Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Coronavirus in the United States - news and thoughts

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by GatorNorth, Feb 25, 2020.

1. duggers_dad

duggers_dad GC Hall of Fame

Jan 5, 2022
    Zero evidence that SARS-Cov2 exist. No new symptoms. No remarkable autopsies. The whole exceedingly darkly silly debacle was/is a panic-induced PCR-based pseudo-epidemic with massive reclassification of deaths, wherein the effects of panic and despair are more than sufficient to account for excess deaths.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  2. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    I agree with a small part of this. But with the evolution of the virus and the fact we still recommend young healthy people to take these shots…the unhinged and irrational are the public health idiots pushing bad medicine.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. docspor

docspor GC Hall of Fame

Nov 30, 2010
    recommend. what monsters.

4. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. antny1

antny1 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2019
    I haven't stated an opinion on current affairs although recommendations are what they are. They aren't mandates at this time. Ebb and flow. I am just disgusted with the spamming of "jab" comments every time someone young or famous dies now. It's dishonest at best to conclude or even intimate the suggestion that it likely to be from the vaccine.

I feel I've been pretty objective all along with opinions that cross the lines of more rigid stances from either perspective. That hasn't changed. Discussion of everything is fair game. Drawing conclusions based on cherry picked evidence is just a symptom of the bigger problem in politics today. From the perspective of someone who worked the frontlines of the pandemic from the beginning until now I cam say that mistakes were made and in my opinion some more obvious than others but this thing has always had a learning curve to it and I don't think every mistake was nefarious. Sometimes mistakes are just mistakes. I do think it has now become more of a political war than a medical one. We are seeing an uptick in covid however this time around it seems as though it is really only hitting the extremely elderly or infirmed hard. That was NOT what we saw during Delta. None of that is to say we know what longterm damage was done from the virus in its worst form which seems to be dismissed from the anti vaccine crowd as contributory to any anomalous sudden deaths...

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  6. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    I will never forget when every sniffle and cough was Covid. I will never forget when network news showed the same distraught emergency room doctor three times running. I will never forget the videos of body bags being loaded in refrigerator trucks night after night. I will never forget the nightly stories of this or that young person cut down in the prime of life, presumably of Covid. I will never forget the constant hectoring of the vaccine-hesitant. I will never forget my late neighbor whose daughter couldn’t find anyone to conduct a memorial service. I will never forget that a friend could only speak to her mother, through glass, for a year. I will never forget the panic that cost me my dream job. I will never forget the way the world seemingly came down on alternative perspectives and even oft-cited epidemiologists were de-platformed for simply suggesting overreaction. I will never forget a young acquaintance who died because she was denied timely cancer screenings. I could go on and on ...

So spare me the exasperation with spamming.

7. HeyItsMe

HeyItsMe GC Hall of Fame

Mar 7, 2009
    I used to laugh at zombie apocalypse shows and movies since there was no way they could ever happen, but then Covid came and people like you prove me wrong everyday. Great job. It’s cute you think you’re smarter than an all the worlds doctors and scientists, though. For every slanted article you post saying masks and vaccines don’t work, I have plenty to throw right back at you stating that they do. Next time you go into surgery ask your surgeon not to wear one since they don’t work.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2023
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    Who were the walking dead, really ?

upload_2023-2-8_17-13-59.jpeg

9. antny1

antny1 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2019
    I get a blank post from dream every time I post. I blocked this tool. Don't know why the smartest guy in the room feels the need to respond to me if he is. Don't want to hear his moronic thoughts on Russia, covid or fitness. Delusional....

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    ^ hates fat people, Russians and people who never hid from rogue nanoparticles.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    Who were the zombies, really ?

upload_2023-2-8_17-21-7.jpeg

12. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    There is a reason I don’t post articles about these deaths. As we have no idea the real reason. But it sure feels like there is a sign. And excess deaths are real. So asking questions is fair.

And at this point. Even you as someone in healthcare if asked would not recommend a young healthy person take the shot. Shoot. You likely would not recommend anyone take the shot at this point and time based on the data and what we know.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  13. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
  14. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    It "feels" like there is a sign. But the data shows the excess deaths for non-COVID reasons aren't real. That's been shown to you time and time again. You continue to ignore this data. What is real is the excess coverage of deaths, especially on social media, that makes you "feel" like there are excess deaths. But the same number of deaths were occurring pre-COVID. They just didn't get the same coverage before.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    Since there is no Covid, what is the reason for staggeringly high excess deaths, especially among the non-elderly ?

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    It’s amazing as I have several of these clowns blocked and every time I come to this thread there is a blank post by one of them - they only participate mostly in this thread and they are always the most recent post. It’s crazy how in a political thread where there is actual evidence and a real right and wrong the posters who are wrong are the most zealous and assertive vs any other topic.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007

Lol. Slanted article? Cochrane review is slanted now? Just because your whole belief system for the last 3 years turned out to be false doesn’t mean you just keep your head in the sand. You keep masking up Sport. The rest of us will follow the science.

18. antny1

antny1 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2019
    I'm miles away from being a doctor. I don't typically make recommendations on vaccines and while I don't personally see the need for them at the moment for younger, healthy people, I also can't say that covid itself doesn't lead to long lasting damage. My father has not had his lung function recover from his month long battle with Delta. He's relatively healthy although decreased lung function and now any illness takes a toll on his recovery.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    ^ It’s astonishing that the belief in cough and kill a Grandma is almost impregnable. This is so much the case that believers protect themselves by walling themselves in with believers.

20. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Simple. COVID. It exists, and it's deadly.