seemed to think it was valid then. Okay, we'll toss that one.

We'll try another link.

Do you accept this as a valid source of data:
    Age-standardised mortality rates for deaths by vaccination status, England: deaths occurring between 1 January 2021 and 31 January 2022

18. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    As I said…I have posted these excel sheets and provided the data based on them. You want to only focus on age adjusted when the real issue is the danger of this disease is primarily older people with comorbidities. We never should have authorized these shots for the younger healthy populations.

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    In other words, don't look at the entire data that says vaccines are effective in preventing hospitalizations and deaths at all ages. Just look at the elderly with comorbidities, where the data says the vaccine is effective in preventing hospitalizations and deaths!?!

Again, all data, every country, regardless of vaccine used shows the vaccine saves people from severe COVID. It was estimated in the first year of the vaccine, 14.4 million lives were saved from the vaccine, with that number rising to 19.8 million when you count for excess deaths in third world countries that didn't accurately account for COVID deaths. Many more lives might have been saved if we could have distributed vaccines to third world countries at a better rate. More lives would have been saved, too, if everyone eligible taken the jab.

As for just looking at the elderly with comorbidities, I ask again, how do we enact a plan that protects the elderly, but allows for the rest of the world to continue with little difference? 7.7 million kids in the US live with a Grandparent, with over 3 million of them having a Grandparent as a primary caregiver. We send the elderly off to geezer COVID concentration camps, what happens to these kids? In addition, nearly 30% of US school teachers are aged 50 or older. In Arizona, we're having a teacher shortage crisis, and nationally, 45% of all public schools have at least one open position as of this past October. If schools lost even just 10% of their teachers to the camps, how does that effect the kids?

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. RIP

RIP I like touchdowns Premium Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Amazingly you can click on any random page in this thread and they all appear the same.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1