Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Coronavirus in the United States - news and thoughts

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by GatorNorth, Feb 25, 2020.

1. duggers_dad

duggers_dad GC Hall of Fame

Jan 5, 2022
    Few know that systematic reviews of hospital charts found that even properly prescribed drugs (aside from misprescribing, overdosing, or self-prescribing) cause about 1.9 million hospitalizations a year. Another 840,000 hospitalized patients are given drugs that cause serious adverse reactions for a total of 2.74 million serious adverse drug reactions. About 128,000 people die from drugs prescribed to them. This makes prescription drugs a major health risk, ranking 4th with stroke as a leading cause of death. The European Commission estimates that adverse reactions from prescription drugs cause 200,000 deaths; so together, about 328,000 patients in the U.S. and Europe die from prescription drugs each year. The FDA does not acknowledge these facts and instead gathers a small fraction of the cases.

New Prescription Drugs: A Major Health Risk With Few Offsetting Advantages

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    The facts are this disease was never dangerous to most people. Hence the risk benefit for a new drug makes it ridiculous to authorize on emergency use for those that have little to no risk.

That is the facts.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    These facts also show a greater incidence of death among all population demographics in areas prior to vaccination, and where vaccination rates are low. Again, the one country to use your Great Barrington Declaration, the UK, quickly shifted course after about six weeks, after noticing a significant rise in deaths, all age groups, as compared to other countries. The data also shows significant reduction in hospitalizations and deaths for those that are vaccinated.

I can post the links, again, to prove all this. But I know you'll just ignore them again, and base your opinion on your own beliefs...with no facts behind them.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    Not only does SARS-Cov2 not exist, neither does the disease Covid exist. No unique symptoms. No unique autopsies. No deaths that can’t be readily attributed to age-old causes.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    UK was set to go the way of light-mitigation Sweden. At the last moment, advisors prevailed upon Boris Johnson to panic and shut the country down. Compare excess mortality for the two countries.

• Like Like x 1
  6. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    The risk benefit of a new drug like this never came close to meeting the threshold of authorization in low risk groups. Now it does not meet the threshold for any group with the seroprevalence from the failure of the shots. Yet you and a few others in the minority line up to get them and push them on kids still. Thank goodness you are in the minority now. As the damage has been done unfortunately.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
  8. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
  9. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    To believe this is to ignore all data on the reduction of hospitalizations and deaths among all age groups. Here's information from the State of Washington...again. They track ages 12 and older, and all these age groups show lower hospitalization and death rates among the vaccinated. Do I need to link the studies that show how safe the vaccine is?

And even among those previously infected, the vaccine lowers hospital and death rates.

The data speaks. I'm listening. You have your own opinions that just aren't supported by the data and facts.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    Vaccine efficacy is a useless metric in the context of non-existent viruses.

Vaccine harms is a relevant topic.

11. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    From the article ...

Between January 2020 and July 2022 (blue dots), Sweden’s age-standardised mortality rate was 4% lower than the five-year average. By contrast, Iceland’s was 3.9% lower, Denmark’s was 2.8% lower and Finland’s was 1.7% lower. This means that Sweden did better than three out of four other Nordics.

But again I remind you’re shifting the goalposts, having had to concede that light-touch Sweden fared much better than heavy-handed countries like the US and UK.

13. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    If you look at COVID mortality rates, Sweden did much worse than its neighbors by a lot. You looking at expected deaths, all causes. Doesn't tell the whole story.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    There is no Covid. But pretending there was, why would you obsess over one cause of death to the exclusion of all others ?

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    To believe this disease met the threshold for a new shot to be used for emergency use based on the data for low risk groups is irrational. The the definition of how propaganda works. Hence you to this day continue to take your shots and push them on kids unnecessarily.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Spare me the BS of COVID not existing. Or viruses not existing. I'd love to test your conviction. Find an animal diagnosed with rabies who is not showing any symptoms yet. Would you let it bite you?

As for Sweden, despite not shutting down, once the pandemic hit, many Swedish did change their daily patterns. For example, work from home was encouraged, as was social distancing when out in public. Sweden is also almost uniquely equipped to handle lowering the spread of the virus. 47% of Swedish households are single occupancy. Meaning, that if the average Swede that lives alone, works from home, and keeps his distance when out in public, the chances of him contracting COVID is low. Compare that with a family of four, where chances are, all other variables equal, 4X more likely for at least one of them contracting COVID. Which increases chances of transmission within the family.

This accounts for the lower expected death improvements in Sweden versus its neighbors. The Swedes did encourage some daily changes, and most Swedes did change some. And the fact that more Swedes live alone compared to any other country meant the virus had a lower chance of transmission versus other countries, where per person per household is higher. But again, look at mortality rates? Sweden did awful.

17. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    What threshold? Whose? Your threshold? Show some data.

The original vaccine reached all thresholds against the original virus, and against Delta. It did not against Omicron in terms of preventing disease, but did reach thresholds for hospitalization and death. Same for the recent Omicron booster, which just missed the 50% disease prevention, but again, reached thresholds for hospitalizations and death prevention.

I've shown the data that tells this story. What data are you looking at?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    No way a new shot with no long term that completely failed once delta arrived to do what they said it would do should be authorized to any person that is of little to no risk.

Thank goodness you are in the minority now. Unfortunately a lot of people took shots unnecessarily.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    Calling your bluff: my dad was a Crocodile Dundee type so I’ve gotten my fair share of the great outdoors and it’s critters. I’ve lost track of the number of animals, not known to me, that I’ve been bitten by. I’ve been bitten by dogs, feral cats that lived around raccoons and even a monkey. Still here! Thank the fraud Pasteur for rabies fear.

And when will you stop shifting the goalposts and shading your argument and compare Sweden’s death rate to its heavy-handed peer nations ?

20. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Show your data. What thresholds are you using? Is it just infection prevention? What about hospitalization and death?

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1