Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Coronavirus in the United States - news and thoughts

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by GatorNorth, Feb 25, 2020.

1. pkaib01

pkaib01 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    Do we need to start inflicting fear for Long Flu when someone has lingering symptoms? Long Cold? Long etc?

This is a virus that is not that dangerous to kids. The data tells us that.

You may boost your kids and grandkids away. My kids will not be getting near a single dose of these drugs as it is just not necessary. Especially since it is designed for the ancestral variant that is long gone.

3. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    Trust me…I read the line that every single entity writes. Got to make sure we don’t let people analyze the data without pushing the proper narrative.

Boost away.

The data is clear. These drugs are not stopping the spread. Some like to use MMR and Polio. Just think if MMR was 3 does in a year regiment with acknowledgement that people need 4th and likely 5th doses all while people continue to get infected with the disease they are taking the shot for.

We really need a second generation drug. But instead we push the same archaic drug that is not working well at all anymore. Which will lead to more vaccine hesitancy for drugs that actually do work. Like MMR and Polio.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. rtgator

rtgator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Do you really believe that young, healthy, low risk people can't pass the virus on to vulnerable family, friends and neighbors? As has been demonstrated in the Canadian study and elsewhere, vaccinations do in fact reduce the spread of the virus.

What's clear is that you believe that it's all centered on low risk individuals. And those individuals have no responsibility to family, friends, neighbors or the community at large. So f*** them.

We disagree.

Last edited: May 18, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. coleg

coleg GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2011
    Seems poster is unable to even read and comprehend his own posting. SMH. Poster wrote : "But an overweight vaccinated person is at more risk than a healthy unvaccinated person." and now pretends it states :" If you think a healthy unvaccinated person....." Just stop. You embarrass yourself. Be better.

• Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    If you can’t figure out the context and point made and want to deflect…

carry on.

The same groups are high risk since the beginning. Vaccinate and Unvaccinated. It is why we have so many vaccinated deaths now.

7. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    Do you really believe young healthy low risk people (high risk for that matter as well) are immune from Covid and cannot spread it if they get jabbed?

***favorite to show a point was when the NHL had to pause the season because of Covid with all players but one fully vaccinated***

Last edited: May 17, 2022
  8. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    The high number of vaccinated deaths has to do with the high percentage of seniors who are vaccinated. Over 98% with at least one dose, and over 86% fully vaxxed. And yes, a vaccinated 80 year old has about the same risk as an unvaccinated 50 year old.

The data also shows that at every age level, the unvaccinated die at a higher rate than the vaccinated. If that unvaxxed 50 year old gets jabbed, he lowers his risk to that if an unvaxxed 20 year old. If that 20 year old gets jabbed, his risk of dying from COVID is lowered to virtually zero.

The other benefit of vaccination is lowering the transmission rate of the virus. Not down to zero, but again, look at the Canadian study results. The unvaccinated spread the virus at higher levels than the vaccinated.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  10. rtgator

rtgator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Stupid question. Of course they can. No one is disputing that. But vaccinated people are less likely to do so.

Even if they are personally low risk, responsible people get vaccinated to reduce the chances of spreading a potentially lethal virus to their family, friends, neighbors and the community at large. You just don't care.

Also, you continue to dishonestly speak in terms of absolutes ("prevent", "stop", "immune", "don't work"), when you know damn well that, with this morphing virus, it's a matter of "reducing" the spread of the virus, not "preventing" it, and greatly "reducing" deaths due to Covid, not "stopping" them all together, and greatly "improving" peoples chances of survival, rather than letting them take their chances.

I have no interest in these dishonest word games. I have no interest in arguments that dishonestly ignore scientific fact when it's presented with sources and links. I've heard your same BS arguments ad nauseum.

Bye.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
  11. coleg

coleg GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2011
    It becomes tricky with posters that ignore facts, make their own with no verification, and then resort to claiming they did not , in fact, write the words in their post. This one is spinning out of control. LOL

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    LOL!

You keep telling yourself that. You can't make up the fact an entire league had to pause its season with every single player vaccinated except for one and you think that somehow those who are unvaccinated are the problem with spread.

