Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Coronavirus in the United States - news and thoughts

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by GatorNorth, Feb 25, 2020.

1. g8trjax

g8trjax GC Hall of Fame

Jun 1, 2007
    Gives the karens something to live for.

• Like Like x 1
  2. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    I have posted the data multiple times from England and the UK. It speaks.

I understand you want to follow what you are told and not analyze this with questions.

You will get there my friend. I really hope you are not taking your kids in for more of these shots. Yourself included at this point.

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. philnotfil

philnotfil GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    The data you have posted from England and the UK does speak. It says exactly what AzCatFan reported. In fact, the last round of data you posted went even further than that. The latest data you posted very clearly showed that those with any amount of vaccination, not just a third dose, had much lower mortality rates than those who were unvaccinated.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. ncargat1

ncargat1 VIP Member

Dec 11, 2009
    I have "been there" from the beginning. I have reviewed basic Virology (free online course from Columbia - though not going to lie and act like I was able to retain a whole lot), read through over 100 papers at this point and listened to nearly 500 hours of discussion on COVID related science. I know that I have "been there" this entire pandemic. I even more fully understand that we are a mere 3 years into studying a novel viral agent and that we are only just beginning to understand anything about it.

That said, I would disagree with the comment that there are no valid reasons to be vaccinated if you still have a naive immune system. There are also valid points even if you have previously been infected. However, I would not attempt to convince anyone at this point, because most people, in the absence of the ability to understand the science, have had their positions dictated to them by the politics and Twitter.

Finally, I concede that the arrogance of public health officials by communicating through the media that the vaccine was going to be like a suit of armor against infection, when in reality, no vaccine in the history of western medicine works that way. There were far too many uneducated who did not know better, and fell for the BS, which contributed to public health officials lose credibility.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. ncargat1

ncargat1 VIP Member

Dec 11, 2009
    That is not even a debate any longer by anyone who wants to be taken seriously in this discussion. This is an absolute fact.

6. duggers_dad

duggers_dad GC Hall of Fame

Jan 5, 2022
    Since there is no virus, do the vaccines cure heart disease and cancer ?

7. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 11, 2011
    this has long since moved on from any semblance of a reasonable or normal debate. He’s not considering anything that you post. You’re just feeding a mental illness at this point.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  8. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    The data shows exactly what I have always said. It also showed our government was lying about who was dying for a good portion of time.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    The Great COVID-19 Vaccine Bribe (theepochtimes.com)

Many readers of this Substack have doubtless wondered why their “health care providers”—i.e., doctors, repeatedly exhorted them to get the COVID-19 vaccines and boosters. In my extended social circle, I heard many reports of doctors being downright pushy about it—as though getting the COVID-19 vaccine was the single most pressing matter of medicine and health.

Even patients who’d recently recovered from COVID-19 were urged by their doctors to get the shots, as were patients who had bad reactions to the first injection.

[​IMG]

The document raises a number of intriguing questions. I wonder: How many members might be registered in a given practice—that is, how many of those $125 bonuses per vaccinated member could a busy and efficient doctor with a good support staff receive?

Secondly, how many of these “COVID-19 Vaccine Provider Incentive Programs” were operating in the United States during 2021?

10. g8trjax

g8trjax GC Hall of Fame

Jun 1, 2007
    I just changed pcp's a couple weeks ago, whole office still wearing masks and first question asked was did I get covid vax and did I plan on getting boosted..kinda creeped me out.

• Like Like x 1
  11. coleg

coleg GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2011
    Poster just proved that the vaccination is extremely valuable in the most American way.... the bottom line. Anthem in true business (capitilism) fashion found it monetarily prudent to incentivize the vax. Proving it was cheaper for the healthcare provider to vax than pay for the unvaxed. Thanks for the info.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 11, 2011
    The dreaded 15%.

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    Somehow we went from save Grandma to myocarditis in minors …

14. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Only the data doesn't show what you are claiming. This link lists several countries, using different vaccines. The one constant with all the data? The unvaccinated are suffering more severe outcomes, such as hospitalization and death at much higher rates than the fully vaccinated, or fully vaccinated and boostered. Here's a link from Switzerland. Here's Chili. This one is Malaysia. Every chart, from every country, on different continents, all show the vaccinated have better outcomes than the unvaccinated. What data are you looking at? UK, which along with their data released this statement:

"People who had received at least a third dose, or booster, of a COVID-19 vaccine have been less likely to die from COVID-19 since September 2021 compared with people who are unvaccinated."
    As for an insurance company giving out bonuses per the vaccinated, congratulations, you have discovered the not-so-secret world, and not-so-secret formulas used by usually very ordinary people called actuaries! The average cost of a single COVID hospital visit, according to this site, is $41,611. So, take a group with 100 employees, if 90 of them are vaccinated, that's a cost of $11,250 to Anthem/BC/BS. If that saves just one hospital visit, that's a savings for Anthem of $30,361.

The fact that for-profit insurance companies are paying incentives to get people vaccinated is just more proof of the vaccine's efficacy. Insurance companies have offered incentives for many things, such as gym memberships, zero tobacco use, and proof of yearly wellness visits, for example, for years. And it's not because the insurance company cares about you. It's because their actuaries know the math. Paying for these ounces of prevention saves the company a lot of money from having to pay for the pounds of cure. The COVID vaccine is no different.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    The Covid vaccine is no different than any other vaccine. It is an imaginary treatment for an imaginary malady which has none side effects.

16. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    A medical office practicing preventative medicine. RUN! RUN! GET AWAY WHILE YOU STILL CAN!!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    Healthcare likely the leading killer in the US.

18. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    Science would upend healthcare. Way too much in the way of sunk cost …

upload_2023-4-16_13-22-6.jpeg

19. g8trjax

g8trjax GC Hall of Fame

Jun 1, 2007
    LOL, it was the mask that really weirded me out but I thought she may kick my ass when I said no to the booster.

20. coleg

coleg GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2011
    There are those around that don't respond well to abject ignorance, I suppose. LOL