Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Coronavirus in the United States - news and thoughts

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by GatorNorth, Feb 25, 2020.

1. GatorFanCF

GatorFanCF Premium Member

Apr 14, 2007
    If it was a lab leak it puts even more responsibility on the back of the CCP and what they did:
    1. Shut down all information about the leak - eliminating help from the rest of the world in combating the disease.
    2. Quarantined Wuhan AND
    3. Allowed international flights - spreading the virus worldwide.

One million Americans dead and a “what difference does it make?” Response from many of the folks on here. SMDH. There seems to be a sense of “let’s play nice with China” while they are complicit in many deaths, steal our tech, track us via social media, and fly balloons over our country - to name just a few. Yeah, great trading partner that one.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  2. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    They should get back pay as well. This was an egregious decision to force a large group that by and large was at little to no risk to take an unnecessary shot. A shot that should have never been authorized for most of the group.

3. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Someone explain something to me. In all the discussions I've heard on TV (and seen in what part of this thread that I've read) about a possible lab leak, not a single person has uttered the word "coincidence." I mean this is coincidence on steroids. A plague starts in a town where there just happens to be a virus lab that is doing research on (i.e. developing) that type of plague. Just a coincidence? BS.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Tjgators

Tjgators Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    This is a good read from MIT. The really big question is why would we work with the CCP on this or anything for that matter? This administration now putting the blame squarely on China is dangerous. We funded it and Fauci covered it up.
    Inside the risky bat-virus engineering that links America to Wuhan

Last edited: Mar 1, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  5. duggers_dad

duggers_dad GC Hall of Fame

Jan 5, 2022
    In some [lab leak theory] is a symptom of the failure of the Covid narrative. The greatest propaganda push of all time ran out of steam just two years in, and is suddenly fighting defensively simply to hold itself together. Because the “lab leak” debate is very much a fallback position. A retreat in good order, protecting – at all costs – the fundamental lie of “Covid”, viz – there was no new disease.

No, “Covid” STILL doesn’t come from a lab

6. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. studegator

studegator GC Legend

Feb 24, 2008
    From the article--
    Unnoticed by most, however, was a key difference that significantly shifted the risk calculation. The Chinese work was carried out at biosafety level 2 (BSL-2), a much lower tier than Baric’s BSL-3+.
    What caused the covid-19 pandemic remains uncertain, and Shi says her lab never encountered the SARS-CoV-2 virus before the Wuhan outbreak. But now that US officials have said the possibility of a lab accident needs to be investigated, the spotlight has fallen on American funding of the Wuhan lab’s less safe research. Today a chorus of scientists, including Baric, are coming forward to say this was a misstep. Even if there is no link to covid-19, allowing work on potentially dangerous bat viruses at BSL-2 is “an actual scandal,” says Michael Lin, a bioengineer at Stanford University.
    The simmering concern that the US funded risky research in China burst into the national discussion on May 11, when Senator Rand Paul accused Anthony Fauci, the longtime director of the NIH’s National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, of funding “supervirus” research in the US and “making a huge mistake” by trading the know-how to China. Paul repeatedly confronted Fauci and demanded to know if he had funded gain-of-function research in that country. Fauci denied the accusation, stating categorically: “The NIH has not ever, and does not now, fund gain-of-function research in the Wuhan Institute of Virology.”

8. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    The bats in question are physically located in China. There is no option except to work “with” China if you want to have insight into these Chinese based viruses. Of course going forward we may not work with them on this, esp after they went into coverup/lockdown mode. That is not a win-win outcome, it is lose-lose.

The other option is to operate in the dark. Which would enable China to do whatever they want, including just straight up bio-weapons research (which they probably do anyway I’m sure, but at this facility it was collaborative research).

9. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    Lab leak appeals to Murcans spoiling for Cold War vs China. The only thing that came from China is panic and it’s actions that spread the panic worldwide.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  10. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    Me: “There are no viruses.”

Cacophonous Chorus: “WTF ? Then what do people die of ???”

11. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 11, 2011
    Look, I don't disagree with any of this. It sucks majorly. Now tell me something meaningful we can do about it that doesn't involve WWIII.

12. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    Reminds me of the fenced-in quail study in which the quail continued to walk, in tight circles, after the fencing was removed ...

13. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Fauci "may have" helped fund Gain of function in a Chinese lab in Wuhan.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 1, 2023
  14. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    Gain of Function - making an imaginary virus even deadlier.

15. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    So did Kevin Bacon.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. Tjgators

Tjgators Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Fauci should be in jail.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. mikemcd810

mikemcd810 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I shudder to think where we end up as a country if we put someone like Dr. Fauci in jail. A man who dedicated more than 50 years of life to public health service, led us through the HIV/AIDS, SARS, Ebola, etc, who was awarded the presidential medal of freedom for his work and you want to throw this man in jail? What qualified person would ever be willing to do that job again?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  18. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    You seem smart.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  19. gaterzfan

gaterzfan GC Hall of Fame

Feb 6, 2020
    I don’t disagree. However, if it is shown that he intentionally worked to suppress the “lab leak” explanation and intentionally misled people with his “shiny object” commentary, etc …… what should be done to him?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  20. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    How about just eliminate the job ? Pan-panics eliminated!