Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Coronavirus in the United States - news and thoughts

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by GatorNorth, Feb 25, 2020.

1. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Woo Hoo! Great! You had been vaxxed and had it once. So your immune system took over and dominated!

• Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  2. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    It can overwhelmingly reduce infections of enough people are vaxxed. But as the Canadian study shows, if not enough people are vaxed, the unvaxxed will spread it to the vaxed, and some of the vaxxed (in much smaller numbers) will be infected.

• Like Like x 1
  3. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    It’s all about you. It’s never about the people the unvaxxed spread it to. And, You skipped over the Canadian study, too. Pretty clear the anti-vaxxers and those who spread the disinformation are a bunch is selfish scum.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  4. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    The vaccines significantly reduce transmission. That is what the Canadian study shows. But when not enough people are vaccinated, we have transmission. Even to the vaxxed in smaller numbers than the unvaxxed

Last edited: May 16, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  5. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    Seriously! That is one doctor to avoid being treated by. Anyone still pushing testing when healthy is either peddling propaganda or dumb.

Yet I am the one living in fear according to some lol…

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    Well, not all of us. ;)

7. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    Everyone can spread it. If they get it. Vaccinated and Unvaccinated. No one I have seen has suggested otherwise.

The disinformation is the idea that deciding to navigate this without getting jabbed is somehow not a reasonable way to do so.

Booster away if you wish.

8. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    While true anyone can get COVID and spread it, the best way to reduce your risk of getting COVID, spreading COVID, and dying from COVID is to get jabbed. Several studies have proven this out.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    The best way it to be healthy. If you want a small potential therapeutic help by maybe getting some t-cell/b-cell help. Putting your body to work is an option.

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. rtgator

rtgator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Your error is in assuming that both paths (vaxxed and unvaxxed) are equally responsible. That's just not true.

There's too much verified, scientific evidence that the vaccines are very safe and very effective in reducing hospitalizations and deaths. They also help reduce transmission.

This helps all of us: fewer traumatized families dealing with the deaths of loved ones; much less stress on hospitals so they can better serve ALL illnesses and medical emergencies; much less stress on the schools; and much less stress on the economy.

As the pandemic raged in late 2021, self-centered, unvaxxed people needlessly kept the hospitals overwhelmed for far longer than if they had just gotten vaccinated.

The chart below is typical for health systems at the time. While looking at this chart, remember this. Only about a third of us were unvaccinated at the time. Yet, in this typical case, the unvaccinated represented 87% of the hospitalized Covid patients and 92% of the ICU patients. How many poor souls died needlessly from Covid or other medical emergencies because of selfish, unvaccinated people overwhelming the hospitals???
    FB_IMG_1641073134932.jpg

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. g8trjax

g8trjax GC Hall of Fame

Jun 1, 2007
    Honestly never imagined anyone was still that freaked out by covid but like you said, especially a physician.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Sure. If you ignore all the scientific evidence that shows at all age levels that the vaccinated have better outcomes when it comes to getting the virus, hospitalization numbers and mortality rate, and just believe it within your heart, without evidence, that all you need is to be healthy, then you might be...no. You are still wrong. The scientific evidence speaks for itself. So does the anecdotal evidence like this article, or this one, that describe otherwise healthy, and young people getting serious ill or dying from COVID.

Odds are, the next car ride you take, even if you don't wear a seat belt, you'll get to your destination without incident. The average person gets into an average of 1 car accident every 10 years. But, if you want to lower your odds of being seriously hurt or killed in an accident, buckle up, every time.

Want to lower your odds of being safe from COVID. Yes, being healthy is one way to do it. But so is getting vaccinated. Nothing says you can't do both, and as the studies show, being vaccinated also lowers the transmission rate of the virus, which protects others. Who may have underlying conditions that are genetic, and may not be able to just eat right and exercise and be healthy.

• Winner Winner x 3
  13. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    A healthy young person is at almost no risk from this disease. The data shows this. We know who the high risk groups are.

If people want to take meds. They are free to do so. Even if it is not necessary.

14. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Statistically, I am also at almost no risk from not wearing my seat belt the next time I drive. But I wear one, because it lowers my risk of being seriously hurt or injured every time I do. And at almost no harm. I got vaccinated because it lowers the risk of me being seriously sick or dying from COVID. It does this for everyone, as multiple studies have shown. It also lowers the risk for those around me, as the Canadian study shows, by lowering transmission rates of the virus. And again, at almost no harm to me.

• Winner Winner x 2
  15. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    And you were and are free to make that decision for yourself. Many do not want to force their body into action when it is unnecessary. Especially with a drug that is new to the market and has been pushed with a lot of red flags (ignoring natural immunity/coercion/designed for a spike protein that is long gone/etc). I am in full support of those who choose to booster away. Just like I am in full support of those that choose to avoid taking these drugs.

***driving in a car is far more dangerous than covid is to many***

16. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    We have seat belt laws, because it benefits everyone. Less fatalities and less serious injuries when when everyone is wearing a seat belt. Results in lower auto insurance and health insurance rates for all. We also have plenty of vaccine laws on the books. And it's too bad that the COVID vaccine mandate was struck down, because had everyone been vaccinated, we would have had less getting sick, less people in the hospital, and less people in the morgue. Several studies have proven this to be true.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. mutz87

mutz87 p=.06 VIP Member

Aug 30, 2014
    It would take auto fatalities over two decades to kill as many people as covid did in two. So no, driving a car is not "far more dangerous to than covid is to many" That's just really poor logical reasoning.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. pkaib01

pkaib01 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
  19. rtgator

rtgator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Freaked out??? Covid was the most deadly event in U.S. history. One million Americans died. More than the Spanish Flu. More than the Civil War. More than all U.S. military conflicts in the 20th Century combined.

Yet, the same selfish people will again be "no shows" when the next pandemic hits. (And it will.) No vaccinations. No mask wearing. No social distancing. Just let the vulnerable die. Who cares?

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. philnotfil

philnotfil GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    How can you say it is poor logical reasoning when it gets someone the answer they want?