Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Coronavirus in the United States - news and thoughts

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by GatorNorth, Feb 25, 2020.

1. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 11, 2011
    I didn’t say that. I asked what difference it would make. Aside from knowing it came from a lab how would it change how we approach/treat/deal with the disease and the subsequent fall out? I don’t think it would. So I don’t really get the point of obsessing over it.

• Winner Winner x 2
  2. duggers_dad

duggers_dad GC Hall of Fame

Jan 5, 2022
    Lab leak just another (albeit intriguing) false narrative.

3. kurt_borglum

kurt_borglum VIP Member

Dec 18, 2007
    The point is not whether the virus came from a wet market or lab. The point is the Chinese knew they had a deadly new virus loose in Woohan, they stopped anyone from there going elsewhere in China but continued to allow people from there to go to the rest of world. They also simultaneously bought up all the worlds ppe.

They deliberately set the virus loose upon the world to harm the rest of us and clean up selling us the products we would need to fight the virus.

We ought to respond by recognizing Taiwan and arming them to the teeth.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    Can the US please get through with fighting Russia, to the last Ukrainian, before it fights China to the last Taiwanese ?

5. BigCypressGator1981

Oct 11, 2011
    Ehhhh. I suspect it probably came from a lab. But the deliberate release seems like quite the leap and a very dangerous assumption.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. ncargat1

ncargat1 VIP Member

Dec 11, 2009
    So, the two Physicists at the Department of Energy are the guys we are taking guidance from on the origins of viruses? Great, I will make a note.

7. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    LOL. You blamed some far righties for the "conspiracy theory" but when it's pointed out this came from Biden's Dept of Energy you now try to say they aren't to be believed. I do believe they've seen more evidence than you have. So yeah, i'll go with their thoughts on this over yours, someone who was drastically wrong on lockdowns, school closures, masks and vaxxing kids. Besides that you are on fire with your Covid takes LOL.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  8. ncargat1

ncargat1 VIP Member

Dec 11, 2009
    Sorry for your loss. Respectfully, there are people who study these things for a living, including a Professor Emeritus at UF's Medical School and the guy who genetically typed the full Polio virus for the first time all agree. They understand far more about the underlying structure, including the 4 starting structures of all synthetic viruses or synthetically altered viruses known to man kind. They all agree that the structures of the SARS-CoV-2 virus do not match, or even closely resemble those known synthetic backbones. Again, Kristian Anderson, who does not benefit from "championing at theory" has documented these data against better than anyone.

Now, all of that is different than "lab leak". You can have a natural virus leak from a lab. In fact, the 3 major outbreaks of SARS-CoV were lab leaks, as well as the initial identification of the Marburg virus. However, even in your response you are conflagrating "lab leak" with "engineered virus". Frankly, people who do not understand a thing want so badly to have an understanding, they will force the answer.

"It has been 3 whole years and we cannot find the natural reservoir for SARS-CoV-2, it must be the Chinese" is the exact type of ignorance I have come to expect from people who cannot grasp that we know precious little.

We have known about MERS for over a decade, and we have know the natural reservoir yet have no clue how it transmitted from Camel to human.
    EBOLA has been studied for nearly 50 years. We have no clue what the natural reservoir is.
    Marburg took humans 42 years to isolate an Egyptian Fruit Bat with both the Rav and Marburg Clades of Marburg virus linking it to human transmission, but still not confirmed as the reservoir.

My point?? My point is why are people so desperate to think we are going to have all of the answers in a few years in a field where getting the answers nominally takes decades, not weeks.

Finally, if I want to understand nuclear fusion, I will ask a physicyst, not a virologist.
    If I want to understand how money laudering works, I will ask the FBI, not Viral Genomicists.
    If I want to understand how viruses jump hosts and infect people, I will listen to the virologists and infectious disease experts, not law enforcement and the Department of Energy - a Department of Energy that I once worked for I might point out. Not the group to discuss virus genomes.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2023
    • Best Post Ever x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
  9. ncargat1

ncargat1 VIP Member

Dec 11, 2009
    You may believe what you like. I am glad that you at least admit now that your knowledge of viruses comes from physicists and law enforcement agents and that your understanding of masking and vaxxing come from a bunch of people who are equally clueless on the topics. All the while dismissing and ignoring literally every expert on these topics and every piece of data that shows you how wrong you are. At least you are open about your sources of ignorance.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. g8trjax

g8trjax GC Hall of Fame

Jun 1, 2007
    THFSG 2000 pages covid mantra, if fauci didn't say it...didn't happen.

11. ncargat1

ncargat1 VIP Member

Dec 11, 2009
    It is weird how when the Trumpistas have nothing left to say, they just throw another insult at Fauci. A person never even brought up throughout this discussion.

Talk about a total fixation.

Yikes.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. g8trjax

g8trjax GC Hall of Fame

Jun 1, 2007
    LOL, trumpistas

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    LOL imagining that Trump was a breakpoint on Covid. Remember when he banned travel from China, and Democrats cried “Xenophobia!” and later pretended he’d let Covid out of the box ?

Remember when Trump promised a ‘warp speed’ vaccine and Democrats wailed that they’d never take a Trump vaccine, but when it became a Biden vaccine that people who didn’t take it shouldn’t be allowed out ?

Hilarious.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  14. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    At least admit what you were wrong about for 3 years now and start the healing. It's ok, everyone knows you were wrong on those issues. You might get taken more seriously if you do admit what you were wrong about, which was quite a bit.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Give the poster a break. He was literally wrong about almost every covid issue. Lockdowns, school closures, masks, vaxxing kids, Natural immunity and i'm sure there are many more he was wrong on. He's just bitter and hoping we will forget the last 3 years. Him and others post on here like they were right all along. It's quite comical. Now he calls anyone who disagrees with him a tumpista. Too funny.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    They cannot bring themselves to admit that they embraced a colossal lie.

17. kurt_borglum

kurt_borglum VIP Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Well Big Cypress Gator One, what is your explanation for why China stopped all travel to or from Woohan province to the rest of China, but still allowed international travel there and allowed Chinese to leave Woohan but only to international destinations?

18. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    It arose in Wuhan. What arose in Wuhan ? Panic. Panic arose in Wuhan. Panic and nothing more than panic.

China went stupid first and finished up stupid last.

But it didn’t create and unleash a bioweapon.

BTW, Wuhan has a SPECTACULAR subway system. Makes ours look third world ...

19. BigCypressGator1981

Oct 11, 2011
    I didn’t know this happened. Do you have a link?

20. BigCypressGator1981

Oct 11, 2011
    Without a link I would suspect that China was hoping they could keep up appearances (and trade) without causing a global panic.

I do think that if their intention was to use it as a weapon against the west they would have released it in NYC instead of Wuhan.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1