Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Coronavirus in the United States - news and thoughts

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by GatorNorth, Feb 25, 2020.

1. mutz87

mutz87 p=.06 VIP Member

Aug 30, 2014
    No one is "ignoring" natural immunity. It's unwise to think we can rely on NI as a strategy in an infectious disease pandemic since it would require a bunch more people to actually get infected, with unnecessary increases in hospitalizations and deaths that follow.

This isn't an a la carte strategy where it's about personal choice to wait until one gets sick then taking drugs. And the thing about this virus is that it's still in the wild, with the delta strain showing that it can continue using humans to reproduce itself and spread to others regardless of vaccination status. But what it's far less likely to do is cause serious illness or death to vaccinated.

To go back to my football analogy: we wouldn't want to have a defensive system that revolves around the free safety making desperate last ditch plays to stop TDs, right? Rather, we would want that D-line and LBs owning the LoS and stopping plays up front.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  2. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Do any of you people here remember when I said that Japan was using Ivermectin to deal with Covid-19? Well it looks like that was complete success story that no one in the MSM will ever let American's know about.

Read on and then tell me that there is NOT a group of Left leaning people's around the world, in control of our lives, that are responsible for the deaths of millions of people world wide.

Japan drops vax rollout, goes to Ivermectin, ENDS COVID almost overnight

The ongoing COVID-19 nonsense here in the United States exists solely and exclusively because our governments have failed to use the correct treatment. They used so-called "vaccines" when Japan has just proven, in less than ONE MONTH, that Ivermectin can wipe out the disease.

Sweden's Public Health Agency on Wednesday recommended a temporary halt to the use of the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine among young adults, citing concerns over rare side effects to the heart. It said the pause should initially be in force until December 1, explaining that it had received evidence of an increased risk of side effects such as inflammation of the heart muscle (myocarditis) and inflammation of the pericardium (pericarditis). {link to CBS News (Secure)]

"Finland, Denmark and Norway have also moved away from the COVID vaccines."

"Finland last Thursday joined Sweden, Denmark and Norway in recommending against use of Moderna Inc.’s Covid-19 vaccine in younger age groups, citing risks of rare cardiovascular side effects they said warranted the precautionary steps."

"Finland’s Institute for Health and Welfare said last Thursday it would pause use of the Moderna vaccine among men under the age of 30, following a similar step last Wednesday by Swedish regulators. Denmark last Wednesday said it wouldn’t offer the Moderna vaccine to under-18s as a precautionary measure."

Japan drops vax rollout, goes to Ivermectin, ENDS COVID almost overnight

Last edited: Oct 31, 2021
  3. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    Whether VAERS database numbers are useful to assess vaccine risk is a completely different issue than whether natural immunity should be "enough". While I favor vaccines for all, including those with natural immunity, I recognize it is a debatable point.

Misinterpretation of VAERS database is not debatable. Why do you keep giving incorrect info? Many have articulated why you are wrong on that. What is your response to that? How are we wrong? What evidence do you have that all of these health experts saying that VAERS is not an appropriate source for assessing risk are all wrong?

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Gatorrick22

Apr 3, 2007
    And we're going to push this POISON drug onto our children here in the U.S.A.?

Continuation---

"Norway on Wednesday advised that all under-18s shouldn’t be given the Moderna vaccine, even if they had already received one dose, and recommended that men under 30 consider getting the vaccine developed by Pfizer Inc. and BioNTech instead. Norwegian officials cited U.S., Canadian and Nordic data, saying the absolute risks remain low and calling the advice “a precautionary measure.”

"The European Medicines Agency said Thursday that new preliminary data from the Nordic countries supports a warning the agency adopted in July that inflammatory heart conditions called myocarditis and pericarditis can occur in very rare cases following vaccination with Covid-19 shots made by Moderna and Pfizer-BioNTech."

"By far, however, the absolute superstar among foreign nations dealing with COVID is Japan. Japan has PULLED the vaccines and substituted Ivermectin - and in one month, wiped COVID out in that country!"

* Safe? Japan pulls Moderna vax, ends nationwide vax drive after “magnetic” “metals” found to contaminate jabs:

5. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    Jen Psaki tests positive for COVID-19 (msn.com)

Jen Psaki tests positive for COVID-19
    White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki said Sunday she has tested positive for COVID-19.

