Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Coronavirus in the United States - news and thoughts

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by GatorNorth, Feb 25, 2020.

1. duggers_dad

duggers_dad GC Hall of Fame

Jan 5, 2022
    Covid doesn’t exist. Ergo no one is suffering from it’s effects. But the effects of hammered-in terror have certainly taken their toll.

2. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    Zero evidence. Excess deaths don’t count as they can easily be attributed to the effects of the panic and despair that you have embraced.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    And the shots don’t stop you from getting Covid. And I have seen the argument that with the shot and then getting Covid somehow makes things better…it fails basic logic in my book considering the purpose and how the new technology works for the shots. To be fair. Honest studies should be done. At the same time…since we just turned an entire population into an experiment. It will be really hard to find the answers we need.

Silent Myocardial Infraction (SMI) is a real thing. No one talks about it. And I think it needs to be be studied based on covid/the shot/not the shot immediately. And with that it will be really hard to do as just about all of us have had Covid at this point because the shots failed.

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Tjgators

Tjgators Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Every day something negative comes out about the vaccine. We are now hearing about the Harvard, MIT and Stanford doctors that were silenced on Twitter. This MIT guy is calling for boosters to stop. The habitual liars are the FDA, CDC & drug companies. Celebrating the death of someone is pathetic.

https://twitter.com/RetsefL?ref_src...or-calls-for-immediate-end-to-covid-vaccines/

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. docspor

docspor GC Hall of Fame

Nov 30, 2010
    Oh god! I hope nothing negative comes out about cars or football or skiing or breathing air or drinking water.

• Like Like x 1
  6. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    I wouldn’t drink from the Ganges simply because I knew my body needs hydration. I’d probably buy bottled water.

7. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    Anyone have a handle on how many excess deaths since Jan 2021 ? I’ve read 800,000 or more.

8. coleg

coleg GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2011
    Twitter: the go to medical advice source for the pathetic. SMH

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    Going into 2020 I regarded Twitter as a cesspit and vowed I’d never join. But Facebook, YouTube and Google clamped down on information so hard that I was surprised to find alternative perspective from doctors and scientists on Twitter.

• Like Like x 1
  10. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    They all are awful. I deleted my tweeter account as it is just not for me. But the fascism in social media is palpable. And the one that was infiltrated to potentially correct the problem was tweeter lol…

11. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    True, and it was mostly awful. But it’s where I began my journey. And as alternative voices were banned, one by one, I reconnected with them on independent platforms.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    Why is it so hard to admit that vaccines are harmful ?

Seen a drug ad lately ? Fully half the ad is given over to side effects that may range to injury and even death.

Commercials don’t make any pretense of being ‘safe and effective.’

Are any pharmaceuticals truly safe ? A Johns Hopkins study has 128,000 dying every year from medications prescribed to them.

840,000 hospital patients a year suffer adverse effects from medications given. 2.2 million adverse effects overall.

Now multiply those numbers.

Yet vaccines are ‘safe and effective’ ?

13. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    With all medications and drugs it's risk reward. All meds have risk, but when doctors believe the rewards outweigh the risks, they generally will prescribe the drug. But medicine isn't an exact science and not every human reacts the same way to every treatment.

There's also doctors and pharmacists that do make mistakes. Order the wrong meds. Don't check if two meds react with one another, or if a patient should take drug A over B, because B is bad for the patient, but B gets prescribed anyway. It shouldn't happen, but it does.

As far as the vaccine goes, all data shows it is very safe. I previously linked a 7 day post vaccine and 30 day post vaccine study. Results are the same. Vaccine is very safe.

There's also plenty of studies on efficacy against death and hospitalization. And the vaccine is very effective against severe COVID outcomes. In the end, the vaccine is very low risk and high reward.

14. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    The first half of this I agree with.

The second half is way off. There never was enough benefit to push these shots on an entire population. Now there is not enough benefit to push them on anyone.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    You agree that all medications have risks. That would include vaccines which you have acknowledged can kill.

Weigh that against the 0% probability of dying from a non-existent pathogen.

And who said anything about mistakes ? We know that people die from taking medications as prescribed.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. philnotfil

philnotfil GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I thought you were going to recuse yourself from posting your viruses don't exist stuff on this thread?

17. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    Thread ran its course. No one could (or was willing to) provide evidence that viruses exist. One former swaggered in with the mothers of all studies, but never interacted with its thorough dismantling. Accordingly, since the question of whether viruses exist is THE issue ... I’m back!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. philnotfil

philnotfil GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    That's too bad, this thread was more functional while you were gone.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    I’m presently unaware of any substantive contributions you’ve made to the thread. But there’s still time!

20. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    You are entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts. My opinion on the vaccine is based on those facts, which have been posted here time and time again. They are peer-reviewed, scientific studies that show the vaccine is safe and effective at preventing serious health outcomes from COVID. The most recent booster may only be about 48% effective from preventing disease (just shy of the 50% the CDC likes to see at minimum), but it's still effective at preventing hospitalizations and death. And the numbers clearly show there is limited to no additional risk from the vaccine.

Yes, there are increased reports of "died suddenly." But there is only increased exposure to these stories, and not increased rate of incidents. The increased exposure tricks our minds into believing that these are occurring at a higher rate. But the facts and data tell a much different story. And again, I let the data speak for me for the most part.

As for prescription drug deaths, the majority are because of user-error overdose. Mistakes in dosing and prescriptions also play a role. Drugs that are prescribed correctly, and taken correctly that cause death happen, but it's rare.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1