Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Coronavirus in the United States - news and thoughts

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by GatorNorth, Feb 25, 2020.

1. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Real world data with millions of participants also show those with even one dose of the vaccine have lower cardiac instances. Real world data with millions also show the rate of myocarditis from the vaccine is lower than infection, as is severity, as the vaccine has significant lower instances of MIS-C.

I accept this data, published in peer review, respectable, scientific journals as the best data we have. And likely the best we'll get. You reject this data because it doesn't support your conclusions. Should new data come available in the future that contradicts current data, we can revisit.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. lacuna

lacuna The Conscience of Too Hot Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Redlands, Colorado
    You have the patience of Job. :star::star::star::star::star:

• Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
  3. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Okay, explain what you want to use as an intervention in an RCT and what question that would answer.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  4. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 11, 2011
    Look you can do what you wish. I’m gonna follow the science. Safety signals derp derp seroprevalence derp derp. Generational damage derp. We should not be pushing these shots. Derp.

5. duggers_dad

duggers_dad GC Hall of Fame

Jan 5, 2022
    And Nuremberg 2.0 to begin ...

6. HeyItsMe

HeyItsMe GC Hall of Fame

Mar 7, 2009
    Even if they did a study with exactly what he asked, if it didn’t give him the answer he wants he would say it’s garbage and can’t be trusted. He’s always going to find a way to spin something when it doesn’t say what he wants.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  7. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    Junk studies are junk studies. We are not even seeking answers. But you do what you need to do. Public health has been so bad at their job that they have been tuned out now. It really is unfortunate.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    They muddied the waters where it is almost impossible now. Basically everyone has had covid. Shot or no shot. And as I said...it may not be ethical at this point. But I would look at certain tests that can be done to test for CVD. Especially ones that can dial in on endothelial function. Running the test before and after the taking the shots.

I certainly would not sign up for the test as I am not going to take the shot because I do not need it. But there are still a few that want to take these shots.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    We are still forcing masks on kids. This is next level stupid. But coming from the people who can't admit they were wrong for 3 years is par for the course.

upload_2023-2-21_8-1-54.png

• Like Like x 1
  10. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    There should be a disinformation disclaimer with his posts. It's really bad.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. duggers_dad

duggers_dad GC Hall of Fame

Jan 5, 2022
    Back in the 1920’s the Rockefeller Institute, unable to find a bacterial cause of Polio, turned its attention to *intuiting* invisible entities they called ‘viruses.’

Modern virology hasn’t got beyond that. They merely presuppose viruses and *see* them into existence.

Nonetheless, the belief in rogue nanoparticles is stronger than all the world’s religions combined.

And as long as that belief abides, arguments about masks are pointless.

Let’s talk about the religion.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2023
  12. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I agree. Also agree they should go back and do that to all the posters on here who were for Lockdowns, school closures, masks and forcing vaccines on kids. Glad we are in agreement to get rid of disinformation.

13. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    You are describing observational studies (giving the shot to people and running tests either side of it). There were RCTs in which the intervention was providing the vaccine to some patients.

14. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

Do you think mocking him personally by bringing his profession into it gives you some high ground.

It doesnt.

Here's an idea everyone. Argue away... But stop being jerks to each other.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    It is what bullies do when they have nothing to offer.

Then they run in silence when shown what they do not like.

16. philnotfil

philnotfil GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Tell that to the families of all the kids who were prevented by the state of Florida from participating in competitions because they were being held in places that asked competitors to show proof of vaccination.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  17. HeyItsMe

HeyItsMe GC Hall of Fame

Mar 7, 2009
    Oh please spare me the victim act when you continuously propagate misinformation and act much like a bully yourself when you laugh at every response to an answer you don’t like. Zero tears shed here.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. HeyItsMe

HeyItsMe GC Hall of Fame

Mar 7, 2009
    When he continually promotes misinformation, continually mocks and laughs at any post that doesn’t support his position, ESPECIALLY when he brings no studies or facts to the table, constantly acts like the victim and arrogantly dismisses doctors and scientists who do this for a living, no he doesn’t deserve the benefit of the doubt. He’s a clown.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    LOL. That's your argument? Wow. Must be handfuls of those kids as opposed to the states who literally didn't allow sports during so called "lockdowns" LOL. Here is an article from Feb 19, 2021 saying CA is allowing sports to resume on Feb 26th, 2021. My son played travel baseball in Florida starting late May 2020. So yeah, great argument LOL.

California loosens rules for youth sports during pandemic

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

Yet you respond to him?
    There's been plenty of "clown" on both sides in this thread over the past 3 years...but my take on Q is that whatever we may think about his opinion, it is sincerely held.

He doesnt care if you or I get a million shots, he has preached against the forcing and bullying of people to get them.

Bullying that went on here for a good while I might remind you.

You guys act like he is stopping people at the door to CVS barring them from getting vaccinated, when all he is doing is voicing his oponion on a message board designed for hot takes and disagreement.

It's just weird to me when people on either side go nuclear on the other over this stuff.

I disagree with him. I got my shots (though im not boostering any further)... So what?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1