"On Wednesday, in coordination with senior leadership at the White House and the medical team, I made the decision not to travel on the foreign trip with the President due to a family emergency, which was members of my household testing positive for COVID-19," Psaki said in a statement.

"Since then, I have quarantined and tested negative (via PCR) for COVID on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday," she added. "However, today, I tested positive for COVID. While I have not had close contact in person with the President or senior members of the White House staff since Wednesday — and tested negative for four days after that last contact — I am disclosing today’s positive test out of an abundance of transparency.

"I last saw the President on Tuesday, when we sat outside more than six-feet apart, and wore masks. Thanks to the vaccine, I have only experienced mild symptoms which has enabled me to continue working from home. I will plan to return to work in person at the conclusion of the ten day quarantine following a negative rapid test, which is an additional White House requirement, beyond CDC guidance, taken out of an abundance of caution," Psaki added.

Glad to see the vaccine working so good

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    This is totally fake.

Japan has not substituted ivermectin for COVID-19 vaccines

CLAIM: “Japan has pulled the vaccines and substituted ivermectin — and in one month, wiped COVID out in that country.”

AP’S ASSESSMENT: False. Japan has not stopped the use of coronavirus vaccines, nor has it substituted them with the parasite drug ivermectin, according to a list of COVID-19 approved medical products from Japan’s Ministry of Health.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. mutz87

mutz87 p=.06 VIP Member

Aug 30, 2014
    I see lboy beat me to it. Anyway, check your sources.

Japan did not drop its vaccination rollout nor is ivermectin approved for use against covid in Japan.

On the other hand, despite the slow response to purchasing vaccines by the Japanese government, their vaccination rates have now surpassed the US and are over 70% nationwide for fully vaccinated.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. coleg

coleg GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2011
    How creative. Was this another townhall,com delusion or another blatant fabrication via Bannon's folly?
    Japan has not substituted ivermectin for COVID-19 vaccines
    But you sure had us there for three seconds. SMH

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Japan total population is 75% vaccinated. 14% of their population is under 16 and not eligible. That means that the people eligible for vaccine are 90%+ vaccinated. You really need to diversify your sources

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Gatorrick22

Apr 3, 2007
  11. Gatorrick22

Apr 3, 2007
  12. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Here's more on Japan, and the fact is still vaccinating its residents, and ivermectin is not approved to treat COVID.

And Moderna? It's not approved for kids under 16 in the US. Only Pfizer is. Overly cautious in my opinion, to avoid myocarditis. That's because the rate of myocarditis from kids who get COVID is actually higher than the rate from Moderna in kids. The rate is even lower in Pfizer.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. coleg

coleg GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2011
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    I assume that thought process is moderna is a much higher dose and more likely to cause myocarditis.

15. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    Eh…

I have not golfed a full round in years. In the summer I play a lot of golf with my now 8 year old while my girls play tennis. Swing is solid though. Don’t hit it quite as far as I use to. But my boy can play some golf. This is when he was two almost three years old…

83002ECB-7849-46FB-B48B-E5681EAB3F24.jpeg

I suggest you get outside and enjoy the beautiful weather. It is another way to protect yourself from Covid…:cool:o_O:confused::eek::mad::D:devil::ninja3::)

• Like Like x 2
  16. Gatorrick22

Apr 3, 2007
    That's wonderful... I hope everything works out for everyone in your family.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    Yes we are ignoring natural immunity. We are pressing businesses to fire people and take away their livelihoods. Those who have natural immunity. While we tell others to booster up. Yet those with natural immunity continue to rarely be reinfected. In fact extremely rarely get reinfected.

So many who gave their lives to treating those with Covid and caught Covid now being told take a shot they don’t need.

We absolutely are ignoring science and natural immunity. It is political and disgusting.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  18. Gatorrick22

Apr 3, 2007
    Keep fighting the good fight... The truth will soon come out, and everyone will be shocked and disgusted at the truth. Then comes the real reparations...

Last edited: Nov 1, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. slightlyskeptic

slightlyskeptic All American

May 13, 2021
    Love that straight right arm. Looks like a natural.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    We are ignoring natural immunity. Go to any liberal city and try to go to a bar. There isn't an exception for natural immunity. Just because you say "no one is ignoring" natural immunity doesn't make it so.