Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Coronavirus in the United States - news and thoughts

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by GatorNorth, Feb 25, 2020.

1. coleg

coleg GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2011
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Not all professional athletes are American and we need to look at other nations as well to see if reporting in the U.S.A is the anomalous outlier.

Different articles list different numbers of deaths because there is no real consensus... we just do not know the truth about these vaccines and who actually died from the shots in an accurate way.

I'll take my chances with the virus over the vaccine.

• Like Like x 1
  3. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

They weren't all young and the number is t abnormal to a normal year (non covid).

No one here is denying it "could be" but you seem to be claiming it absolutely is.

4. tilly

I said North America. We have 4 major sports leagues plus MLS and college sports. Much higher numbers than most countries. Where are all our post shot deaths...or even illnesses?

5. buckeyegator

buckeyegator Premium Member

Oct 29, 2007
    gainesville, florida
    once again 7 day new case and death averages lowest in 9 months, yet the chicken littles, ie the sky is falling continue to say maskup, revert to previous policies. people just do not want to admit it is safe out there.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  6. Gatorrick22

Apr 3, 2007
    We still don't really know the exact numbers but to say that it's not happening or it's inconsequential is not a fair point. Not that you are saying that... but some here and and around the world are saying that.

7. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Well, this is obviously false. Think about the dates on that list. Were there vaccines in February and March 2020? I looked up two of the names on that list. They died of Covid, not the vaccine, which didn't exist yet. Please stop to think before posting this sort of misinformation next time.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Gatorrick22

Apr 3, 2007
    If I search for personalities that died from covid-19 shots.. or children... or professional athletes.... I get different numbers from different search engines. There is not one honest nor accurate broker of all this information.

That in and of itself is frustrating to me...

9. Gatorrick22

Apr 3, 2007
    You don't really know what false is until the media tells you what it is... That site was the wrong one and that is on me, but to think that it changes whether people are not dying or not from the vaccine is untrue.

10. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Well, your claim about cases is false. 7-day moving average of cases on 4/17: 31,467. 7-day moving average of cases on 3/31: 28,813.

31,467>28,813.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  11. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    So you figure that there were super secret vaccines in February and March 2020 that were killing people in Europe? Remember, February and March 2020 was the initial surge.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. tilly

Because people arent just dropping dead from the vaccine. You are wanting an answer that doesnt exist.

People can die BECAUSE of a seatbelt, but that tiny sample size doesnt mean its a bad idea for the rest of us.

13. tilly

Heck, most of us hadn't really heard of the thing in February. My company shut down the last week of March. Most of us really noticed when the SEC tourney got shelved in March.

14. Gatorrick22

Apr 3, 2007
    Wrong site, changes nothing about people that are dying from the vaccines. Do you think people are NOT dying from taking the covid-19 shots? Is that what you want to say?

Tell us that.

15. Gatorrick22

Apr 3, 2007
    Are you saying that no athletes are dying in sports of direct complications from the vaccines?

Here's the bottom line, if you are young and healthy why even take that vaccine? That makes zero sense to me.

16. tilly

You said professional.
    I say that I am unaware of any covid related death to a professional athlete in North America. Almost 100% are vaxed. The sheer percentages would say one of them would have died if your site is accurate.

Now lets add in MLS, pro lacrosse, woman's sports and all the 1000's of college athletes. Where are these questionable deaths?

17. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    I've seen no evidence provided of one.

Well, take the 21 year old soccer coach in your erroneous list, who died from Covid. He thought he was healthy. You say, "well, he wasn't healthy," but he didn't know that he had leukemia until he showed up at the hospital with Covid.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. Gatorrick22

Apr 3, 2007
    Why are you only considering 'American' professional athletes to make this point? Don't you thiknk that other counties of that world are giving these vaccines too? Or do you not trust other counties' numbers on deaths caused by the vaccines or compilations directly from the vaccines.

I don't know but legendary Basketball player John Stockton seems to think over 100 have died from the vaccine shot. Not sure where he came up with that number ... Why even take the jab... that's really my point... especially if you are a professional athlete.

Off the Deep End: NBA Legend John Stockton Says 150 Pro Athletes Have Died From the COVID Vaccine

19. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    While I appreciate your statement about not knowing where he came up with that number, you are still spreading a message with no factual basis. Stockton provided no evidence to back his claims. As such, they are essentially not valuable in assessing the situation.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. tilly

Rick. No other nation or region has the volume of pro athletes like we do. Most countries have one pro sport of any consequence.

We have:
    MLB
    NFL
    NHL
    NBA
    MLS
    Minor League Baseball
    WNBA
    SEC
    BIG 10
    ACC
    Pac 10
    Big 12

...and thats just the major stuff.

No other country/continent has that volume of athletes. Not even close.

I am singling it out because if players are dying from vaccines we would see it here.

Heck, name the last pro athlete or D1 athlete to die of a questionable cause ...period... in North America. We are talking 10's of thousands. There have to be some right?

I mean who gives a crap what John Stockton says? What is his level of disease expertise?

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1