You are correct.

We disagree (btw I think both the vaccinated and unvaccinated are the issue with spread as we saw with the NHL). And if you want to ignore reality...that is on you.

13. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    This thing is extremely hard to navigate in the environment of social media and narratives that are pushed by leaders with the influence of big business.

You cannot make up the fact the in England a strong majority of deaths are from the vaccinated. You cannot make up the fact that the NHL had to suspend their season with only one unvaccinated player.

That said...these drugs are not what they were sold as. But if you want to take them. By all means. Go for it. At this point they are archaic and we have the delivery method. One of the benefits of mrna should be that we can easily manipulate the spike protein. But I guess they only figured out how to do it for the alpha variant....o_O:confused::eek::):D:devil::ninja3:

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. philnotfil

philnotfil GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    What would you accept as evidence that the vaccines are effective at limiting cases and severity, and reducing deaths?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  15. coleg

coleg GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2011

Your death spiral spin on the England data has been soundly refuted the 15 times you've tried to purport it. Yet many posts have proven the efficacy of vaccination and you refuse to accept it. It is wildly ironic that you post about the damage of vax hesitancy, but then for months support vaccine hesitancy. Now you suggest new vaccines yet still claim they're not needed. More spin. Do better.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    I think early on there was decent benefit. Unfortunately delta was already out there. Timing was not there to make a huge difference. But we should have been straight get as many shots in the high risk groups only from the beginning. How we do not have an omicron version of the drug is beyond me at this point. It would potentially do better against BA2. But reality is these drugs have not worked as advertised.

These drugs clearly did not preform. And a lot has to do with Delta/Omicron/BA2/the next variant.

How people cannot see this is baffling.

Literally an entire sports league shut down because of Covid and they had one player unvaccinated. We have seen the data.

At this point it will take some real change in leadership when it comes to public health for me. If you told me we had the booster with the omicron spike protein…I would be far more inclined to think high risk groups should consider it. But we screwed up the ability to have control groups and work through this. So now we are just throwing the archaic drug at the wall over and over. Which really makes no sense. Doctors are seeing it and the change will happen. But we have caused a lot of damage.

This has been a massive fail!

I will continue to listen to those that I feel are trying to do the right thing and get good information out. The crazy thing is Zdogg/Makary/Prasad who I like to listen to and have posted…all are much stronger for the vaccine. Though they are shifting as they see how it was handled. But they all would’ve far more supportive than I for a bigger group as time moved. Yet people here will ignore them completely because I listen to them. A lot of the liberals on too hot would agree with all three on so many things. But propaganda and bias have totally controlled some to the point I could say don’t jump. And some here would jump…

There is absolutely no need to be boostering 5-11 year olds. There is no need to be jabbing 6 month olds if Moderna gets eua. Yet that is what is happening with an archaic drug at this point. An archaic drug that has the delivery method to easily get the omicron (shoot at this point BA2) spike protein in people. But no. Alpha it is and we see the decline in efficacy.

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. philnotfil

Apr 8, 2007
    I didn't ask for all your talking points again, I'm trying to determine if you are worth talking with about this topic. What would you accept as evidence that you are wrong? What could you possibly see that would cause you to reconsider your position?

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  18. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    The England data speaks volumes to how these drugs have not worked as advertised. But carry on and booster away. I support your ability to do so. Just spare me the idea that others are wrong who choose not to. These drugs are the furthest thing from a silver bullet. You might get a small therapeutic benefit. You might not.

If you are high risk…you should be infuriated we do not have an omicron or BA2 spike protein mRNA version yet!

19. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    You tell me how an entire sports league shut down with only one player unvaccinated…

20. philnotfil

Apr 8, 2007
    Even very effective vaccines are not 100% effective. Those who are vaccinated can still get sick. The covid vaccine, after two doses, is almost exactly as the polio vaccine after two doses. Yet we praise the one and lament the other. It doesn't make any sense.

But all of that is a distraction. What evidence would you accept as proof the covid vaccines are effective?

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1