Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Coronavirus in the United States - news and thoughts

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by GatorNorth, Feb 25, 2020.

1. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    see post 34282 above.

2. mutz87

mutz87 p=.06 VIP Member

Aug 30, 2014
    I used CDC & World-o-Meter numbers to calculate the daily death numbers and percentages by month. There's no hard or fast cut point between delta & omicron deaths right now that I know of (we'll get a clearer picture at some point) but for comparison purposes covid cases started rising in November with the big spike in omicron occurring in mid/late December. Same with deaths.

Not quite sure how Regeneron factors into this. Perhaps you can shed some light. I mean, it's probably suppressing death numbers, but I'm not sure if it's occurring equally since both vaxxed and unvaxxed were both eligible for such a treatment.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    I might feel the way you apparently do if I followed the fauc…o_O:confused::D:devil::ninja3:

Cheers!

4. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    It is over. If you want to dwell on it and live in fear going forward. By all means. We know about the virus. We know how to deal with the virus better. We need to stop shutting down life for the virus.

Thankfully in Florida we basically have!

The damage being done is with lockdowns and coercive tactics to force people into decisions they do not want to make needs to stop. Immediately!

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  5. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    The VPZD Show was solid Just recently. Two doctors whom are trying to navigate this thing from all angles and not via tunnel vision. Both are vaccinated and boostered. One boostered by choice the other by coercion. I agree with a lot of their positions. I disagree with some of their positions. But these are the kind of doctors everyone should listen to. I would classify them as ones who pushed for everyone to get vaccinated. They still think the vaccine is good. But with time we are well past trying to push this on people and the science shows that.

Hope some can get their bias and tunnel vision glasses off to listen to what they say. The most important part is they know the policy decisions being pushed by the bureaucrats and not doctors will be setting us back a long way when it comes to many things in healthcare. Especially vaccines…

6. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    who is shutting down life? where? other than maybe China

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    Regeneron if given early makes a HUGE difference for Delta both lowering morbidity, mortality and transmissibility.

Just read an article that was saying the majority of deaths in the recent surge is in the over 70 population(who were heavily vaccinated).

8. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    Youtubistan is a dystopian hellhole.

9. philnotfil

philnotfil GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    The ability to ignore facts that disagree with what one wants to be true is staggering. He really doesn't care about those deaths.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  10. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    I know you enjoy the benefits of living in Florida where your fellow community members are not required to engage in coercion and ridiculous virtue signaling.

The damage to peoples livelihoods was and in some places continues to be unacceptable.

Through in the minimum one generation of destruction when it comes to public health. It is going to take a long time to recover. We are fortunate in Florida and the free states as they have been called.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    Booster up. It won’t change the unfortunate realities of this terrible disease.

12. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I do like that most of the Dem Governors are finally coming around on the masking issue. Except no one buys that it's about the "science", it's really about Nov Elections coming up. Just happy I leave in a state that has been back to normal for over a year now. Pretty much everywhere will be mask free(except schools of course, can't piss off the teachers unions) by the end of the month.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. philnotfil

philnotfil GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Yes, if we ignore the data, boostering doesn't accomplish anything. Fortunately, in reality, boostering up is highly effective.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    At this point very little benefit for the healthy. And now we have the uphill battle to regain trust due to the idiotic public health bureaucrats.

You would actually really like the doctors from the video I posted. They still would say everyone who has not been vaccinated should. Booster a different story. As I said…I agree with them on some things and disagree with them on others. But they are trying to navigate this the right way.

15. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    The mask is such a joke. Many know I have been on that side from the beginning. And it was the correct side.

In fact the masking of kids is not only wrong but damaging to their development. Adults engaging in virtue signaling is par for the course with the world. But they just don’t work to slow the spread.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. jeffbrig

jeffbrig GC Hall of Fame

Aug 7, 2007
    Seriously....why do you keep beating this drum? In what way could you possibly benefit from spreading this attitude? There are reams and reams of data that show statistically significant improvements in death rates for all ages. Yes, the risk of dying from covid is low if you are young and healthy. But it is DEMONSTRABLY lower if you are also vaccinated. Again, what do you possibly have to gain by talking down the benefits?

Sorry, this touches a nerve. I know otherwise "healthy" people that were severely impacted by covid, and two that even died from it. I'm pretty sure they would have loved to have been vaccinated, even though it was "of very little benefit".

Go ahead, rate me as "funny" again. I'm turning into quite the comedian...

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  17. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    The data speaks. The young and healthy are at little risk. There is no other way to put it.

Now everyone has different risk tolerances. And no doubt the propaganda has affected those risk tolerances. But reality is this disease is not that dangerous to the young and healthy. The data shows this.

And we now see the vaccine means nothing for slowing the spread. If one wants to put their body to work with a drug designed for a variant long gone. I support that. Just like I support the person who does not want to put their body to work.

I really wish we had focused on the high risk groups and spent more energy on the new variants with control groups that are not available with therapeutics. But we are where we are. And sadly a ton of trust has been lost in Public Health. The bureaucrats were and are an abject disaster.

18. docspor

docspor GC Hall of Fame

Nov 30, 2010
    glad to see Captian CDS is not letting covid dominate his life.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    He keeps posting because you keep replying to him.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    Hopefully others will join in letting Covid go and moving on accordingly. That does not mean ignore it. But good grief people have to stop the overreacting.

• Funny Funny x 1