Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Coronavirus in the United States - news and thoughts

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by GatorNorth, Feb 25, 2020.

1. mutz87

mutz87 p=.06 VIP Member

Aug 30, 2014
    Second booster, I'd say consult with your doctor. There's likely some diminishing returns, especially if you recently got the first booster. Diminished returns doesn't mean zero benefit, but perhaps something that might be unnecessary right now. TIFWIW

Last edited: May 14, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. vaxcardinal

vaxcardinal GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    in this day and age, what's the thought process for these people that show up to work sick without a thought for getting tested?

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. antny1

antny1 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2019
    Woke up with it. He's a rookie and was scared to call out. Not an excuse but an explanation.

• Like Like x 1
  4. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    And they are ineffective now. You might think they are. But pushing these drugs on healthy people has been wrong. From so many levels.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 2
  5. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    From day one I said the vulnerable should consider it. Now that omicron is here…I don’t see the need and have moved my position. Especially considering how natural immunity has been ignored and we still don’t have a second generation drug.

6. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 11, 2011
    Good god man - nobody is pushing them on anyone anymore. Get over it. Nobody is gonna make you take it. Quit living in fear.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    Trust me…I have not been living in fear since the beginning.

It is cute you think so though.

And while the coercion has stopped. Moderna is asking to jab 6 month olds. Now most realize that is a ridiculous idea for a healthy child and will not do it. But let’s not act like it is not being pushed. Unnecessarily.

8. BigCypressGator1981

Oct 11, 2011
    Paralyzed by your fear. Maybe get outside today and get some fresh air. It’ll do you good. Nobody is gonna vaccinate your kids.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. coleg

coleg GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2011
    We can understand your fear. When a business tries to expand its'...... business... the horror. Just yesterday I saw another business actually selling (pushing to use your terminology) ..... masks. LOL

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    I have been outside a lot. And will continue to do so. Part of enjoying life. And you are correct. Nobody will be vaccinating my kids for Covid. Other things…yes.

But you keep missing the big picture. They are still pushing a drug designed for a variant long gone for people (young healthy kids) that do not need it. No second generation drug. No noticeable push on therapeutics (though there are people continuing to work on it the government should have been far more focused here verse pushing drugs most people do not need).

Something tells me you are the one paralyzed by fear. But hey. To each their own.

11. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    Go for it. Fire these drugs in your young healthy children and grandchildren. I do think you are crazy to do so. But not going to stop you.

12. BigCypressGator1981

Oct 11, 2011
    Can’t be outside that much with how much you’re melting down about this disease daily for the last two years.

Reasonable people want vaccines for their children. You do not. And that’s fine. What you should really do is mind your own damn business about what other people are doing.

Everyone has heard your take on this a thousand times. We get it. Move on with your life already.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

Now? Sure BUT what about 18 months ago when this thing was running roughshod?

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. BigCypressGator1981

Oct 11, 2011
    You’re just gonna whine incessantly about it on the internet.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. tilly

One can be pro vaccine and still see big Pharma as an cesspool.

You couldn't get that needle anywhere close to my 6 month old.

None of that changes the fact that the vaccines have been a huge net positive for our society.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  16. tilly

1. He isnt anti vaccine(s). Just this one.
    2. I consider myself pretty reasonable and pro vax. My 11 year old had covid and barring some incredible change in youth dynamics from this thing, I will never jab him with THIS vax. While "sick" he was literally playing hoops outside every day with hardly any symptoms. I dont consider that unreasonable.

• Like Like x 1
  17. BigCypressGator1981

Oct 11, 2011
    1). There is a difference between just choosing to not vaccinate your child and choosing to not vaccinate your child and acting like an insufferable dipshit on the internet about the choices other parents are making for their children.

2). Although my 1 year old got it pretty bad with the OG strain I still probably wouldn’t vaccinate her. But I also recognize that some kids NEED it because they are at higher risk for one reason or another. And I certainly wouldn’t fault parents for vaccinating their children as it is perfectly safe. Covid poses a greater risk to your child than side effects from the vaccine. That’s what I mean by reasonable. Q has an agenda that extends far beyond his personal domain.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  18. philnotfil

philnotfil GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    What is unreasonable is his continued insistence that his version of reality is correct, and the rest of us are morons for not understanding his brilliant takedown of the pharmaborg's false data. The rest of us just can't grasp his amazing data analysis skills, and keep believing the so-called experts who say that the vaccines are effective at slowing the spread, and reducing the severity of the disease among those who do get infected. I don't know if he really believes what he is peddling, or if he just craves the attention that saying such things brings, but what he is saying is not based in reality.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. antny1

antny1 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2019
    As slight a gesture as it is, his incessant use of a laughing emoji is indicative of his complete reluctance to have any genuine discussion about topics. It's not just covid. Pretty petulant. Also arrogant and narcissistic. And I'm not saying he has a monopoly on that here as many have been pretty ugly on both sides of the discussion.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. homer

homer GC Hall of Fame

Nov 2, 2015
    Come on.

Some of you all are whining about what you think is whining.

If you dislike a posters opinions so much put them on ignore and stop whining about them.

Or if you’re intention is to run people off with a different opinion then keep up the negative attacks and name calling. SMDH

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 2